Status: Finished

Hell on High Heels

Toast of the town

(Chelsea's PoV)

Another two weeks past, another meeting with Nikki, I think as I look at the clock. He is late. Currently I’m sitting at my kitchen table, occasionally joining the conversation that Janet and Mick, who had came over earlier, have. Scarlett, my 10 year old daughter is sitting next to me, completely caught up in a book.

The bell finally rings and I stand up to let Nikki in.

“Hey Chelle, Mick, Janet! How are you guys?"

"We’re fine, you?"

"Great."

"Nikki, I want you to meet my daughter. Scarlett, this is Nikki, Nikki, this is Scarlett.”
As Nikki shakes my daughters hand, I clean the table before grabbing the drawings I had made for the clothing line.

“Janet and I are going so that you can have your meeting in peace."

"Wait, you don’t have to lave because of this."

"We were planning to go already before you showed up dude, weren’t we Jan?"

"Yup.”

When Mick and Janet had left, Scarlett rolls her eyes.

“They really should stop being shy and get back together. Maybe we could set up a date for them."

"Good idea Scarlett,” Nikki grins.

Apparently Scarlett was more serious about getting ‘uncle’ Mick and ‘auntie’ Janet together than I thought, since she decided to call the Lee family about it. Of course Tommy was all for it and he decided to help her.

Vince, who I hadn’t spoken to in years but just happened to be at Tommy’s when she called, decided to be the third partner in crime.

Now it was Friday night and Tommy, Pamela, Vince, Vince’s wife Heidi, Scarlett, Nikki and I are walking to a little Italian place to spy on Mick and Janet, who were having their blind date. So far they didn’t have a clue we were playing matchmakers for them.

Mick, who had been waiting, looks surprised as he sees Janet before a look of realisation creeps over his face. All of a sudden they’re gone.

“Damn it, now we can’t spy on them,” Scarlett mumbles.

“Caught you!”

Everyone jumps as we suddenly hear a voice behind us. We turn around to see Janet and Mick standing there with matching grins.

Tommy is the first one to say something. “Surprise! And actually that’s not the only surprise tonight!"

"What are you talking about T-Bone?” Nikki asks while everyone else, including my daughter, just smiles.

“We’ve also booked a table for you and Chelsea."

"Why?"

"You know why, don’t deny it.”

I roll my eyes.

“Come on Nikki, when they act like that, we won’t get a logical explanation anyway. At least we’re getting a meal out of this.”

After we had dinner we decide to walk back together. Pam had called earlier that Scarlett was tired, so I went back home to take her to bed before returning to Mick, Janet and Nikki. besides that, our meal was pleasant and without further interruptions.

“You know, I really had a nice time with you Nikki,” I say as I open the door of my house.

“Me too.”

He walks over to me to give me a kiss on my cheek. I couldn’t help noticing it was nearly on my mouth.

As I watch Nikki leave I wonder for the 100th time what really is going between us. Our friends definitely seem to think there’s some kind of chemistry between us or else they wouldn’t have set up a date. I’m not really sure if I can agree with them though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=love