Status: Finished

Hell on High Heels

Dancing on glass

Chelsea's PoV

I nervously wait for Nikki. I’m currently in New York and tomorrow our new clothing line will be showed at the New York Fashion Week.

I look at my nails and try not to bite them, something I always seem to do when I’m stressed. And believe me, I am stressed. I seem to turn into a nervous wreck before a show even though I’ve been successful since the 90ties.

Nikki comes running towards me. “Sorry I’m late Chel, my flight was delayed."

"It’s ok Nikki, it’s not your fault. I do want you to know that I’ll turn into a chaotic, nervous mess any time now. So if I turn into a bitch, don’t be surprised and don’t take it to heart."

He smiles. “It’s fine babe. I’ll probably be even worse tomorrow, so we’ll probably end up as the ‘stressed twins.’

The next day Nikki and I are running around trying to organize stuff. I have to stop myself from yelling at him when he tells he has to rehearse one last time for the gig he’ll be playing during the show with the guys.

He surprises me by giving me a kiss on the cheek before turning around and leaving. He lingers by the door, telling me it’ll be fine before he leaves me alone.

Nikki’s PoV

I know I have to leave for band rehearsal but I don’t feel like leaving Chelsea when she’s so stressed and needs someone to be there, even though she’s too proud to ask me to stay.

Yes, I know, I officially got it bad for her. Ever since I hung out with her for the first time in years, I started to remember why I had fallen for her in the first place, somewhere in 1984. If I hadn’t loved heroin more, we could have still been together , who knows. It’s hard to focus on the band rehearse and the other guys know it.

“Are you just stressed or has Chelsea invaded your mind?” Vince asks with a grin. “I bet it’s both."

"Hell yeah it’s both,” Mick answers for me while Tommy just responds like he always does: by starting to sing the ‘Nikki and Chelsea sitting in a tree’ song.

“But why don’t you ask her to be your girl?” Mick asks. “You two have been beating around the bush for way too long."

"Mick’s right. You and Chel have always been like Mick and Janet, even before they broke up for a lame ass reason and …well…became Mick and Janet, if that makes sense."

"Strangely, it does."

"So you think I’ve got a chance with her."

"Oh please Nikki, you absolutely have a chance with her. You always had and always will have, why did you think we arranged a double date for her, you and Mick and Janet. Even Scarlett noticed the chemistry between you and her mother and how many times has she seen you? Three?" Vince says with a roll of his eyes.

"Four actually,” I mumble.

“Whatever. Even she things you and her mom belong together and she’s only ten. Now grow a pair and ask her out."

"Well gee Vince, the message is clear. Now come on, let’s practice ‘Hell on high heels’ one more time.”