Status: Finished February 9

Don't Look Away Because Dreams Only Last for a Night

Remembering Sunday

It was a crisp sunny morning. One more show to play. It was at home. The tour ended tonight. The feeling couldn’t be more exciting. The band stepped into the venue for the first time.

“I’ve always wanted to play here. It’s been my dream for years” Jack exclaimed. The other band members could do nothing but smile.

This show was expected to sell out, and boy did it ever. All sold out on the first day. The boys were extremely excited for tonight.

“We need to get started” Jeff said as everyone looked around at each other.

“Alright let’s do this thing” Alex jumped up and everyone followed.

“So tonight should we end with Dear Maria, or Remembering Sunday?” Jeff asked as everyone in the room shrugged their shoulders.

“I don’t have anyone to sing with me,” Alex protested.

“What if we got someone?”

“You can get someone last minute?”

“I can try” Jeff said.

“Why do you want to change the set list?” Alex asked confused.

“It’s your home town. I thought you might want to change it up a bit” Jeff suggested.

“Well ok, if you can find someone to sing with” Alex said as Jeff walked away.

“How weird!” Rian commented.

“Tell me about it!”

** ** **

It was five minutes to show time and the band was getting nervous and excited.

“Jeff!” Alex hollered down their tour manager. “Jeff” he called again.

“Jeff, did you find someone to sing with me?” he asked eagerly.

“Not yet, give me more time” Jeff replied.

“How much more time do you need?” Alex yelled.

“Just sing the song” Jeff exclaimed. “It will all work out, I promise,” he said. Alex just had to take his word for it.

“Alright boys, we’re ready for you,” a crewmember yelled at them as they began to take their roles on stage.

“Here we go boys,” Alex yelled as he ran onstage.

** ** **

She hadn’t heard anything from Jeff all day. She needed to hear back from him. She had arranged to sing with the popular band All Time Low, and she wanted it. The phone rang.

“Hello” she answered.

“Hi, is this Morgan?”

“Yes” she squealed knowing she had won the contest.

“I just wanted to call, and I’m sorry this is last minute, but we have to let you go” Jeff’s voice rang through the phone.

“What do you mean, ‘have to let me go’?” she demanded stamping her foot on the floor.

“We have ourselves a winner, and it’s not you, but thank you for trying out”

“No, you can’t-“ but all she heard was the dial tone as she cried.

** ** **

“I’m so glad you could make it on such short notice” Jeff breathed heavily.

“Does he know I’m coming?”

“No” Jeff said as they reached the stage. “Your part is coming, you’d better get ready” he informed the girl standing in front of him.

“Alright, it’s show time” Jeff yelled.

** ** **

She got out on stage and it was as if the music had stopped playing, but it hadn’t.

She started singing.

Alex looked at her and he couldn’t stop.

She looked over at Alex, nor could she tear her eyes away.

They had been so far from each other, and in the course of the past almost ten years this moment that the two of them were in; they both couldn’t feel any closer.

They finished the song, and the crowd cheered.

“Give it up for Kate Voegele” Alex shouted. Everyone of course knew who she was. “My baby sister” he added.

“Thank you Alex” Kate said back as they hugged.

“I’ve missed you” Alex whispered.

“I’ve missed you too” Kate replied.

“Let’s not fight anymore,” Alex suggested.

“I like that idea, we’re not dumb kids anymore, but adults” Kate said as Alex nodded.

“But I still like to do kid stuff” Alex yelled as he started to chase Kate around the stage.

“Alex” she called.

It’s the end of a rather happy tune. Two loved ones find their way back to each other. It may have taken a long time, but it was worth all the time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh wow, this is the end! It's a sad yet happy moment. I'm sad to let this go, it was fun writing this for any of you that read it, subscribed and commented. It's been an amazing year. So thank you. :)

Remembering Sunday By: All Time Low