A two way street to love.

Chapter 12: Living in the moment

I braced myself as I heard him come in behind me. Why? I have no idea. Just the fact that we haven't spent a night apart since he got here and I had shared so much with him scared me. When I leave at the end of the summer, how would that work? He can't come back to Chicago with me. I knew why he was here, but I didn't want him to be.

"Why are you running away from me constantly?" Streeter asked. I turned to look at him and just stared. We stood there in silence, me on one side of the room, him on the other. How had I managed to catch him? He's gorgeous and smart and I'm not. I had thought that being in the b-and-b would be common ground, but I was wrong. Anywhere we met we would have to deal with this.

"I'm not trying to." I said. He started to talk, but I just cut him off. "No, will you listen to me for a minute?" I sat down on the floor with my back to him. "I used to read Nora Roberts books and romance novels and they were always about love and soul mates and that's what you keep talking about. But, then other books would talk about people falling out of love and summer flings and I don't know what we have. I'm scared Streeter. I just don't know what I'm feeling and I'm confused and scared. What you said last night freaked me out. Yes, you could go to college in Chicago and be with me, but what if we don't work out? What if we break up? Then you are in a college that you didn't want to be in and I'll be looking over my shoulder for you. I'm just confused, Streeter." I ended on a sigh. When his arms came around me, I relaxed in his arms.

"Can we just enjoy the summer and not talk about the future? Can't we just enjoy what we have for now?" he asked.

"Yeah." I turned in his arms and kissed him softly, but he turned the kiss around so there was passion there as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
havent updated in a longggggggg time and im SOOO sorry D:

things have been ridiculously crazy but hopefully i get back into this soon :)

I DESPERATELY NEED TO EDIT SO JUST IDk...... lol.