Status: Active

Misguided Ghost

Missed.

[ten years later ]

Bridget stayed in Seattle for two weeks before she gained enough courage. She was unsure how to proceed. She was unsure what was waiting for her.

Bridget ran through the forest. She picked up the scent of her family even miles away from the house. The brief memory from her first minutes as a vampire.

She was taken aback my an unfamiliar sound. A heavy beating heart just a few kilometers away. Bridget ran towards it. She spotted a small russet wolf in a clearing eating something that was once a deer. The wolf glanced up at her and froze, before it let out an earsplitting howl and ran into the trees.

Seconds later a young girl, in her early teens, walked back. She had black hair and pale skin, eyes the color of chocolate.

Bridget's eyes widened as she saw the girl; a replica of her Nessie.

"You are Bridget!" the girl whispered and walked towards her. "I'm Sarah, Sarah Bri Black. Your niece."

Bridget didn't find her words. Her eyes were pricking. She felt like crying.

"I never thought you'd be back!" Sarah continued.

"How old are?" Bridget asked. No longer surprised over her steady voice; it had been years since it had stammered or been uncertain.

"I'm ten!" she smiled.

"Sarah! We heard your howl!" Bridget heard Jacob's familiar voice and stepped backwards.

"Daddy, mom, it's Bridget!" Sarah said just as Jacob and Nessie came into the clearing.

Nessie froze and Bridget saw the tears well up in her eyes.

Jacob strode towards her and put his hands on her shoulder. Bridget looked up into his still young face.

"You still look like you," Bridget whispered to him.

"Damn you, Bridget!" he said and frowned, but his eyes were glistening with tears. "You still look like you too," he wiped his cheek before he pulled her into a hug that would once crush her bones.

His skin was burning against hers, but it held a bit of familiarity.

Bridget stepped away from him and gazed towards Nessie with a loving gaze. "I've missed you, Loch Ness."

"Don't call me that," Nessie shot back at her.

"Nessie, I'm sorry." Bridget tried to hug her.

"No! Don't come back here and say you are sorry! You left me! You missed my wedding! You missed me giving birth! You know; I nearly died!" Nessie glared at her.

"I- I know."

"And you missed your own kids growing up, you let them grow up without a mother. You caused your parents years of sadness. You left Embry, and you've broken his heart every day since, by not returning."

"I'm back now," Bridget tried, but she now Nessie had all the right to hate her.

"Yeah, but for how long? You'll just find another silly excuse to leave again."

"No, Nessie, I'm back," Bridget held her face in her hands and stared into her brown eyes. "I'm not leaving again, ever."

"Are you sure?" Nessie whispered, her anger subsiding.

Bridget nodded and Nessie's legs gave away and Bridget swept her into her arms in a tight hug.

~~~

Jacob, Nessie and Sarah brought Bridget back to the family. To say they were shocked ere and understatement. There were a lot of scolding, a lot of sobbing and a lot of catching up.

They told her about Sarah; she'd started transforming into a wolf even before Nessie had given birth. She aged fast, but not as fast as Nessie had. She was more less human, and more a mix of shape-shifter/vampire.

~~~

It had gotten dark outside before her father asked her the question they all had been wondering. "Are you going to La Push?"

Bridget shook her shoulders. "I'm not sure. I don't want to complicate things for them," she paused. "Is he even still shifting?"

Rosalie gave her a sad smile. "Of course he is. He is still waiting for you."

Bridget put her head in her hands. "And his kids?" she had difficulties calling them her own.

Sarah perked up. "Will is shifting! He's in the pack; I'm kind of part of it too, I can tune their minds in and out. Lily is changing soon, she has all the symptoms."

"Take it easy, darling," Edward put a hand on her shoulder. "It is a lot for Bri to process."

"I'm okay," She paused. They all stared at her. "Stop staring at me as if I'm a freak show," she tried to joke.

"So, how have you been?" Carlisle asked her with a kind smile.

"Horrible," she sighed. "I've been mostly in Ireland, I stayed with a vampire called Arthur Turner; he kept me in place. I've never killed a human. But he was sick of seeing me getting more and more depressed, he sent me home."

"I'm glad he did!" Emmett said and put his arm around his little girl. "Now, I'm still waiting for our first father and daughter hunting trip."

Bridget loved him for being normal, them all. But she was restless. "We have all eternity to catch up, now I think I want to go to La Push. Can I see a picture of them?"

Esme found an family album and Bridget got to see pictures off all three kids growing up. She hadn't felt like crying this much in years.

"Please don't tell them I'm back yet..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, wow. Did not see this coming; me updating again and stuff. Just re read the whole thing and couldn't help myself. Not sure how the continuity is , but well. I hope I'll end it all in one more chapter :)

Soo, funny if someone reads this!

~ BreeVixen