Status: Bear with me.. this will be slow in new chapters. I want to get it just right and mill over the ideas. Thanks.

Jack of All Trades

Chapter 2

"Here we are... Helping Hands Home for Youths."

"This... this is it?" I asked, incredulous.

A huge white Colonial house stood inside a giant yard, surrounded by a cute white picket fence.

"Yes ma'am. Twenty rooms on the second floor alone, with counselor quarters downstairs. Seven full bathrooms, three half-bathrooms, large kitchen, dining room, and living room, a rec room, movie room, plus horse stables in the backyard. What do you think?"

"Em, you gotta pinch a girl, 'cause I think I'm dreaming."

"That's the idea-- to feel safe, comfortable, and most of all, at home. I think you'll like it here."

I shrugged.

"Sounds like a crock of crap to me, but whatever. Do I at least share a room with a decent girl"

Emily shook her head.

"No, honey. You get your own room."

I jerked my head around to look at her.

"I what?!"

I could feel my eyes burning and a lump forming at the back of my throat."

"I-I... I've never had my own room before," I said softly, my voice cracking.

"I know, honey. I've had you on a wiating list for this place for a while. I pulled some strings to get you in sooner."

I shook my head.

"Emily, I don't understand. Why would you do that for me? And why here?"

Because I love you. And because this is where I grew up."

My eyes widened.

"You were a foster kid?"

She nodded.

"I promise to tell you all about it sometime. Come on, let's get you settled in."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty partial to this series already... not quite sure if I like it in Mibba form... ehh, whatever.

I'll post the other two chapters I have in a bit.

In other news... TODAY'S MY 21ST BIRTHDAY! :DD