Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Hijacked.

“What now?” Becca wondered. She sat cross legged on the ground next to Bridget.
“I’m leaving,” Bridget said in a strong voice. “I have more things to do before I can start living forever.”
“I’ll come with you,” Becca said eagerly and rose. She extended her hand towards Bridget and pulled her up.
“You don’t even know where I’m going.”

“I don’t care. I’m tired of staying at the same place,” She answered stubbornly.
“Naheul?”
Becca fell silent under the name of her friend. “He’ll be good without me.”
“Becca, I can’t let you fight my war,” Bridget said softly and brushed her fingers carefully over Becca’s cheek.

“I’m not fighting it for you, but with you. Bridget, you are my best friend and I can’t even start to comprehend the loss and transformation you’ve been thorough. So just please, let me help you. I’m sure invisibility will be useful no matter where you’re going.”

It would have been so easy to use her compulsive gift, but Bridget couldn’t bring herself to do that as she stared into Becca’s dark and pleading eyes.
“The Volturi,” She simply said.
“The Volturi,” Becca replied and a smile crept onto her lips.

^^^

They didn’t dare go back to Zafrina and the others. Becca felt horrible for just leaving without any warning but she had no intention of leaving forever. She would come back eventually, just like Bridget,

Bridget hadn’t thought further than Amazonas. She hadn’t thought about getting across the ocean till Europe. Swim? Just the thought of not feeding for so many hours made her cringe. Sit in a plane seat next to an overweight man with a hard working, loudly beating heart? Not possible either.

Becca had the solution and shared her idea of long distance traveling with Bridget. Sneaking into the trunk of the airplane was much cheaper and safer than buying an actual plane ticket and no problem at all, when you could turn invisible and sneak past the luggage men.

The two girls would sneak into the first plane that could take them to Europe and they got comfy on some expensive looking Louis Vuitton suitcases. Becca was singing a song in Portuguese Naheul had thought her. Bridget didn’t bother to ask her what it meant; she was too busy feeling how thirsty she was getting. She hadn’t noticed the way her eyes had traveled to Becca’s neck until Becca snapped her fingers in front of her face.

“Stop staring at my neck, Bri,” She scolded.
Bridget covered her face with her hands. “I’m sorry, I can’t help it. I’m just so thirsty.”
“Do I have to hide from you or can you handle?” Becca asked.
“I don’t really have a choice, do I?” her voice was full of distress.
“Hey, look at me;” Becca said and moved closer, “I have faith in you.”
Bridget barley smiled.
“Wait a second,” she disappeared.

She rematerialized in the front of the plane and waved at Bridget. “Come here. I know it isn’t nearly as tempting as me, but here are a couple of cats and dogs.”
“I’ll guess that will help some.”

Bridget made her way over till Becca and broke open the steel cages. It pained her to snap the neck of the cute animals, but she was sure the pet owners would have been grateful it was their dog who was killed and not their self if they knew what Bridget was.

“Where was it the plane goes?” Bridget asked Becca after she had cleaned her face with a makeup wipe she had found in one of the Louis Vuitton suitcases and changed into a dress she had found in the same suitcase.
“Um…” Becca wasn’t really sure herself. “London, maybe?”

Bridget sighed. “That is too far away.”
“What? Do you want to hijack the plane?”
“Do you know how to fly it?” Bridget asked and couldn’t help but laugh. “But I have a better idea.”

Becca felt doubtful about Bridget plan, which included breaking their way up till the passenger cabin, but she didn’t word her worries,

They were invisible but Bridget was grateful she had drained the pets before she went up to the passengers. It was hard to just walk past them, to let their hearts keep beating, leaving them alive. Bridget had to keep her mind focused and kept walking straight ahead, dragging Becca behind her, holding her hand tightly.

A stewardess sat outside the cockpit was reading some fancy magazine. Bridget let go of Becca’s hand.
“Excuse me,” she said politely.
The woman looked up at her with an expression showing nothing else than shock. “What are you doing here, miss, you have to stay in your seat with your seat belt on.”
Bridget smiled falsely at her. “Open the door,” She said and stared her down, motioning to the cockpit door.
“Of course,” the stewardess said monotonously and quickly opened the door.

Bridget waved her hand behind her forcing Becca to follow. The captain was chatting with the co-captain and didn’t notice Bridget as she made her way into the small room.
She put her hand on his shoulder and leaned down close to his ear – the captain jumped in surprise. “I have some questions for you.”
“Y-you can’t disturb the captain,” he stuttered and stared into her breathtaking face.

Bridget ignored his statement. “Is there any chance you could land in Italy? Florence to be exact.”
He shook his head slowly and stared straight ahead. “We are landing at Heathrow.”
“I know that,” she rolled her eyes. “But the plane has fuel enough to fly to Florence, right?”
“Ye-yes,” he said and turned to the co-captain, surprised he hadn’t interfered, but it looked like something was covering his mouth, something invisible was pressing the skin on his cheeks and chin.

“Then look at me,” Bridget said and waited for the middle-aged man to focus on her again. “I suggest you change the course till Florence, I think that is the best for you, and the rest of the passengers. It would be a shame to land in London with a plane filled with corpses.”
He swallowed the lump in his throat. “What are you?”

“You are not allowed to ask me questions!” She raised her voice a little, struggling to keep her focus on his face, and not the way his heart beat faster and the delicious scent radiating off him. “Now I ask you again, were are this plane landing?”
“Heathrow,” He said and closed his eyes.
Bridget eyes widened. Had her power disappeared? She placed her hands on both sides of his face and stared deep into his brown orbs.

“You decided it would be best to land in Florence, remember, you needed a small break from your usual route, right?”
“Yes, I have never been in Florence,” his pupils dilated as he spoke.
“It’s a lovely city, you’ll like it there,” Bridget said with a smile and stroked her palm over his warm forehead, calming him down.
“Yes I will,” he said and started pressing buttons.

Bridget then turned to the co-captain, pushing Becca’s invisible hand away.
“You’ll do exactly like he says, because he is the captain,” Her face was only inches away from his.
“Of course I will, because he is the captain.”

Becca took a hold of Bridget’s hand before they ran faster than any human back to the hole that led to the trunk. Becca fell to the ground clutching her stomach as she no longer managed to hold back her bubbling laughter.
“You power is sick cool, Bri,” She said in between her fit of laughter. “Sick cool! You can get whatever you want! The Volturi will fall at your feet! I mean; you just hijacked an airplane!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to Becca :D Love you girly !

I'll update when I have five new comments :)

Comment and Subscribe!


~ BreeVixen