Broken Heels

Bam

I wiped the stale tears off of her face and came to my senses.

“I can’t take advantage of you like this; we should go back to the castle.” I said, standing up and pulling her up easily. She groaned in protest but let me pull her up and hugged me carefully.

“Thank you for being so amazing.” she whispered, putting her head on my chest, I put my head on top of hers and listened to her as she breathed. I held her hand and walked out of the trailer and lead her out to the car, she followed, her hand felt so delicate in mine I was almost scared of breaking her. I opened the car door for her and she giggled as she climbed in, I quickly walked round to the other side of the car and climbed in, driving to the castle.

She didn’t talk as we drove and I didn’t want her to feel as though I was pushing her into talking so we drove quietly back to the castle. As soon as we got there she climbed out of the car and ran over to the door, waiting for me to let her in. I ran over to her and kissed her gently on her lips.

“Everything is gonna be ok you know.” I said, trying to convince myself as well as her, I knew she would never stay here, you could see it in her eyes, something was pulling her slowly back to LA, something she didn’t want us to know about, and maybe it was something to do with Lee, with his twisted manipulative ways. She smiled up at me, I smiled that lit up her eyes easily and nodded and for a moment I believed what I had said.

I opened the front door and she ran up the stairs, her shoes being lost quickly in the process, I heard her bang on Ryan’s door and laughed to myself as I heard their voices, not loud enough for me to know what they were saying but loud enough to hear them none the less.

I went into the living room, everyone except Ryan was in there, and Ville instantly grinned at me.

“I know that look.” He laughed, his voice smoke stained and slurry. “You love her.” He teased, childishly singing, I threw a ball between his legs, making him groan in pain and laughed.

“I don’t love her, she hasn’t even been here a week.” I said, as if that was a perfectly good reason why. Forget the fact that I had grown up around her, and still spoke to her in the last ten years even when the other guys hadn’t, that I had read everyone of her books and followed news about her when it was important enough to be broadcasted here.

“Yes.” Said Novak, attempting to sound smarter then he actually was. “But in under a week you have ditched us more than once, answered your phone, stayed sober and slept in the same bed as her without doing anything.” He said, hiding behind a pillow, I could hear him laughing triumphantly as he did.

“Dick.” I muttered, getting myself a beer.