Broken Heels

Maria

I squealed as I ran across the airport in my 4 inch heels and dived at my auntie and her friend, whose name I had forgotten.

“You’ve lost weight.” She said, examining me before hugging me tightly. “I missed you.” She whispered as I pulled away from her.

“I missed you too, but the tour was pretty much worldwide.” I told her, I had spent the last few years writing books and then doing huge publicity tours for them.

“Maria, you look amazing.” he friend said, pushing her out of the way and hugging me. “I haven’t seen you since you used to follow Jesse around dressed like a boy.” She told me.

“Thankfully I grew out of that.” I said, still struggling to remember her name. My auntie put her arm around me and led me out to a purple PT cruiser, I bit my lip to stop myself laughing at it, my auntie shot me a dirty look and got into the passengers side, I climbed in the back.

“We are going to go to April’s, since she has more room then us and Ryan will probably be there anyway.” My auntie told me, as fiddled with the radio, trying to change the station and only finding fuzz.

“Ryan now lives with me.” April told me, now I had been told her name it seemed stupid that I could have forgotten it, but I remembered her easily now.

“So does that mean I will be staying with you?” I asked her, shifting over into the middle seat.

“If you want to, everyone else does.” She said, grinning at me, I couldn’t help but grin back at her. I watched as we drove up a long road that seemed majorly empty. Finally we stopped outside what looked like a castle.

“Wow.” I breathed as I stepped out of the car, instantly getting tackled and falling to the floor. I looked up to see Dunn grinning at me like an idiot.

“You look like a girl.” He told me, sounding rather shocked about this. I nodding and pushed him off me, punching him in the arm as I did. I heard someone laugh and attempted to pull myself up.

“Well you will certainly fit in.” April said, walking away and going into the castle.

“You broke my shoe.” I shouted at Dunn as he pulled me up. “Brand new shoes and you broke them.” I screamed as he helped me up.

“Since when did you care about shoes?” he asked me, a look of disgust on his face.

“Since they cost me flipping $650.” I squealed, the heel had completely broken off.

“Come and meet the guys and then I will buy you new ones.” He said, noting the skate ramp on the other side of the rather large garden.

“How am I going to get over there in broken heels?” I asked him, still panicking about them being broken. “You aren’t strong enough to carry me and I’m not limping all the way over there.” I told him, my voice getting higher and higher.

“You never use to act like this.” He said, still sounding rather annoyed.

“The company wanted me to change my image and I guess it just stuck.” I shrugged as he put the skate board in front of me. I looked down at it and laughed. “I could of done that myself.” I said, rummaging through my bag and finding some trainers and my own board.

“Race ya.” He said as he ran towards the ramps, me hot on his heels.