Broken Heels

Maria

The interview didn’t take long, it was only for a small magazine but they took a few pictures of me with the interviewers and asked me to sign some copy of my books. Nick was standing by, watching and trying to act like a body guard, of course we had all laughed at him. Ryan had got there not long after us and I watched the two of them had talked laughed and flirted with each other throughout my whole interview.

I got in Nick’s car, he was going to drop me off at the castle and then him and Ryan, who was following on his bike, were going to catch up with each other and see what happened, although they had both made their intentions clear.

“Hey.” I laughed into my phone, turning down some crap rap song that was blaring from Nick’s stereo, he was dancing in a gangster style and I tried to stop laughing as Bam spoke to me down the phone.

“Hey, Maria, I’m going to Baltimore, can you tell Ryan when you see him?” he shouted.

“Yeah, urm ok, why are you going to Baltimore?” I asked, looking out of the window to see Ryan with his face pressed against the window.

“Novak asked me too.” He said, I could imagine him pulling the face that he pulled when he said shit like.

“Whatever, when you coming back?” I said as Ryan opened the door and pulled me out, making me scream down the phone.

“Oww.” He said, making me laugh even more as Dunn ran carrying me over to the swimming pool. “Tomorrow.” He said before I could hang up and throw my phone over to Nick, I held my breath as the cold water hit me, I could hear Nick and Ryan laughing as I kicked back up to the surface.

“You’re a jerk.” I laughed as I climbed out the pool, driving on Ryan’s back so that he was soaking wet.

“And you’re see-through.” He laughed hysterically; I fell of his back and carried on laughing. Ville and Jesse had joined in with the laughing and I dashed up the stairs and into my room where I changed into pair of jeans and a t-shirt and took all of my make up off, meaning that my bruises could be seen, even though they had faded. When I went back downstairs Phil, April and my auntie had all gone shopping for the supplies for the party, Rabb, Rake and their girlfriends had gone out, Bam and Novak had left for Baltimore, which was making me nervous and Ryan and Nick had gone to spend some time alone together. I went into the living room where Jesse, Ville and Dico were watching some old western film.

We spent the rest of the day trading stories and watching films that we didn’t pay much attention too. Jesse told me about his children and his wife; it was nice to see him so happy and settled. He had a boy, Phil and a girl, Hazel and after showing me the pictures he had literally sat and glowed at me. He said I would meet his wife at the party. I found out about Dico and his weird obsession with cowboy films, which he found highly amusing, how his girlfriend had just dumped in and he was hoping to meet someone at the party.

Ville was different, he was quiet and when he did talk he was thoughtful, his voice smoky and alluring, reminding me why he was so amazing. He was Bam’s best friend, and somehow that mattered, he was worried about Bam as well, but insisted that we trust him. He was one of the performers that were going to be performing at the party, he was constantly smoking and the smell was intoxicating, almost stealing all of my attention away from the conversation as the cravings kicked in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?