Status: Finished February 9

Don't Look Away Because Dreams Only Last for a Night

Unfair

Kate

‘Meet me outside’ I read a text message as I looked over at Mark who was so busy I didn’t feel like disturbing him.

“Stephen” I called as he turned.

“How can I help you?” he asked with that smile I just couldn’t resist.

“When, or if Mark asks where I am, can you tell him I’m outside?”

“With Zack, yeah no problem” I just looked at him. I wasn’t mad, I thought it was funny our cast knew who my boyfriend was.

Zack was standing by himself as I walked up to him.

“Hey”

“Hi” he said as we hugged.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Just wanted to see my girl at work” I smiled. “I wanted to know if you wanted to go for a walk?”

“Well, I’m kind of working right now” I told him as he smiled.

“After” he said as I went inside.

“There you are” Mark exclaimed.

“I told you, out with Zack” Stephen said

“I think we need to ban Zack from the set and around the set, he costs too many distractions” he said as we went back into filming.

“Hey, are you ok?” I turned to see Stephen.

“Uh, yeah” I said.

“Are you sure?”

“Well-“

“It’s what Mark said, isn’t it?” he asked. It was funny how well he knew me.

“Are you reading my mind?” I joked as we laughed.

“I’m not trying to, but sometimes I wish I could” he said as I smiled.

“I wish Mark hadn’t said anything because Zack isn’t going to like that. He likes to come see me at work” I cried as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

“Then don’t listen to him, do what you want to do”

“What if he fires me?”

“Then I quit,” he said firmly.

“Steph, you can’t just quit”

“Oh, but if it happens I will”

“Why are you so sure?” I sat up.

“Because I know he won’t fire you,” he said as he got up. “And if you ask me, you’re too hot to be fired” he said as I blushed. Zack never called me hot. I thought, and then I pushed the thought away.

“What are you doing tonight?” I asked him before I thought.

“Nothing. I don’t have plans,” he said as I nodded.

“Let’s go get something to eat,” I said as we walked out together.

************

“So I hear your brother is here too and he’s some famous rock star”

“You heard that from Bethany didn’t you?”

“Word gets around here,” he said as he ate his burger.

“I see. What else do you know?” I asked as he laughed.

“You guys are best friends, but he left and you guys aren’t best friends anymore, but now you’re trying to patch up the friendship”

“Wow, impressive” I said as he nodded. “Facts about you now, since you know me”

“How about you tell me, I think you know some things” he smirked.

“Well then, you are a morning person because right now at 9:05 PM is late for you, uh you love apples, you have a feet fetish, should I go on?” I asked as he shook his head and laughed.

“No, I think you got a lot there” he said as my phone vibrated. It was Zack.

‘Where are you?’ I ignored it.

“I had fun tonight” he said as we walked linked arms back to my house.

“Me too” I smiled.

“Shall we do this again sometime?”

“Yes, we should”

“I can’t wait,” he said as he walked me to the door and kissed me on the cheek.

“Bye, see you tomorrow, bright and early” he said as I waved. I got inside and Bethany faced me as I closed the door.

“What?”

“Zack has been calling off the hooks” she said sounding pissed. “I had to unplug the phone” she held up the cord.

“I’m sorry,” I said as I thought of him.

“What’s wrong?” she was calmer now.

“I went out to dinner with Stephen, and he’s such a great guy and we just talked so much, that I think I like him” I blurted out.

“Did you say what I think you said?” I nodded. “Oh boy”

“It’s so unfair” I cried. “We can’t be together because of Zack and well we work together”

“I think you better to talk to Zack”

“Later” I said as I went upstairs to sulk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boy problems!

Unfair By: Kate Voegele