Broken Heels

Maria

I banged on Ryan’s door loudly and heard him shout a few swear words at my through the door so I banged on it again.

“Let me in.” I said, attempting to open the door but failing. I kicked it before turning round and sitting with my back to the door. “I’m not going anywhere till you talk to me.” I said it wasn’t loud but I knew he could hear me; I heard moving round and felt the door budge slightly.

“So, how’s your arm?” I heard him say, I put my head against the door, ignoring the natural instinct to look at my arm, I knew it had bruised slightly, hopefully it would fade quickly; I had felt it hurt when Bam had touched it.

“Bruised a little, I’ve done more damage when I’ve been with you guys.” I said, then as I thought the words over in my head I realised how accusing they sounded. “He’s done worse to me, when I was in LA and there was no one around to notice.” I muttered. “Thank you for stopping him Ry.” I said, making sure it was loud enough for him to hear.

I could hear a slight movement from behind the door and suddenly I was lying on the floor looking up at Ryan, who tilted his head and stared at me. I grinned up at him and I heard him laugh.

“You laughed, I’m off the hook.” I said, jumping up and hugging him tightly, he laughed again hugging me back.

“I was only trying to protect you.” He said, letting go of me. I sat on the floor and he sat on the bed, just like we used to when we were kids. “Why don’t you come back to West Chester?” he said, I stared at him, contemplating telling him the truth, and like I had done for years I buckled out.

“It’s complicated Ry, I’m not sure I could completely uproot everything I have again, I’ve only been back in LA for a couple of months.”

“Well, it’s not like you’ve been there long enough to get attached again. You’ve been away from everyone for three years, how can it be complicated to move a couple hours away?”

“It just is, Ry, maybe you’ll understand one day, but for now all you need to know is its complicated.”

“For the last few years, you have pushed me away, what are you hiding?”

“Come to LA and see for yourself.” I didn’t mean it but I also knew he wouldn’t leave West Chester. “You’ll just be sworn to secrecy.”

“What’s with all the secrecy? And I cant come to LA I don’t know where you live.”

“Well come with me Saturday.”

“I’ll be hung-over.”

“Then don’t come.”

I want a beer.” He said, walking away, I got up and followed him, falling onto a sofa next to Bam and taking his beer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Feedback?
Anything?