Status: Finished February 9

Don't Look Away Because Dreams Only Last for a Night

No Good

Kate

It’s been a week since Alex ran away. I was getting better, or so I thought. I wanted to write another song, but it was so hard, it wasn’t like the first song that came just like that. I wish it were though. Every song that I tired to write, the words sounded too cheesy, or the actual music wouldn’t fit. I didn’t know what to do.

“Hey my dear Kate, why the long face now?” Julie asked as she came up to me at school.

“I’m having trouble writing another song,” I confessed as she laughed. “What?” I questioned.

“Nothing, but I think I can help” she said as we made our way to last period. Math.

“I hate Alex right now” I said once the teacher had finished teaching the lesson, and we had time to do our work.

“Why do you say that? Because I know you love him”

“I know I do, but right now, why did he have to leave me like everyone else?” I questioned even though Julie couldn’t answer. “Why am I even writing songs about him, it’s like I’m following in his footsteps” I said. “When will I learn that Alex is no good for me? When will I learn that he can’t control me anymore?” I asked as I looked at Julie. It looked like she was doing her work and not paying attention to me. “Julie?”

“Yes” she smiled. I looked at her. “I was writing down everything you were saying, since you wouldn’t remember, and maybe you can get lyrics out of that” she said handing me the paper, as soon as I got it I started taking the lines and moving them around so that they fit, I added lines for it to flow.

“Miss. Gaskarth, there is someone down in the office who would like to see you” my teacher Mrs. Grace-Kelly said. Oh great! What did the principal want now? What if he found out I lived by myself? Would he take me away to live with another family? I had to stop thinking these thoughts as I got up out of my seat and started making my way to the office.

Once I got in, I saw a familiar face in one of the chairs, but I knew it couldn’t be. I stepped in farther and the figure stood up and came closer to me.

“Kate” it said as it stopped in front of me.

“Yes” I answered. I poked him to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating that would embarrass myself.

“How are you?” he asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

“I could be so much better, but you know, getting better,” I answered as he took me outside. “Where are we going? It’s cold outside” I said as it gave me his jacket. “Thanks”

“No problem”

“So why are you here?”

“I needed to see you. I needed to know you were ok”

“Nothings wrong with me, I’m not dying” he laughed.

“I know that. I just need to know how you were doing, the last time I saw you, it wasn’t good”

“Nope not at all. So why aren’t you with your band?”

“They get boring after awhile”

“Oh and I don’t?”

“Nope, not one bit”

“Well I better get back to class, I have a lot of math to catch up on”

“Oh, uh, ok. I’ll see you soon. I promise,” he said as I watched him walk down the street.

How weird, I feel like I’m moving in reverse and not forward now, that’s a good line, I should use that. I thought to myself.

It was good to know Zack was still the same old Zack.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm going to take a break with story. I'm having a writers block, and nothing is sounding right. Plus, I'm not getting any comments, so that doesn't help.

I might not up date for another couple weeks until I can think of something.

No Good By: Kate Voegele