Broken Heels

Maria

I smiled thankfully as Ryan walked straight into my house and ruffled Will’s hair. Ryan pulled me into his arms and I couldn’t help but grin. I’d been scared for so long about them meeting, Will had also been a very anti-social child, he preferred to surround him self by his latest fascination. And here he was, accepting my past completely.

Ryan walked towards the kitchen and began making coffee with a comfortable ease.

“I’ve been helping the housekeeper out with looking after Will, he was telling me all the scientific stuff about skateboarding.” he grinned at me and placed the cup in front of me. “I’ve told Nick what happened, he explained everything to me. I wish you’d told me but I think I understand.” I nodded and inhaled the coffee.

“I was so scared, the dad made it clear he didn’t want to know and I ran.” Will sat next to me and placed his lists in front of me, an almost illegible scroll glared at me.

“Who was his Dad?” Ryan asked, a unreadable look on his face, Will looked up at me as well, he’d never asked about his father

“Just some guy.” I whispered, shaking my head. He had been the star of the football team, amazingly handsome and charming. I hadn’t realised that all he wanted was a quick fumble with the skate chick. “Didn’t want a kid to ruin his chance at college.” I said, fiddling with the cup in front of me. Will put his hand on my arm and smiled at me. “But I did ok, and now he has a whole load of Jackass male figures.” I said. Both Ryan and Will grinned at me. I grinned back, Will looked like him, the family resemblance was obvious.

“So what’s on this list then?” Ryan asked, taking the paper of Will and moving it around until he realised he had no hope of trying to read it. Will giggled and explained to him all the things that were needed to throw a party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so it's kind of short but I'll make up for it in the next one.