Broken Heels

Maria

I sighed, still staring at my phone, angry tears threatening to fall, but I couldn’t let them I had spent so long making sure my make up was perfect.

“Fuck it.” I mumbled, flipping open my phone and dialling the number I now knew off by heart.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

“Hi, I’m not hear right now, leave a message.” The voice said, I groaned again but spoke to the machine, hoping like hell I would get a reply.

“Hey, it’s Maria. I’m back in town and I was wondering if you wanted to …” I said before I was interrupted.

“Well there’s someone I missed.” Said my best friend.

“Yeah I missed you too.” I laughed, noting how even my voice sounded different now I had heard him talk. “Hey, I’m staying with Ryan, so I was wondering, if maybe, you were free.” I said, feeling myself fidget and playing with my hair with one hand.

“Want me to come pick you up?” he asked, and I nodded, laughed at myself and squeaked a small yes, too which he hung up. I giggled, feeling like a fifteen year old all over again and slid my phone back into the pocket of my jeans. I carried on giggling as I spun round in circles, almost clashing into Bam who was watching me.

“Sorry.” I giggled. Trying to walk past him but he wouldn’t let me.

“Who was that?” he asked angrily.

“No one.” I said, just as mean as he had. He glared at me and I remember exactly why I had hated him as a kid.

“When your staying in my house I have the right to know who you invite round.” He said, standing right in front of me so I couldn’t even get past him.

“I didn’t invite anyone round you stupid prick.” I said, pushing him out of the way and walking straight past him. I turned my head over my shoulder, shooting him a dirty look and saw him staring at me in shock. “They offered to come round.” I said, running out of the room and up to Dunn’s room. I looked in the mirror at my make up and my outfit, contemplating changing it, then realising I didn’t have many clothes with me.

I looked out of the window and saw the range rover and couldn’t help but grin, running back down the stairs and saw everyone sat back down on the sofa.

“I’m going out Ry. Nick’s here to pick me up.” I grinned, again acting like a love struck teenager.

“Tell him he’s a foreskin-face.” Ryan shouted at me, leaving me to go to the front door and see myself out. I had just about got to the front door and was about to open it when a hand hit the door, pushing the door shut.

“What the hell?” I asked turning round to see Bam, who was very close to me now.

“This is my house.” He snarled, moving closer to me. “You cant just invite people round like that.” He finished, now even closer to me, I could feel his breathe rise and fall gently on my lips, the anger in his amazingly blue eyes.