Broken Heels

Maria

“So, you and Mr Margera?” Nick asked, opening the door for me.

“I don’t kiss and tell.” I finished, pressing the button so the roof would go down on his car as he got in the drivers side.

“So, you’ve kissed?” he asked as he started driving away from the castle, I mimicked zipping my lips and grinned at him again. He was my best friend but I hadn’t spoken to him since before the publicity tour I started a few books again. “Oh, whatever you loser. I saw you in the paper this morning.” He said, I carried on staying quiet, enjoying the wind pushing the hair off of my face and messing it up. “Mom saw it too, she was asking after you, and Ryan, how much of a nice young man he used to be.” He said, snorting.

“So, she still doesn’t know, huh?” I asked him. He snorted again, pushing my arm gently. He was the only guy in my life, besides Ryan, who I had known for as long as I could remember and we had always been good friends. He was gay, but you wouldn’t know, he wasn’t very camp and that was why we got on so well. But that also meant that none of his family knew.

“Yes, they know, that’s why we are getting married.” He said, sarcasm dripping off his voice, he couldn’t get any of his inheritance and he had always joked about marrying me.

“You could always shave Ryan and marry him, I bet he could look good in a dress.” I said, leaning back in the chair as we sped up down a road I didn’t know.

“As tempting as that sounds.” He said, and I knew he actually meant it because they had dated a few years back and Nick had never got over it, “I’m not sure my grandmother would ever approve of him.” He sighed and I regretted saying anything about it.

“Where are we going anyway?” I asked him, trying to change the subject away from my cousin.

“Too get coffee, too get your ass back in the paper tomorrow and too get me a new suit.” He said, driving into more traffic then I had noticed at first. I watched as he pressed the button so that we were covered by the roof once again. “You’re hair looks like shit and there could be press around.” He said without even looking at me.

Numerous shops later, large amount of money spent and lots of coffee drank we sat in the same rundown old bar we had always sat down in, on the same spots and probably out of the same glasses.

“Shopping is so much more fun with you around, you have to come house shopping with me after the party.” I said to him as we drank the drinks we had got, they were as horrible as they had always been but they were swamped in memories.

“So you’re gonna stick around?” he asked, his face having lit up.

“I’m going to have with the amount of clothes I have brought.” I laughed, I hadn’t realised how much I had missed being home, but now I was back and I remembered how good it was.

“I’m sure Bam won’t disapprove once he has seen some of those dresses. You should wear that red one to the party.” He told me, his eyes popping out of his head slightly as he tried to emphasise the point. “Speaking of Bam I should get you home, or that cousin of yours might spank me.” He said, taking my arm and leading me out of the bar and back towards his car. That was as camp as he ever got; cheap innuendos about Ryan.

“Not that you would complain.” I laughed. The drive home was quiet, enjoying just being in each other company and soon we were back as Bam’s. nick helped me carry my bags to the door and knocked it for me like a true gentleman and once Bam was there to let me in he kissed me on the cheek, winked and skipped off to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
For surfergirl cos she leaves nice comments =]
Feedback?