Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Awe.

There was a sharp knock on the door. It had been silent for 30 minutes now. Both my mom and dad had tried to get me out of the bathroom, but I refused to let them try to change my mind. There was no other way, the decision is decided.

They knocked again when I just ignored them.
“Leave me alone!” I said stubbornly. I was expecting some smart remark from Emmett, so I was surprised when I heard Jasper’s calm voice.
“Bridget, could you let me in?” he asked me.
“No.” I said. I knew he could just manipulate my feelings into something weird.
“Let me in, Bridget, or I’ll break this door open. I just want to talk.” Jasper was good at hiding treats with his calmness, but I rose from the bathroom floor and unlocked the door before I opened it slowly.

Jasper smiled and walked past me. I closed the door quickly behind it and locked it again.
“Thank you.” He said and put a hand on my shoulder. I looked at the floor. “I want-“
“Jasper, don’t mess with my feelings!” I glared at him when I started feeling relieved and that everything would work out just fine.
“Okay, I won’t.” he removed his hand from my shoulder and I got my old glum mood back. He put a finger under my chin when I looked back at the floor.

“Bridget, I want you to know that I know how you feel, not only because I actually feel your emotions, but because I had it the same way.” I smiled a little at the double meaning but I knew he wasn’t finished. “I don’t know how many years I struggled after I moved in with the Cullens, and I didn’t start trusting myself before last year. And I lost count on how many times I wanted to kill you as you grew up.”
I flinched a little. “But I’m not your child.”
“No, you are my sister and my niece and I love you so, so much, but I still wanted to kill you, or no, that’s not right, I wanted to drain your blood.”
“Then you see why I can’t stay?” I asked with tears in my eyes.

Jasper nodded with a sad look on his face. “I can see why you think you can’t stay. You think you will be one of those wild and untamable newborns; only thinking about blood and your next prey. But you won’t be like that Bridget, I won’t let you. Bella wasn’t like that because she was prepared for what was coming and so are you.”
“Bella wanted to be changed. I don’t.” I said and turned around.
Jasper sighed before he was in front of me again. He hugged me and I rested my head against his cold chest. “I’ll support you if you decide to stay and Iæll support you if you decide to go.”

A silent tear ran down my cheek. “Thank you, Jazz.”
“Do you want to show me you babies? I can’t go back without seeing them; Alice is deadly jealous.” He said with a laugh and wiped away my tears.
I smiled and took his hand. We walked upstairs and found my parents in the nursery holding both babies. They pretended that they didn’t look up at me to see how I was doing and continued cooing down at my babies.

“Isn’t she beautiful, Jazz.” Emmett asked and looked up at his brother.
“Amazing.” Jasper said, he seemed in loss for other words.
I took Lily from my father and looked over at Jasper. He had his eyes looked at the little girl, but it wasn’t a look of hunger, it was a look filled with love.
“Do you want to hold her?” I asked and smiled at him.
He looked up at me with concerned eyes. “Only if you trust me Bri.”
“I trust you Jasper.” I said and handed him the baby.
He held it as if it was the most fragile thing in the world, which she probably was too, compared to him. Jasper looked at Lily in awe. “Her feelings are so pure. She feels safe and loved.” He smiled at me.
I smiled back even though I felt like crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll update if I get two new comments !

Comment-Comment-Subscribe :)


~ BreeVixen