Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Monster.

The Volturi will fall at your feet!

Becca’s words echoed through Bri’s mind as they quickly made their way of the plane. It had landed in Florence, causing major chaos breaking out in the plane. Becca’s invisibility shield got them away safely, and Bridget gave her weaker friend a piggy-back ride as they took off for the run to Volterra.

“We’ll enter as invisible,” Bridget started plotting. “Sneak by the guards. You will be invisible the whole time, Becca; Aro is not going to know anything about you. But you’ll have to stay on my back and turn me invisible at first sign of trouble.”
“Of course,” Becca said; her tone a little sad before she let out a giggle. “They will be terrified of you, thinking you have the power to control minds as well invisibility. But promise me you won’t join them.”

“I won’t,” she said softly. “I’m just going to show them I’m turned, so they won’t go to Forks and…” she trailed off. “I’ll use my power to make sure they never will get close to my… family... again.”
“And then we both will return to where we belong,” Becca said.
Bridget didn’t answer.

^^^

The sun was shining brightly inside the walls surrounding Volterra. It looked like a million tiny diamonds were attached to Bridget’s skin, but she was too busy finding the way to take any notice off it. She tried to remember everything Alice, Bella and Edward had told her from the time they were here.

They found the steer entrance and entered the cool reception hall. Bridget half expected to see the woman, Gianna, Bella had described for her, but in her place sat a younger girl, not looking to be any older than Bridget. She was reading a magazine, but looked up in confusion when the door opened and no one entered.

She went back to the Italian magazine and Bridget wondered what had happened to Gianna.

“When I say now, you have to remove the shield Becca. But when I lift my hand to touch my hair, you’ll put it back.”
Becca nodded behind her. “Be careful, Bri.”
“I’ll be fine, but don’t you dare reveal yourself.”

Bridget stepped into the waiting elevator and was taken under the ground. It pinged and the doors opened to a dark hall – which was no problem for Bridget’s sharp sight. They heard talking, but it was in Italian, a language none of the girls knew. The words got clearer as they neared the big, double wooden doors.

“Ready?” Bridget questioned her companion and took a deep breath before she pushed the doors open. “Now!” she practically yelled as she stepped into the bright room.

All eyes were on her, and Bridget quickly let her eyes dart around the room before she focused on her target. Aro sat on his throne, looking like he’d seen a ghost. The room felt deathly silent.

Without any sign of warning, a big guard grabbed onto Bridget’s arm, but she easily threw him off with a hiss. She glared at him before she again turned to Aro.
“Don’t you know to control your pets, Aro?” her voice was venom filled.

Aro was quick to compose himself and lifted his hand to stop Demetri. He rose from his throne and walked forward till Bridget, his shield following him as Becca was attached to Bridget’s back.

“Bridget Cullen, what a pleasant surprise!” he said in a over animated voice and reached his hand out for her.
Bridget shook her head. “I’m not here to let you touch my hand, Aro,” she said coldly.

“Ah,” he said and turned to Marcus and Caius. “My brothers, do you recognize this persistence from somewhere?” He asked them before he turned back to Bridget. “As stubborn as her uncle, as wise as her… I suppose Carlisle would be your grandfather,” he chuckled.

Bridget’s glare intensified. “You’re not allowed to talk about them.”
A hiss escaped Caius’ lips as he flowed forward. “Who are you to dominion us?”
A smirk adorned her lips as she spoke. “I could easily become your worst nightmare, Caius.”
He laughed loudly at her face. “Child, you don’t know a thing about our worlds.”

Bridget narrowed her eyes at him. “Go sit in that corner and suck your thumb, Caius.”
His eyes widened as he walked backwards to the far wall. He sat against it with his knees tucked against his chest and thumb in mouth.
“What on earth are you doing, Caius?” Marcus asked in a hoarse voice; as if it was the first time he spoke for years.

Caius continued to suck his thumb. Silent laughter was heard around the room.
“Silence!” Aro snapped, but composed his voice as he spoke to Bridget. “Would you mind me asking if you got any powers, dear?”
Bridget shrugged and stared at Caius with amusement. “What can I say; I’m used to do things my way.”

Bridget let out a wail of anguish as pain worse than the fire captured her. She then fell limply to the ground, not seeing anything, not hearing anything, not feeling anything.

She gasped for air as she got her sight back and carefully got to her feet, being terrified to feel the killing pain again.
“Its okay, Bri,” Becca said in a hushed voice and brushed her fingers across Bridget’s neck. “They can’t reach you behind my shield.”
Bridget exhaled. “Thanks, Becca, I didn’t put the witches into my calculations.”
Becca chuckled. “No plan can be perfect.”

Bridget searched for Jane and found her standing next a pillar with an infuriated look in her eyes.
“Bridget!” Aro called out. “Show yourself, we won’t hurt you.”

Bridget knew he was lying and tripped him quickly before making her way over till Jane.
“Now Becca,” Bridget said quietly and again she held all the attention. “Don’t,” she said to Jane. “Don’t you ever use your gift of torture on anyone ever again, you sick little witch,” it left her lips in a hiss.
Jane stared at her wide eyed, feeling defeated for the first time since she met Bella.

“And you,” Bridget turned to Alec. “How dare you do that to anyone? Cut someone’s senses off. No,” she shook her head at him. “You won’t either do something that horrible to anyone again.
“Bridget,” Aro said from behind her, making her turn around. “What are you doing?”

“Can’t you see, Aro?” she asked him, “I’m stealing all your power. Your gift may be the worst. How would you have felt; what would you have done if you had no thoughts to yourself? But tell me, how does it feel to lose power over the only life you know?”

Aro was speechless, but Bridget continued.

“You stole my life!” Bridget cried out, and tears would have run from her angry eyes if it was possible. “You made me desperate to protect the ones I love, so desperate that I grabbed a knife and thrust it through myself, giving my beloved family no other choice than to turn me into this monster I am now. You fucking stole my life, Aro, you stole my family from me, you stole my personality, my heartbeats and my flushed cheeks, leaving me empty.”

“I’ve just done the things necessary to protect our world,” Aro said in a voice filled with false care.
“Then why didn’t you just kill me eighteen years ago? No,” she shook her head. “No, that wouldn’t have given me the chance to do this, to break you and your power. You’ve already lost the trust from most of the immortal world, but they still fear you; I don’t. You’re just a weak and scared rat, Aro.”

Everybody in the room could hear the truth from her words; they all knew she was serious, and they all feared her; not knowing exactly what her power was. Becca was clinging to her back, sobbing furiously at hearing her friend’s words.

“Now you better listen closely,” Bridget said and stepped closer to him. “You will never read anyone’s mind without their consent. You will never order your guard, nor will you allow them or yourself to punish those who have done nothing wrong. You will not keep your guards prisoner; those who want to leave you, will leave you,” she took a deep breath. “But most importantly, Aro, you will never harm or step close to anyone who bears the names Cullen, Hale, Black or Call, nor those who are them close.”

Aro’s wide eyes made her realize what kind of power she self bore, and she promised herself that never, after she left Volterra, would she steal anyone’s will again.

“Do you understand, Aro?” she asked him.
Aro nodded slowly. “I will never harm anyone ever again; I’m a weak and scared rat.”
Bridget couldn’t help but smile. She then walked around the room, repeating the speech to everybody, making sure they all understood her.
“I hope I never hear from you again, Aro,” Bridget said and lifted her hand to her long blond hair.

Bridget disappeared under Becca’s shield and they walked silently side by side out of the vampire castle, holding hands. Becca was still crying, but without a sound and she stared up at the powerful vampire next to her with awe and pride.

You just saved us all, Bridget,” Becca whispered at last.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of my favorite chapters so far :) Please comment and tell me what you think!

I'll update when I have five new comments !

Comment and Subscribe!

~ BreeVixen