Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Proud.

I sighed and touched my stomach. A small bump was starting to from, even though it was not showing yet. I smiled when I was the ring on my finger. It had been my mom’s, but it was now a symbol of mine and Embry’s love. It had now been a month since he asked me to marry him, and the wedding is scheduled to the end of the summer.

I had on a new blue balloon dress and some black converse. Bree, the girl from the diner had asked us to come to a bonfire, so we could get to know some of her friends. I had gladly accepted the invitation, and now Nessie and Jake and Embry and I was going out to hang with humans.

“Are you ready Bee?” Embry walked into my bathroom.
“Yes, what you think about my dress.” I took a pirouette for him.
“You look beautiful, as always.” He smiled at me and kissed me. Then the bent down and kissed my stomach.
I laughed and pushed his head away. “Stop it.”
“Why? I’m just so proud of you.”

I took his hand and we walked outside. I jumped on his back and he ran us to the main house. Jake was already seated behind the wheel of my Mustang. Nessie rode shotgun.
“So what were the road directions you got from Bree?” Jake asked when we drove towards the main road.
“You take right when you get to the main road, then the second turn to left and left again. She said we could park with the other cars. And she said the trail was very easy to spot, and we’ll probably hear them before we see them.”
Jake laughed. “Okay. Let’s see if we find it.”

Bree told me the teenagers in Glennallen use to meet with a lake. They have the most awesome bonfires she said. I nodded to her and smiled. It made me think back to all the Bonfires I had been on at First Beach. They were awesome. I bet they don’t tell old legends about vampires and werewolves here.

When we finally got to the meeting spot, Bree ran over with her boyfriend Matt.
“Bridget! It’s so good to see you!” she hugged me.
“You too Bree.” I smiled at her as she greeted Nessie to.
Matt shook hands with Embry and Jake.

“You have to meet the others. Come.” She took my hand and led us over to a group that was gathered around a bonfire. “Hey guys! This is Bridget, Renesmee, Jacob and Embry, they moved here last month.”
We heard some mumbled hellos and hi’s. Some waved.
Jake and Nessie sat down and talked with some people, Embry went to get me something to drink.

“Hey, I’m Mika, who are you again?” a boy with blonde hair and light green eyes walked up to me.
I extended my hand. “Bridget Cullen.” I smiled.
“Well it is very nice meeting you. So.. do you have a boyfriend, Bridget Cullen?”
I was very taken aback by his forwardness when I felt a warm hand sneak around my waist. “No she doesn’t,” Embry said and looked down Mika. “but she does have an fiancée.”
Mika took a step back. “Oh sorry man, I didn’t know.” He put his hands up.
Embry laughed. “It’s okay. I’m Embry.”
Mika shook his hand. “Mika.”

“HEY! I TOLD YOU TO BACK THE FUCK OF!” I snapped my head up when I heard Jake yell. I saw a beer in his hand. Jacob don’t take alcohol that well.
He was standing face to face with a boy. Nessie tried to push him away. Jake started shaking. Oh no.
“Embry, go calm him down now! He is fucking going to phase in front of everyone!” I whisper yelled the last part.
He nodded and walked over to Jacob. He pulled him away from the others.
I walked over when Jake had stopped shaking. I found the car keys in his pocket and handed them to Embry.
“Drive him home Embry. I’ll come up with an excuse and then you come pick us up afterwards.” I ordered them.
“Are you going to be fine?” Embry asked me in a worried voice.
“Yeah, just get Jacob home to Jasper. He’ll calm him down.”

I walked over to Nessie. “What happened?”
She sighed. “A boy talked to me and he flipped. He already had two beers, and you know how he gets.”
I nodded. “I’ll go explain to Bree.”

“Oh my God, Bridget. Is he going to be okay?” Bree asked me when I came over to her and a group of girls.
“Yes, he just has a problem with his temper, and it doesn’t get better when he’d had a few.”
“Okay, Connor didn’t mean to be mean or stupid or anything else. He is a really descent boy actually.” She explained to me.
“I believe you.” I smiled.
“Isn’t it very distracting to live with such a hot man?” a girl that stood beside Bree asked me.
I stared at her. “No, not really, Jake is like my big brother. Either way, I’m with Embry.”
“Bri! Is it thru that you two are engaged?”
I couldn’t help but squeal. “It is.”
Bree took my hands and we jumped up and down. It felt good to just be with a normal person. “I’m so happy for you guys. Show me the ring!”
I lifted my left hand towards her. All the girls ‘aww’ed.
“It’s beautiful!” A girl with red hair said to me.
“Thank you” I smiled.
“My name is Denise, by the way.” She introduced herself.
“It’s nice to meet you Denise.”

Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned to see Nessie. “Em is back with car. Are you ready to leave?”
I nodded and Bree hugged us both before we said goodbye.
After Nessie and I only walked a few feet on the trail she stopped and looked at me.
“You are so slow Bridget!” she laughed. “Here, let me give you a piggy-back ride.”
I giggled and jumped up.
We got into the car and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
YEEEY! I have written the first chapter of the sequel! I feel PROUD!

Anyways, I'll update when I have at least two new comments : )

Comment/Rate/Subscribe !

~ BreeVixen