Status: in progress

Untitled

1. Shock

It really looked as though Demi and Leo had inherited their mother’s accident prone nature. They’ve outdone themselves this time though. Both of them got hurt, by the other, whilst jousting on their mountain bikes. I’ve called Sarah – that’s their mother, my sister – to let her know they’re safe with me, at the hospital. Again.
She’s off doing 3-month-early Christmas shopping for the kids. I told her to treat herself – she’s just been through a divorce with the kids’ father. I tried to make light of the situation, telling her at least she needn’t buy him anything. It cheered her up a bit. Or rather she let me think it did.
I decided to go stay with her and the kids for a bit; help them get back to normal life, that sort of thing. I’ve been there two months now, and it doesn’t look like I’ll be moving out anytime soon. Which is fine by me; beats living in my pokey rented flat on my own any day! I’m twenty-five, single, with no house and no money. I do have a job, but it’s only part time at the disabilities home. I’m glad to be helping people, it’s what I like to do – it makes me feel like I have a part in this life. Doctors and Nurses I really admire – especially those ones who really care, like my old family doctor Sarah and I would see every time we were admitted to A+E for whichever one of our reckless adventures. We were silly back then, not being careful enough when out in the woods or at the beach. Sarah always got hurt a lot more than me, she jokes I have a sixth sense for avoiding terrible danger. She reckoned I attract minor danger, whilst being protected from major danger simultaneously. Nice theory, but I think she’s just less careful than me. And Demi and Leo are even less careful than her!
We sat in the waiting room; Demi clutching her arm, and Leo his stomach. Each had a small puncture from the broken drain pipes they’d used as jousting sticks. They’d been patched up and we were now waiting to see a Doctor. They were comparing the size of their bandages; Leo boasting because his was the biggest. Demi pointed out that that meant she’d inflicted the most harm and therefore she was the winner. I had to admit, she had a point.
“Miss and Mr Tye please.” I took them over to the smiling nurse, standing in the doorway, beckoning. She led us to the Doctor’s office. I chivvied the kids along and sat them down in chairs either side of me in front of the desk. I sat down too, and finally looked up.
My jaw dropped as I met the gaze of the Doctor.
It was our old Doctor – mine and Sarah’s. And he didn’t look a day older than when I’d last seen him seventeen years ago.
“Dr Cullen…..Carlisle?”
♠ ♠ ♠
once again, this is just me writing about how i'd so love to be in Carlisle's world, not a realistic piece, more to test my writing that the storyline xD