Broken Heels

Bam

I lay on the floor of Novak’s old bedroom; there were still the same old posters on the walls, the only difference was the bed sheets, which had been changed to something a little bit more grown up.

“Thanks for this Bam.” Novak said, I knew this was hard for him, being back in the place he had shot up in so many times, but I knew he wanted to help his mum, she was ill and needed help sorting things out around the house.

“It’s alright, the castle has felt weird this week anyway.” I said, emptying out the pockets of my jeans which were surprisingly full.

“Hmm, would it have anything to do with Maria?” he asked me, I could see him laughing as he said it.

“Of course not, she is Dunn’s little cousin.” I said, although I had a feeling he was right.

“Whatever sweetheart, all I know is that you have been besotted with her since she left to go to LA.” He said, I tried to work out when he had gotten so smart about things.

“Shut up and go to sleep.” I grumbled lying on the large pile of blankets I had been given. I remembered once when we were younger, not long before she left, Ryan had shouted at her for always skiving off school with us so she went in one day, by the time lunch time had come she had turned back up at the skate park happily telling her that this guy she had liked for ages had asked her out.

“He wants to take me to the movies on Saturday.” She squealed, having made Jesse give her a piggy back over to us, she was still hanging off him and I could feel my insides complaining about it.

“I thought you said you were gonna help me film on Saturday.” I said, attempting to sound happier than I actually did.

“I forgot, I’ll call him later and cancel.” She said, I could tell she was upset but I couldn’t ask her not to, my heart wouldn’t let me.

I grabbed my phone off of the side and pulled the blanket over my head so that the light wouldn’t disturb anyone, I found her number and phoned Maria.

“Hello.” She mumbled sleepily after a few rings.

“Hey, did I wake you up?”

“No, I generally sound like I’m drunk.”

“Sure you do, hey can I ask you something?”

“Well that’s how most people make conversation.”

“Will you be my date to Ryan’s mom’s party?” I asked her, it seemed like it took her an eternity to reply.

“Will you want to wear matching costumes?”

“Heck no.”

“Ok sure.”

“Great.”

“Night Bam.” She said hanging up on me, I smiled as I pulled the blanket off my head and put my phone back where it was, I heard Novak laugh but ignored him as I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler but meh
Comments?