Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Running.

The fire was consuming her, inch by inch, from her toes to the top of her head. They all knew it as they were gathered around her. But still, no scream escaped her pale lips. Nessie held her hand the whole time, she had it the worst. Everybody had witnessed a transformation before except her and it was terrifying.

Bridget had been burning for two whole days and her body had already visibly changed. Her skin was whiter and harder to the touch; her hair had grown a few inches and was glowing gold. Her facial traits had become more prominent, more inhumanly beautiful.

“It’s only a few hours left, now,” Alice said loudly on command from Bella.
“Did you hear that, Bri?” Nessie asked with a soft smile – but looked herself over her shoulder when she heard Jacob leave – and brushed her fingers over Bridget’s cheekbone, “Only a few hours, two at the tops, until we can go hunt together.”

“Nessie, maybe you should leave with Jacob?” Carlisle suggested with a hand on her shoulder, “Bridget will be very thirsty and the smell of you – and Jacob – will only make it harder.”
“No, she won’t hurt me,” Renesmee said persistently.
“Of course she won’t,” Jasper said from the back of the room, “But you want to make it easier for her, right?”

Nessie sighed, kissed Bridget’s forehead and left the room telling the other vampires that she wanted to be told the exact reaction Bridget had when she woke.

Bridget heart pumped faster and faster, she felt like it would explode out of her chest any second, but it was irrelevant when all she felt was the burning fire. She wanted to open her mouth and let out all her feelings, but she deserved to suffer, on one had she wished the fire to stop but on the other hand she wanted it to keep on forever so she wouldn’t have to wake up.

She was beyond fighting, she had given up on surviving the second the knife had gone through her abdomen. Bridget didn’t find anything to cling onto. No hope at all because she knew that the second she opened her eyes she wouldn’t be herself anymore and she wouldn’t have anyone. She would be all alone, and that was the way it had to be.

She felt the fire subside from her fingers and toes, but the fire in her heart held no change, no evidence of ever stopping. Without no warning she went numb. She no longer felt the burning; she went into the black nothingness whom she welcomed with open arms. It removed the hurt face of her lover, the pure faces of her children, and the concerned faces of her family. It was nothing and it was the best she had felt for a long time.

^^^

“She should have woken up by now,” Alice mumbled and rubbed her hands against her temples.
“Carlisle, what is going on?” Rosalie asked desperately.
Bridget’s heart had stopped, but the blond girl hadn’t moved a limb or opened her eyes.
Carlisle ran his hands through his hair with a stressed expression.
“Maybe her injuries were too severe,” Emmett said sadly before Carlisle could answer.

“No, the venom saved both Esme and Bella,” Carlisle said determinedly.
“Just give her some time,” Edward said and kept searching Bridget’s mind for anything, anything at all.
“Embry is on his way,” Jacob said and stuck his head through the door opening. “I just called him.”

That was the thing she needed, a reminder of why she had done what she had done. Bridget opened her eyes slowly, but they went wide as she gasped. Everything was changed. She sat up and looked around the room, at everybody. She wanted to keep staring in the daze she was in but she quickly got a grip and concentrated on what made her wake.

“What have you done?” She hissed at the russet colored man in the door. But she clamped her hand over her mouth, the hiss had been unexpected.
Jacob stared at the new born vampire with wide eyes; he hadn’t expected to get such a strong reaction from her. “I called Embry.”

Bridget was right in his face in less than a second and glared fiercely at him with blood red eyes. She ignored the arms that pulled at her; they felt like nothing against her strength. “Leave before I rip your head off, Jacob, make him turn back home.”
“But-“
“Jacob!” Edward barked at him sternly as he held onto Bridget tighter. He knew she was very capable of her threat.

“Let go of me!” her voice chimed loudly.
The hands left her.
“Bri,” Rosalie stepped forward and cupped her daughters face to make her focus, “Are you feeling alright?”
Bridget only stared at her with wide eyes. Inside her feelings of fear, anger, desperation roared but she was cold on the outside, emotionless.
“Let’s go hunting,” Emmett suggested with a smile and took a hold of her hand.

“No,” she said slowly and stared at the loving faces of her parents, “I’m leaving.”
“Bridget!” Rosalie exclaimed startled. “You can’t leave now, you have to learn how to control your thirst.”
“My thirst is fabulous, thanks for mention it,” She mumbled and stepped away from them, towards the door. She managed to suppress the fire in her throat, it was just a piece of cake compared to what she’d just been through.
“You can’t suppress it for long,” Edward told her.
“Just until I get away,” She said grimly.

Bridget flew down the stairs in a blur, but she stopped dead in her tracks when she felt the pulsing of a heart, a person that smelled way better than a shape-shifter.
“Nessie,” Bridget breathed and spotted Nessie in the far corner of the front room.
“Are you leaving me Bridget?” She asked with tear brimmed eyes and walked right up to the blood thirsty baby vamp ignoring the protest from Jacob.

Bridget had her thirst under control in a second, “Stop crying, loch Ness, your tears can’t stop me.”
Nessie wiped away her tears with the back of her hands. “I thought we would stay together forever.”
“We were, but then things changed.”
“Don’t do this,” Nessie begged, “You can sort things out with Embry, everything will go back to normal.”

“No it won’t!” She raised her voice again. “It can’t because everything changed.”
“Embry is still coming,” Jacob informed her. “He refused to return home. He’ll be here later.”
Bridget threw her head back in frustration.

“She’ll have to hunt soon before she loses control,” Bridget heard Jasper say.
It made her regain control. “I’m sorry, I love you, I don’t know when I’ll be back.”

She opened the front door and was immediately stunned by the sun rays hitting her skin. She saw everybody take a step after her. It made her turn around and stare at each of them for a long second. “Do not follow me, do not search for me, and do not try to stop me.”

With that she disappeared into the forest, running away from her family, leaving the old her behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O! :D!
Bridget.

I expect many new comments,
Five at least :)

Comment and Subscribe!


~ BreeVixen