SOS: The School of Supernaturals

Prologue: Naturally Super

I clutched my books closer to my chest, biting my lip and keeping in my breath.

People- normal, mid-teens like myself- brushed past me in the bustling corridor, paying me no attention. Nothing seemed abnormal in the bright sunlight, slanting through the old-fashioned open arches of windows through the dark red brick... I watched a laughing boy go past, and briefly caught his eye. He had dark black hair and big brown eyes. As he laughed, they crinkled in laughter... as he walked through a shadow, I flinched. His eyes... well, I could guess which class he was in. I wondered if his friends were like him, or just ditched him at every full moon.

A group of girls walked past me, one of them bumping into my shoulder, hard. The girl in the middle had vivid red hair and laughed as her blonde friend tossed her hair and told me: watch it, freak.

I mumbled an apology, not daring to look her in the eye; but it was too late. The girls had already disappeared into the throng of the crowd.

Overhead, I saw a big sign.

SOS, it read.

Well, that was ironic.

Underneath the word, big, black letters read in a cursive script;

SCHOOL OF SUPERNATURALS.
Naturally super.


I snorted.

Obviously a really lame pep-person had thought of the phrase.

SOS.

Here I come.

I took a deep breath and started to weave my way through the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?