Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Control.

Carlisle was the one who kept his focus and acted fastest. He started throwing out orders.
“Bella, Jasper, Nessie, Esme get out of here,” He said in a professional voice, he knew they wouldn’t be able to handle all the blood. “Alice, go with them and keep them calm.”
Alice nodded her head stiffly – it had been awhile since she hunted – and ushered the others out the front door. She kept her head down in frustration; she hadn’t seen Bridget’s action before Bridget grabbed the knife. It was because Bridget knew her power too well.

Carlisle placed Bridget on the rarely used kitchen table and told Jacob to get his medical kit from his office.
“Edward, you have to keep pressure on the wounds while I give her some morphine,” the doctor said and held Bridget’s withering face between his cold hands to keep her still. The pain was obvious on her face.

“Can’t we save her?” Emmett asked desperately.
“Not if we take her to the hospital, Em,” Edward said sadly. He had heard her thoughts; he knew what she wanted. “She did this on purpose, she wants to be changed.”
Rose stood hunched over herself beside Emmett; she felt like crying but only soundless sobs left her mouth. “We can’t let her die.”
Emmett stroked his wife’s cheek and battled with himself. “I’ll change her right after Carlisle gives her the morphine.”

Jacob had switched place with Carlisle and stood staring down at his sister-in-law, his best friend and couldn’t help but picture Bella lying in the exact same position for the exact same reason – she was dying for her children. A tear dripped from his cheek and landed on Bridget’s face right below her eye.

She managed to gaze up at him through her tears and mouthed the words; ‘I’m sorry.’
“Just keep your heart beating little Bee.”

Carlisle was at her side again and was just about to inject the medication when Bridget raised her hand to stop him.
“No morphine,” She said breathlessly through gritted teeth. “Just bite me.”
Carlisle sighed and stepped away; he didn’t want to deny her wish. “Rose, Emmett,” He gestured towards Bridget’s red body; Edward was still standing over her; he was the one with best self-control after Carlisle.

Rosalie closed her eyes for a second before she stepped forward. She gazed up at Jacob. “Please go Jake, you don’t have to witness this again,” She said sorely; she knew how he had struggled after what happened with Bella.
Jacob nodded before he left the room.

“Remove your hands Edward,” Emmett instructed and stood beside Rose.
Edward did as he was told and Emmett ripped what was left of Bridget’s ruined and bloodstained top of to reveal how badly she had stabbed herself. Rosalie did the same to her jeans.

Rose did the first bite; she bit Bridget directly over her heart – they didn’t have time for a metal syringes now. Bridget screamed out in pain before she fell completely silent except her twitching body.

What they hadn’t predicted was Rosalie losing control. She hadn’t tasted human blood for nineteen years and the warm sensation was too much for her to handle and her eyes rolled back in her head in pleasure.

Edward noticed first and jumped over the table. He pulled her away; and again as the last time she didn’t fight. She hunched back against Edward’s chest and let him pull her away.

Emmett looked over his shoulder at Rose before he gave Carlisle a pleading look.
“She wanted her parents to change her; it’s only you left now, my son,” Carlisle said as he started giving Bridget heart compression to pump the venom around in her system. “The more venom her blood stream has the faster her pain will go away. You can do it Emmett, she has faith in you.”

Emmett kissed Bridget’s forehead before he bit into the soft flesh on her neck; he licked over the wound before he repeated the procedure on her wrists, thighs and on her anklets.
“It’s enough,” Carlisle said and put a hand on Emmett’s shoulder.
Emmett nodded and stared down at Bridget’s distorted face.

Rose came back in with a blanket she covered Bridget’s harmed body with.
“I’m so sorry, Emmett,” She said and buried her face in his broad chest.
“It’s okay, Rose,” He said and kissed the top of her head as he kept staring at Bridget’s face, waiting for her screams to start – he could only imagine the pain she was experiencing. “Bri will be okay,” he said and shot Carlisle – who was still making Bridget’s heart pump the blood and venom around.

Carlisle nodded at him. “Now only the waiting is left.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What'ca think? And haven't I gotten good at updating? :)

Thank you to
The Infamous Pixie
and
already insane
I really appreciate your comments :)

Comment and Subscribe!

~ BreeVixen