Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Mortal or Immortal.

The garden looked like a scene taken out of a movie. It was beautiful, magnificent. The sky was clear, but the sun had gone down, so the vampire could be outside without freaking out the humans. I was standing next to Embry, he had his arm around my waist and supported my weight, and I was already tired. I rested my eyes on all the guests who danced around on the home-made dance floor.

The music Edward played was just angelic. I looked at him quizzically when he stopped playing and spoke in the microphone in front of him.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s time for Bridget and Embry to have their first dace as a married couple.” Edward started playing again as Embry led me to the middle of the dancing floor.
I smiled up at Embry; his face looked more beautiful than ever. He didn’t take his eyes of me as we started dancing to the enchanting music. I recognized the composer, Yiruma.

Embry pulled me closer. I rested my head against his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat.
“The song is Love me by Yiruma. I remember you liked to listen to it as a child.” Embry whispered in my hair.
I nodded. “I recognized it. Thank you Embry for giving me the most perfect day of my life.” I looked up and met his loving stare. “I love you.”
“I love you too Bee.” Then he added in a whisper. “Even if you don’t believe me, I’ll love you no matter what, in sickness and health, mortal or immortal.” He lifted me slightly up so I could reach his lips.
As our lips connected, I heard ‘aww’s’ and ‘how cute!’ all around us. I smiled as I pulled away, going back to listening to his steady heart.
We continued to dance after the song had unnoticeably slid over to another song.

Someone cleared their throat behind Embry, we turned and saw my father. “May I have this dance?” he asked Embry, being very formal.
“Of course Emmett.” Embry smiled and gave my hand to my father and walked over to his mother and bid her up to a dance.
“How are you Bri?” Emmett asked me as we started dancing.
“I don’t think there are any adjectives that can describe how fantastic I feel.” I smiled happily at him.
“It’s weird that, even though you are not biologically connected to me or Rose, you remind me so much of her. And me, for that sake.”
“I know. It feels like you are my real parents, or, you are my parents, but I mean like, as if I was your child, that Rose gave birth to, and even if she didn’t you two will forever and always be my parents.” I said to him, feeling oddly open about my feelings.
He kissed the top of my head. “I’m proud of you baby girl. No matter what you do or choose, I’ll support you.”
“Thank you, daddy.” I said silently. “I think I want to sit down for a minute, can you follow me to a chair?” I asked when I felt my feet aching.

Emmett led me to one of the chairs. He walked away afterwards; I think he sensed I wanted a minute alone. I sat at the chair in my own world when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw Bree sit down on the chair next to me.
“Hi.” She smiled. “I didn’t get the chance to congratulate you. And I wanted you to know I don’t judge you.” I knew she meant my pregnancy.
“Thank you Bree, it means a lot to hear that. Are you having a goodtime?” I asked her. She looked a little pale.
“Yeah, or, I don’t really know. I feel a little sick. I think I’ll head home, but I had an excellent time.” She stood up again.
I gave her a worried look. “Do you want me to get someone to drive you home?”
“No, it’s okay, I don’t live that far away. I’ll walk.”
I nodded. “Hope you get better, and I’ll see you when school start.”
She smiled and I hugged her before she walked away.

“Come dance with me Bridget.” Jasper took my hand.
I let him lead me back to the dance floor. It was Rosalie who played now.
“I don’t think I have told you how beautiful you look. Alice did a good job, not that you needed it.”
“Thanks Jazz.” I smiled, but looked at the floor. I didn’t really want to dance with him and to let him know what I felt. I tried to cover it though.
“What’s wrong Bridget?” he looked at me with intruding eyes. “You keep changing your feelings, they are so mixed.”
“It’s nothing. Just tired.”
“Bridget, you know you can’t lie to me.”
I took a step away from him. “Just forget it Jasper, I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Bri...” he looked at me with worried eyes.
“No, don’t give me that look. Back off Jasper.” I stared him in his golden eyes.
He sighed and took my hands again. “Okay.”

Suddenly he froze. “I got to go check something. Just go sit down.”
Jasper disappeared and I just stood there dumbfounded. I walked back to the chair I had sat on earlier.
He was back in less than five minutes. He hoisted me up from the chair and pulled me away from the gathering of people.
“What is it Jazz?”
“Your brother is here.” He said in a serious tone.
My face broke out in a big smile. “Really? Where is he?” I asked excitedly.
“Bridget, listen to me. He has done something bad. He killed a human.”
“Oh noo. No. No, he wouldn’t. Where is he? Who was it?” I stared at Jasper with shock and fear written on my face.

“Emmett and Edward are holding him back in the woods. He wants to come here to talk to you, to explain. Carlisle is trying to talk him from it.”
“Who was it he killed?” I repeated my question.
“Bree.”
I stared at him with my mouth hanging open before the fear was replaced with pure hate and rage. “Take me to him now!”
Jasper didn’t bother to argue; he picked me up and raced inside the woods.

I heard them before I saw them. I heard a snarl. The voice that followed broke my heart. I recognized Chase's voice. The love for my big brother disappeared. Emmett and Edward held him back as Carlisle, who stood in front of him, tried to talk to him.
“Let me go!” Chase yelled. “I need to see my sister!”
He hadn’t seen me yet. I was disgusted by him. He still had blood around his mouth and a crazed look in his eyes.

“I hate you.” I said in a normal voice, hiding every trace of emotion. “I hate you of my whole heart.”
“Lee I-“ I broke him off.
“Don’t you dare call me that! My name is Bridget Call. I am not your sister.” My voice was still free for any emotions.
“It was just one human.” He gave me an apologetic look.
That was the drop. “Just one human?!” I roared at him. “That human was my friend. That human was a fifteen year old girl named Bree. She had a boyfriend. She had a family! She had a life! You took everything away from her. Don’t you dare call her just a human!”

“I’m sorry.”
“Really, are you sorry?” I asked.
He nodded.
“Jasper?” I didn’t take my eyes of Chase.
“He isn’t. He wants to drain you right now. He is craving your blood.” Jasper said in a disgusted voice.
I walked up in front of him and stood next to Carlisle. Carlisle took my hand and squeezed it lightly. I spat at Chase, right in his face.
He looked at me with hateful eyes.
“Anna and Scott would have been ashamed of you. I’m sure they are turning in their graves. Leave. And don’t you ever dare to come back. If you do, I’ll kill you with my own hands.”

He laughed at me. “As if you could hurt me.”
“I will be immortal in less than two years. If you ever come near me, my family or my friends I’ll be sure to get you killed. Let him go.” Emmett and Edward removed their hands and gave me a skeptic look.
Chase took a step forward.
“I’ll make them kill you right now.” I stared into his ruby red eyes.
“Say hello to my parents when you’re dead.” He showed me his glistening white teeth before he took off running the opposite way.

Tears started running down my face and my knees started giving up under me. Just before I hit the ground I felt a pair of warm arms catch me.

It’s going to be okay Bee…
♠ ♠ ♠
: O Chase killed Bree? Omg! haha lol :P Tell me what you think!

The Honeymoon will be in the next couple of chapters.

I'll update when I have two new comments! :)
Thank you for all the comments on the last one btw ^^

Comment/Rate/Subscribe .

~ BreeVixen