Status: Finished February 9

Don't Look Away Because Dreams Only Last for a Night

Only Fooling Myself

Kate

I was back at home again. Dad was home as well. He hasn’t gotten to ask me where I was going, but I knew it was coming.

I heard a slam as I looked out the window to see dad leaving, so much for asking me where I went. I thought as I called Zack.

“Hey, you’ve reached Zack, but I’m not here, so, uh, leave a message. I’ll get back to you” the voice mail on his phone was all I got. I didn’t leave a message; I’d just call him later.

So instead I went to the park. As I opened the front door I saw Alex standing right in front.

“Alex” I called. But the figure didn’t move. Maybe I was hallucinating. I’d been thinking about Alex a lot in the last couple weeks, maybe that’s what it was.

But when I looked up, he was still there. I walked out towards him, and then he disappeared.

“What I thought,” I said out loud.

“Thought what?”

“Zack” I said as I looked up and hugged him.

“You were thinking about me?”

“Well, yes, but I just saw Alex” I said sounding stupid.

“What? Where?” he asked looking around.

“Well, I think I might have just seen it in my mind” I said embarrassed.

“Like a hallucination?”

“Yeah” I said as he took my hand.

“I know you miss him. But he’s ok”

“You promise?”

“Yes, I promise you he is ok” he smiled.

“Ok, I think I can believe you” I said as we went back to my house.

“You think you can?” he asked shocked.

“Yup. I just think” I smiled as he laughed, making me laugh.

“Are you going to answer the phone?” Zack asked as I answered, just for him.

“Hello”

“Hi, is Kate Gaskarth home by any chance?”

“You’re talking to her” I said confused.

“Oh, hi. My name is James Dean, and I’m from MySpace Records, and I just have to say the demos you sent us are incredible”

“Demos?” I asked totally confused to how this guy has my demos.

“Yes, I was wondering if you’d like to fly to Chicago to maybe record some stuff” he said as I tried to process all of this.

“Uh, when would I be going to Chicago?”

“As soon as possible really, we have room for you here now” he said as I nodded.

“Ok, can I get your number so I can call you back?”

“Sure thing” he said as he gave me his number. “I hope to hear from you soon” he said as he hung up.

“What was that about?” Zack asked.

“MySpace Records wants me to record, but how did they get my demos?”

“That’s great,” he said as he hugged me. “But I have to tell you something”

“What is it?” I asked concerned.

“I sent those demos”

“Wha-“

“People need to hear you Kate. I don’t care what you have to say, but you’re good” he said as I smiled.

“Ok, I’ll try” I said as he smiled.

“Good. I would have fought you if I had to” he said as he tickled me.

“Zack, I’m ticklish,” I screamed a he kissed me.

“I know” he replied as I stuck my tongue out at him. “I have something else to tell you”

“What?” I asked concerned again. What else did he have up his sleeve?

“When you get big and famous, don’t forget about me. I’m still here”

“Oh Zack” I said as I laughed. “I’d never forget you,” I said as he smiled.

“Good. I was just afraid of that,” he said.

“Zack, aren’t you in a band as well?”

“Yeah so? I don’t want you to forget me, even if I’m in a band,” he said as I laughed.

“I don’t think I’ll ever forget you”

“And why is that?” he asked me as he wrapped his arms around me, giving me a bear hug from the back.

“Because I like you a lot”

“Really?” he asked as I laughed.

“Yup” I said as he kissed my nose.

“Because I’m beginning to think I love you,” he said as I looked at him. I couldn’t believe what just came out of his mouth. I liked what he said, in fact I loved it, I loved it so much I kissed him.

“Good, because I’m beginning to love you too”
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS!
This is my last chapter before I go on vacation next week. Going to Myrtle Beach. Its going to be so much fun.
I don't know when the next post will be :S I'll try for the 11 of August, but no promises. Or maybe when I come back on the Tuesday. You'll just have to wait and see! :D

Only Fooling Myself By: Kate Voegele