Saints of Youth

3

“Where the fuck did you come from?” Frank had spun around fast to find a tall man with a black cloak and tall, white wings stare him down.

“The 8th dimension of course, where else?” He asked, reclining back into the open air, hovering above the ground.

“This fucker won’t leave me the fuck alone.” Mikey had spat in Gerard’s direction.

“Mikey, I told you, I’m on a mission from the powers that be. And in fact, I found my mission and I thank you for bringing him forth.”

The Saint had stretched out his arms and pulled Frank into a tight hug, Frank convulsed in pain as the creature absorbed into his body.

Mikey backed up slowly, “Leave!” He yelled, “I’m fucking free, I-I can leave!”

Leesha had ran down the hall, seeing her husband cry tears of relief. Somewhere in their reunion, Frank had felt himself walk down the hallway hearing the voices of joy as the world vibrated in his eyes. Tears had almost escaped his cheeks, he was afraid.

“Frank, oh Frank it’s the miracle!” Leesha had Mikey by her side, the couple crying into each other’s arms as Frank barley registered their words of joy.

“I-I’m glad it worked out for you both, and Mikey stop being a dick and leave once in a while.” Frank tried to make light of the situation at hand, tried so hard to not feel the soft velvet of the supposed Saint still ghosting against his body.

“I will Frank, trust me now I will.” And with a somber smile, Frank was escorted out by Mikey who offered to drive him home.

The neighborhood suddenly felt lighter, like everything was just back into place. The only thing left feeling heavy was the car ride back into town. Frank furiously questioning what was going on in his mind, both men too scared to bring it up.

“Before you go asking me anything I want you to know something.” Mikey had turned to Frank as he pulled up in the Iero’s driveway.

“You stay the hell away from me from this point on.” Mikey held a firm grip on the steering wheel.

“Mikey, Mikey what the hell is going on?” Frank had started to panic a bit; Mikey didn’t even look in his direction.

“Have you ever heard the phrase ask and you shall receive?” Mikey had nervously ran his hand through his blonde hair.

“Well yeah, but what does this have to do wit-

“And you asked! Now take what you’ve gotten and leave me alone...although you’ll come back, he told me you’ll come back.” Mikey had interrupted me and shook in his seat, still ignoring me.

I got out of the car carefully, minding my distance from Mikey who had started picking at his skin. He caused putrid welts to rise and he shuddered.
He quickly drove off muttering something about freedom to himself.

Walking into the house, I felt the emptiness hit suddenly. I remembered my folks weren’t home; they were out grocery shopping for about the tenth time this week. I had thrown myself on my bed, finding my sketch book by my side. I smiled, and decided to take my mind off the weirdness of today and try perfecting my tattoo.

Flipping through the pages I got out some markers to trace over my pencil drawing and just then my sketch book flew out of my hands and hit the wall with a loud thud.

“I will have none of that now my dear.”

And a fog-like foam oozed out of my skin into the same angelic form I had tried to get out of my mind. His face was round and plump, just peeking out from slits were his dark green eyes. He had a pointed nose and a taut mouth, not a blemish in sight.

“You’re confused; I find that happens to many mortals, confusion.” He glided around the room, touching all my belongings with his slender fingers.

“I don’t even know who the fuck you are, what do you expect?” I tried to suck up the initial fear of having this thing roam around my room.

“Now Frank, my intention is as pure as the skin on your untainted body.” His eyes had followed every line on my skin, I could feel goose bumps popping up as the hair tickled and stood on end.

“What’s with your fixation on my fuckin’ skin dude?” I had asked, sucking in air one breath at a time.

The Saint had cackled, ghosting fingers brushing over my skin. “Your flesh has no impurities; your soul is reflected through the transparency of your desires.”

The figure had glided around, circling me to stop and face me in the eyes. “I’m here to save you of said impurities; I’m here to cleanse the soul’s thirst for our savior’s blood.” The creature shouted dramatically.

I slapped my hand to my face, rubbing desperately at my eyes to get this thing to disappear.
“Please stop talkin’ like that; I have no clue what you’re talkin’ about.” I whined, his words were hurting my head and what the hell do you say to a Saint thing who thinks you’re impure or whatever?

“I will tell you everything in due time, now rest human, your body is too weak to go on for now.”

Come to think of it, I was feelin’ tired. I shut my eyes and found myself placed in my bed. I don’t remember anything after that.

I got up sometime mid day, feeling fabulous if I do say so myself. That is, until I got to my kitchen.

“Mornin’ Bag-o-bones, how did ya sleep?” It was that Saint, that Way thing or whatever it was called. It was sitting on the chair eating my Lucky Charms. Instead of the black cloak it wore before, it was now wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

“Fine.” Again I was lost for words.

“Kid, you need to relax and stop worrying about Mikey.” He had said, and I stared shocked.

“And no I can’t read minds, it’s just you humans are very predictable.” It said matter of factly.

“What did you do to Mikey?” I asked, trying to be calm, hell I even poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat down across from it.

The creature sighed and stopped eating. “Well all…need to use someone to our advantage at one point or another. Now I will explain all soon, just keep going through your daily routine as normal. “

And surprisingly I complied, but not without keeping an eye on the Saint, who found the Nickelodeon channel and sat there watching it most of the day.

All I could feel was that this had to be the calm before the storm.