Status: Bear with me.. this will be slow in new chapters. I want to get it just right and mill over the ideas. Thanks.

Jack of All Trades

Chapter 1

I was mindlessly doodling on my hand, trying my hardest to tune out the scene playing out around me.

"Anastasia," I heard. I pretended I didn't.

"Anastasia, look at me!" The voice demanded.

"What?!"

"Did you hear what I said?" Emily, my caseworker, asked.

"Unfortunately, yeah. Another group home, orphanage, prison... Call it what you want. In plain English- The Newtons don't want me anymore."

"Honey, that's not it. They just don't know how to help you the way you need to be helped."

I slammed my fists down on the table.

"Face it, Emily! I'm damaged goods! Not one single decent family is going to want a broken, moody, ADHD teenage girl with abandonment issues. Just sign the damn paperwork so I can get out of here."

I walked through the courthouse, went outside, and lit a cigarette. Five minutes later, Emily was beside me.

"Do you realize how many laws you're breaking right now?" she asked.

I looked up at the 'no smoking' sign and laughed bitterly.

"I don't care how illegal it is, at least it's my only addiction."

Emily shook her head.

"Are you ready?"

I flicked my cigarette, exhaled, and shrugged.

"Ehh. Which one is it this time?"

"Helping Hands Home for Youths."

"Co-ed or all girls?"

"Co-ed. And it's teenagers only as well. You should have friends in no time, Stace."

"What's the point? I'll be gone in a month anyway."
♠ ♠ ♠
'Kay. So. This is my first story that's this kind of scenario, so you'll have to bear with me. It might be a while before anything new of it comes out. I have up to chapter 4 already written, but after that... yeah.

But, I still need me some comments and subscriptions to get me by in the meantime. :DD

:]]