Status: Finished February 9

Don't Look Away Because Dreams Only Last for a Night

One Way Or Another

Kate

Dad went out to look for Alex again. I felt bad for Alex. Dad wouldn’t give up looking for him. He even called Jack’s uncle.

Since dad was out I was meeting Zack. I walked out to the park outside my house and I sat on the swing and I waited for Zack. I waited for what seemed like forever, but then I saw him making his way to the park.

“Hey” I said as I looked up at him.

“Hi” he said as he sat on the swing beside me.

“You’re late” I stated as he looked at me.

“I know,” he laughed. “We were playing cops and robbers” I smirked.

“Cops and robbers?”

“Yeah” he laughed.

“Well its good to know you were having fun,” I said as he nodded.

“I was and I left half way threw because of your dad”

“My dad?”

“He was at Jack’s uncle’s house,” he said as I thought about it.

“Is that were you guys hide out?”

“Nah, we were just playing in that area, we’re just visiting for the day,” he said. Either he was telling the truth, or he was really good at lying.

“Well I’ll find out where you guys are hiding out one way or another,” I said as he raised his eyebrows. “What?”

“I don’t believe you will go through all that trouble to find us”

“You wanna bet?” I asked jumping off the swing to face him.

“Wow, you are serious,” he said putting his hands up in defense.

“Yeah, I am” I said as he got off the swing to face me, making him taller than me.

“Do you want to see Alex that bad?”

“I feel bad for him, my dad’s going apeshit just to find him”

“I’ve heard” he said as I nodded.

“I don’t care if he doesn’t want to see me, I want to see him,” I said as my dad parked his car in the driveway.

“Shit!” I whispered.

“What is it?” Zack whispered back.

“My dad” I whispered as I ducked behind the slide, pulling Zack down by his arm. “We have to move”

“Move? Move where?”

“I don’t know, away from here. My dad is going to know I’m not at home,” I said as Zack nodded.

“Very true” he said. “Is he gone?”

“I don’t know and I’m too nervous to look and see,” I said as I leaned against the slide.

“I’ll look,” he said as he got up and looked.

“What do you see?” I asked. He didn’t answer. “Zack?” I questioned scared. What the hell was it? I wasn’t going to look in fear of my father.

“Your dad is staring at me,” he whispered as kept staring. “We gotta go, your dad just made a break for it”

“What?” I asked scared.

“We have to go, your dad is going to come after us,” he yelled as he took my hand and led me towards the street.

“Kate! Kate!” I could hear my dad yell as he started to approach us.

“I think we have to move faster,” I said as we ran. As soon as we started running my dad stopped. We though we were safe so we stopped and hid by a tree. Then I could see dad driving in his car.

“Shit” I whispered as I hit Zack’s arm. “He’s in the car”

“Let’s go to my house. Your dad doesn’t know where that is”

“True, let’s go” I said as Zack took me on his back.

“Zack” I laughed as we arrived at his house.

“I just hope my parents aren’t home”

“Why is that?” I asked.

“They don’t know I ran away,” he said as he unlocked the door to no one home. “Sweet they aren’t home, hopefully they don’t come home soon”

“I’ll cross my fingers” I said as he laughed.

“Food?”

“Sure, what do you have?” I asked as I jumped on his back.

“Anything and everything” he said as I laughed. “So I guess now isn’t a good time to tell you Alex has a new girlfriend”

“What?” I asked choking on my food.

“Yeah, I thought I should tell you. Her name’s Sarah and she’s super nice. She even played cops and robbers with us!”

“Sounds like a keeper” I laughed.

“I hope she is. Alex needs someone to keep him in check other than us”

“That used to be me” I said a little jealous that some new girl could just take my job just with the blink of her pretty eyelashes. Boys! They had crazy ways. I thought as Zack took me out of my thoughts.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to bring it up like that,” he said as we ate.

“Do you really think my dad has stopped looking for me?” I asked not really expecting Zack to answer.

“I hope not…” he trailed off as he looked outside.

“What? What is it?” I ask frantically scared that it was my dad.

“My parents, we have to go,” he said as he took me by the arm and led me out the back door. “Come this way,” he said as he helped me climb the fence, as he jumped after me. “Sorry, they can’t know” he said as I looked him in the eyes and just laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just thought I'd put this out there because it's kinda funny :P
Well my 88 year old grandpa read the end of this chapter, that's what makes this chapter awesome :P He wanted to read how I wrote so he took my notebook :P
Gotta love my family :P :D

One Way Or Another By: Kate Voegele