Broken Heels

Bam

I heard Ryan storm into the house and up the stairs, the door banged loudly and Ville looked at me slightly worried. He had got here this morning, and had attempted to catch up with what had been happening through his jetlag. I felt my phone buzz and answered it lazily, I didn’t answer it often but I felt the need to answer it now.

“Is that Bam?” Maria’s voice asked, he voice sounded like she had been crying or shouting or both.

“Yea.” I said, I noticed I was still looking at Ville who was looking at me curiously.

“I don’t know how to get home.” She sobbed and I felt my heart sink slightly.

“Do you know where you are?” I asked, and I could see in Ville’s face that the feeling raging in my heart was visible on my face.

“Yea, I’m by where mom-mom used to live.” She said, sniffling as she did. “But I don’t know where Ryan is, or if he is ok or anything.” I smiled slightly but got out of my chair and pulled the keys to the hummer out of the bowl where mum had put there.

“Ok, I’m gonna come and find you.” I said, hanging up the phone. I slipped out of the house and got into the hummer driving as quickly as I could to where my mom-mom lived, I drove round a few of the street before I saw her slumped on the side of the road and parked close to her. I climbed out of the car and pulled her quickly into my arms. I felt her snuffle slightly and fidget so that she was hugging me.

“I’m so sorry Bam.” She whispered, I stroked her hair and tried to calm her down.

“It’s ok.” I whispered back, I carried her over to the car and placed her on the front seat, kissing her gently on the lips. I climbed into the driver’s seat and drove in the opposite direction to my house.

“Where are we going?” she asked, I looked over to her, her make up had run and she had taken her hair down and fluffed it up around her head.

“The state of Bran, no one goes there anymore and I thought you would be able to calm down a bit before we go back to the castle.” I said, I saw her nod out of the corner of my eye and carried on the drive, eventually pulling up at the almost abandoned trailer park. A few of the trailers had been replaced with newer ones so that we had somewhere to go when we wanted to hide from each other.

“Thank you.” She whispered, gracefully getting out of the hummer, I copied her and lead her to the trailer that had originally been Ape and Phil’s. It was one of the few that were in decent condition. I lay down on the bed that was at the very back, and she lay down next to me, putting her head on my chest and holding my hand gently.

“So what happened?” I asked her, playing with her hair with the hand she wasn’t holding. Something felt right about lying like this with her.

“Dad was drunk, again, and Lee was there, so I started talking to Lee and he was asking me about the pictures in the paper and he got really angry because of it and then Ryan hit him and I shouted at Ryan and him and his mum stormed off, and then Lee got really upset and went back to my dads who was passed out.” She said, mainly in one breathe. I looked down at her and saw purple marks on her arm and a slight redness to one of her cheeks.

“Did he hurt you?” I asked her, feeling angry at him.

“He didn’t mean too, he just gets a bit protective.” She shrugged; I could hear in her voice that she still loved him so I didn’t question her anymore. “Did Ryan come back to yours?” she asked, and I nodded, not wanting to talk because all I could think of was hurting Lee.
♠ ♠ ♠
And I'm back home. Comments?