Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Refreshing.

“Do you worry about Aden becoming a wolf when he is older?” I asked Claire who sat beside me at the blanket. We watched as Aden built a sand-castle near the water.
“No, I know he’s going to be one. He is going to be a great one too.” I looked at her quizzically. “Aden is only two, but he smelt the vampire scent of you when you came here.”
“Yeah, you are right.” I nodded, lost in my own thoughts.
“Do you worry?” I knew she meant my baby.
“Its inevitable.” was all I said.
Claire looked down at her hands. “I’m sorry for not telling you I knew. I really wanted, but I wasn’t allowed.”
“It’s okay, I understand.” I took her hand when I saw a tear run down her cheek.
“I just feel so sorry for you. You find out only a month or so after you find out you’re pregnant, that you have to be turned in less than two years.” It broke my heart seeing my best friend feel so sad about me.
“Please Claire, I’ll handle it someway.” I laid my head on her shoulder.
“I’ll be your friend even after you are a vampire.” She told me.
“Even if I want to suck your blood?” I asked.
Claire laughed and ruffled my hair. “Even if you want to suck my blood.”

“I’m pregnant.” Claire blurted out.
“What?” I asked shocked.
“I went to the doctors yesterday and found out. I’m ten weeks on the way. I’m having a kid a month after you.” Claire smiled at me.
I returned the smile. “I’m so happy for you. Do you know the sex?”
“No, I want to be surprised.”

I smiled and we sat in silent for a few minutes until Claire jumped up. “Aden Quil Ateara, get out of the water!”
I laughed and stood up and removed my shoes. Claire was walking towards Aden. I ran past her and swept the little boy up in my arms and ran out in the water. Aden squealed of joy when the waves hit us. He clung to me neck with all his force.

I looked up at the cliff and saw almost every male in our family gathered at the top.
“Look Aden, your daddy.” Aden turned just the second Quil threw himself from the cliff. His mouth formed an O’.
When Quil hit the water surface, Embry jumped - more gracefully than Quil – of the cliff. He dove into the black water. I smiled to myself.

Quil then walked up to us. “Refreshing?” I asked.
He laughed. “Yeah, always the same kick.” He grinned.”
“Daddy!” Aden exclaimed and stretched his tiny arms out to his father.
I smiled when Aden threw his arms around Quil’s neck. They walked back to the beach. I gazed at the scene in front of me. Soon I would have my own little family. But for how long? I wondered.

A pair of warm arms sneaked their way around my waist.
"You are wet." Embry mumbled in my hair.
I leaned against his chest. "So are you."
"You're getting cold." he told me.
"No, the water is warm." I said back to him. And it was true, the water as surprisingly warm.
"I know. I just want to get you home." he nibbled a little at my neck.
I giggled and turned around and took his hand. "Then catch me." I started running back to the beach and hoped he would play along, because I knew Embry was way faster than me.
Embry laughed behind me while I ran down the beach.

He threw himself at me and managed to turn us in the air so I landed softly on his chest. I felt his chest shake with laughter and I laughed too. I kissed his collarbone before I moved up to his lips. Embry turned us around so he was hovering over me, supported on his elbows.
I’ll always catch you, you know.” He leaned closer.
I merely nodded, feeling dizzy by his hot breath, and his lips only centimeters away from mine.
“I’ll never let you go.” He pressed his lips hard against mine. Our lips molded together. His tongue slipped inside my mouth and I moaned quietly.
Embry smirked as he pulled away. “Do you want to go home?”
“Yes…” I was out of breath.

He pulled me up from the sand. “Your skirt is ruined.”
“Dang, I really liked it!” I muttered and tried to brush the sand of my wet skirt.

“Try seeing the rest of the house.” Quil said when we walked over to them to get my shoes.
“We’ll try.” Embry laughed.
I waved and kissed the top of Aden’s head. He sat in Claire’s lap.
“See ya’ tomorrow.” I smiled at them.

We walked hand in hand down the road that led to our house. Our hands were swinging and when I looked up at Embry, he looked down at me with a satisfied smile.
“What?” I asked, feeling self-conscious.
“Nothing, you’re beautiful.”
I blushed and got butterflies in my stomach. Embry pulled me close and wrapped his arm around me.

^^^

“Do you want to see a movie?” Embry asked me when we had been into all the rooms of our new house - I loved all of them – and I had changed into dry and clean clothes.
“Sure.” I smiled and looked at the shelf with DVD’s. I spotted my favorite and grinned. “Claire must have put this one in.” I handed it to Embry.
He laughed. “Spirit again? We must have seen it a thousand times.”
He shook his head and put the film on and sat down on the sofa. He pulled me down with him so I was practically laid on top of him, I didn’t complain, I was very comfortable.

“Have you thought about names yet?” Embry asked me halfway through the film.
I grinned and turned around to face him. “I have.”
“And?” he smiled at me.
I blushed a little. “What do you think about Willow?”
“I love it.” he looked happy. “How about Aaron as middle name?”
I nodded. “Willow Aaron Call, Will for short.”
Embry kissed me passionately. I smiled into the kiss.

“What do you want to do tomorrow?” he asked me.
An Idea popped into my mind. “I want to get tattooed.”
“You want to what?” Embry’s mouth hung open.
“Get a tattoo.” I grinned at him.
“Of what?”
My hand stroked over the tattoo on his right shoulder. “The same as yours.”
Embry smiled at me. “Okay.” He kissed me again.

“Embry…?” I asked. The film had ended. “Can we go to the willow?”
He lifted his left brow. “Of course.”
We walked into the kitchen and out the back door. Embry left his clothed on the doorstep and I stared at his beautiful body before it trembled and phased into a gigantic wolf. I climbed clumsily up on him.
“Now be careful, I’m pregnant.” I warned. He huffed and took off.

The Willow was even more beautiful than I remembered. I walked under its branches and felt the rough tree. I had missed it more than I thought I would have.
“So many memories.” Embry said from behind me. I turned and marveled over the perfection of his stark naked body. “I remember the first time we kissed. It feels like a whole lifetime ago, doesn’t it?”
I nodded and looked at the ground. Embry but a finger under my chin and lifted my face to meet his.
“Don’t be embarrassed.” He bent down and kissed me.
I smiled when I felt the Déjà vu. “That is exactly what you said before we did it the first time.”
Embry chuckled and pulled me into a tight embrace. “I know, and I still mean it. You don’t have to be embarrassed to look at me.” He smirked when I pulled away.
“Cocky much?” I laughed.
“I’ll show you cocky…” he said as he pushed me up against the three.

The willow is a magical place…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for all the links :P Long update?
Tell me what you think!

I'll update when I have two new comments :)

Comment and Comment and Subscribe!

~ BreeVixen