Broken Heels

Bam

The smell of pancakes had brought everyone into the kitchen, and although all of them had moaned at me about the noise none of them moaned at Maria, who carried on cooking pancakes for everyone. I watched her as she placed a plateful in front of Dunn kissing him on the top of his head as she did.

“Are you coming too see your dad today?” he asked, putting his arm around some girl I hadn’t recognised, by the reaction she was giving him she was regretting last night and slipped away. I heard the front door shut and we all laughed.

“Yeah, I haven’t seen him in ages, did he move again?” she said, cooking more pancakes, I sat down next to Dunn and stole his cup of coffee.

“I think so, Mum’s taking us, she hasn’t seen him in ages and she wants to check he is coming on Friday.” He said, waving a fork at her like he was angry at a teenager.

“Of course he will come, he never misses a party.” She said, placing a plate down in front of Raab and looking at his girlfriend who nodded. I’d seen her a few times and it seemed like they were getting serious now. She was about 5 foot 5 with long brown hair. She was wearing one of his large t-shirts and a pair of jeans and had been just as annoyed with us for waking everyone up.

“I’m sorry I forgot your name.” Maria said, placing the plate down in front of her and looking at me, I shook my head and carried on drinking Dunn’s coffee. She sat down not having anything to eat.

“I’m Tayler.” She said, smiling sleepily. Before Maria could say something back Dunn was pointing his fork at her again.

“You gonna eat something?” Dunn said to her, she shook her head gently. “Maria Rosemary Dunn, eat something or I will tell your dad you have stopped eating again.” She rolled her eyes and started making herself something to eat.

“I’m going into rehab.” Raab said, looking straight at Tayler adoringly. Dunn choked and stared at him; Rake laughed and then tried to cover it up. Dico dropped his phone with a confused look on his face. And Novak smile at him encouragingly, they had been becoming really close friends recently. “Well, I mean, look at Novak, he hasn’t shot up since last time he was there and look how much better he is now.” He said, Tayler squealed and hugged him. “I’ll check in after the party.”

“So what is everyone dressing up as for the party?” Rake said in a strange voice, I watched Maria sit back down with next to nothing on her plate and moving it round with a fork, Dunn was staring at her looking really pissed off.

“You.” Dico said, doing one of his strange laughs. Everyone was too busy laughing g to answer him, except for Dunn who was reading something in the paper frowning.

“Your in the paper.” He said, looking at her and looking back at the paper. “Maria Dunn pictured here with rumoured fiancé, Nick Evans, whilst maxing out his credit card. So maybe we were wrong when we told you all to lock up your sons, it looks like she’s finally settling down.” He read out. “You and Nick?” he asked, sounding seriously pissed off.

“Maybe.” She said, sounding embarrassed.

“That’s like the worst rebound ever, is this his way of trying to piss me off? He dumped me; I’ll get with his little cousin that should get his fucking attention, as if I didn’t pay enough attention to him. Shit.” He shouted, everyone was staring at him.

“Seriously, Ry calm the hell down.” She said, trying to take the paper off him. “I know I’m not exactly the most girly person, but guess what I don’t have a dick.” She said. “He’s marrying me so his Gran will give him his inheritance, the guy still loves you.” Everyone stared at her now. I watched as Ryan stormed out of the room, Maria running out after him.

I’m not sure why but I followed. I saw them hug, whispering too each other.

“So do you think you could get me his number?” I heard Dunn asked, making her laugh and hug him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?