Broken Heels

Bam

I watched as she whispered with Jesse but couldn’t actually hear what they were saying; I looked back to April who was laughing with Ryan’s mom about something.

“You shouldn’t listen to other people’s conversations.” Maria said, walking over to the fridge and opening it. I looked at her, my mouth open slightly and she stuck her tongue out at me before stealing some chocolate out of the fridge. She was wearing a short pink skirt with a white top and high heeled shoes. “I gotta go, I have an interview.” She said, walking away from us all. she came back a few minutes later, stole Ryan’s phone, walked away, came back and walked away again.

“What are you dressing up as?” Jesse asked me as Phil came into the room; he ruffled my hair before walking over to April and kissing her.

“A skater.” I said, flattening my hair down again.

“That’s cheating.” Ryan’s mom said, Rabb and Tayler walked into the room, holding hands and whispering to each other.

“Ok, I’ll go as Jesse.” I said waving my arms around in the air, almost hitting Novak in the process.

“That’s cheating too sweetheart.” Novak said, batting away my arms.

“Well what are you going as?” I asked Novak.

“An umpa lumpa.” He shrugged, making everyone laugh.

“I’m off.” Ryan said, pushing his phone into his pocket and running out of the room, bumping into Rake and some girl I didn’t recognise, they were laughing with each other and staring all goofily into each others eyes. She had dark blonde hair that was tied up messily, she was tall and there wasn’t much between their heights, she was wearing glasses that she kept on fiddling with occasionally.

“This is Sarah.” Rake said, not actually looking away from her. Great. Even Rake is loved up with someone. He told her the names of all the people in the room; she smiled at all of us. “Mrs D is it ok if I bring Sarah to your party?” he asked her, she beamed at him and nodded enthusiastically.

“Novak lets go skate.” I said, walking out of the room and grabbing the board off the floor.

“Sure thing sweetheart.” He said, following me closely, he was focusing himself more and more on skateboarding and you could see a huge improvement when you watched him now. I watched as we got to the skate ramp. “Bam I need to ask you a huge favour.” He said, placing his board delicately on the floor, his sister had brought him the board as a well done for staying clean and he treasured it.

“What is it?” I said, looking over at him, he looked nervous and shifted slightly.

“I, I need to go back to Baltimore, Mum needs some help.” He said, scuffling the floor with his shoes, I walked over to him and stood right next to him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

“Promise me you aren’t using.” I said, I was angry but I could see in his face there was something not right there, something that he wasn’t happy about.

“No, of course not, that’s what I’m scared about, Bam, will you come with me?” he asked, I felt my arm fall off him, not really understanding what he said for a moment but nodding, there’s something overwhelming about being asked for help by someone who didn’t want it for so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so lots of subscribers and yet hardly any comments.