Status: Finished February 9

Don't Look Away Because Dreams Only Last for a Night

Shameless

Alex

I got back and it was around two in the morning. I was on a high and I didn’t want to be brought down. I tip toed in, but then there was a squeak in the floor and a light flicked on. I looked up to be face-to-face with Jack’s uncle.

“Alex, it’s only you,” he said sighing a sigh of relief.

“Uh yeah, sorry to wake you” I said as I continued to walk away.

“Alex wait” he said as I turned around to face him. “Uhm your dad called. I think he’s looking for you” my eyes widened and I swallowed the lump in my throat. “I told him you weren’t here. I know how he treated you guys,” he said and he was right, he knew everything.

Jack used to be babysat by his uncle when his parents worked so much, and his older brother cared more about school and his friends then his brother. His older sister would do the same. I’d go over after school with him and I’d vent. His uncle heard all of my stories, that’s how he knew.

“Yeah” I said as I turned and went down to the basement.

“Alex” he called one more time. I looked at him again. “Sorry, but if you want to be alone, you can stay in the spare bedroom. I’m not sure Jack is up there or not, but you can check,” he said as I nodded. “Good night”

“Good night” I said as I went up the stairs. I looked into the spare bedroom, and sure enough there was Jack in the bed sleeping. I didn’t feel like waking him up so I sat on the bed and tears came to my eyes. My dad never cared about me before, why does he care now? I thought as I sniffled. So much for not being brought down. I’ve gone from being so high to so low in a matter of minutes. I buried my head in the pillow as I cried. This stuff never affected me before, now I was a sucker and I cried every time.

“Alex?” I heard as I removed the pillow from my face. I looked over at Jack as he looked at me. “Alex what’s wrong?” he then asked as he moved over towards me.

“This st-stuff does-doesn’t u-u-usually b-b-bother m-me” I cried as I put my head on Jack’s shoulder.

“It’s ok, does this have anything to do with Jasey?” he asked.

“Just a little” I said as I sniffled again. “This is more about my dad this time”

“What now?” he asked. Jack was my comforter, he has helped me through all of this, and it was no surprise to him that my dad was coming after me. What surprised him was how I was acting.

“He called here, he’s trying to find me, he’s never cared before, now why?” I cried as Jack hugged me.

“Everything will be ok,” he kept repeating until I fell asleep.

*********

I woke up and I wanted to visit Jasey. I wanted to see if what I was thinking was true.

Jack’s arms were still around me. It looked like he was protecting me, my little brother protecting me. When I met him when I was seven at school, he used to copy everything I did, he thought the way people did things in England was funny, so he would copy me, and he still to this day does. Not as extreme as before, but he still does. But it’s ok, he looks up to me, what can I say I’m his older brother in a way. We consider each other best friends, but we know there is special bond between us.

I moved out of his grasp, took a shower and I texted Jasey. She replied with: K. I’ll meet you in 10 minutes.

I went to the basement where Rian and Zack were just getting up.

“Morning” I said as Rian looked at me.

“Morning” he said as I picked up my beanie that I left on the couch.

“I’ll see you guys in a couple hours” I waved as they just looked into space.

I made my way to the coffee shop and she walked like she owned the place. I just shook my head at what I saw.

“Hi” I said not really sure how to say what I wanted to say.

“Hey” she smiled as she kissed me. “I had fun last night”

“Yeah, me too” I wasn’t going to lie I did have fun. But something clicked last night, that maybe she was just being a whore because her husband divorced her.

“I just wanted to talk, if that’s ok?” I asked as we sat down.

“Sure”

“Well you have a kid, and no husband?” I asked as she nodded. “Why did your husband leave?” I asked.

“Well he found out I cheated on him… with you”

“Then why did you call me?”

“Because Alex, I really like you, you treat me way better than my husband ever did”

“Well geez Jasey, you’re using me and him no wonder he left you, he did a good thing. I think I should do the same”

“Wait! Alex no, it’s not like that. I love you”

“And how do I know that there isn’t someone else right now?”

“Because I love you,” she cried as she got up.

“And when did you figure that out? When you found out I was home after tour?” I asked annoyed now.

“I realized after you left. My husband was confused as to why I was depressed, then it all came out during therapy”

“And you don’t feel shameful for that? Oh right, you’re shameless, I forgot” I said as I got up.

“Alex, please” she cried as her phoned started to ring.

“Save it Jasey. I’ve had enough of your games. I’m out” I called as I began to walk out of the shop.

“Alex” she cried as she ran after me, holding on my arm as her phone still rang.

“Hello?” she asked annoyed as a male voice asked something I could make out. “Not right now Ricky” she screamed.

“Babe what’s wrong?” I heard on the other line. That’s when I pushed Jasey off of my arm, disgusted by her. “Is someone fighting you?” he asked again. “I’ll come down and beat his ass, no one touches my boo” he said as I took off as she closed her phone.

“Alex” she cried.

“Don’t bother calling,” I yelled as I threw my phone into the trees.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter. Especially between Jack and Alex. I wanted them to have a really good relationship with each other. :D
And I saw how much everyone hated Jasey, I started to hate her too, so I got rid of her :)
P.S I saw All Time Low live a week ago, it was amazing! :D

Shameless By: All Time Low
P.P.S I thought I'd share this :D
Alex Gaskarth Sing Jumper with Third Eye Blind I took this video last week :)