Status: 1-8-11--- I come on to this story story page and think, "Wow. This sucks." I think I'm going to either edit it or redo it (layout, chapters, summary, EVERYTHING). Thank you to everyone that is still subscibed.

Love Is Complicated

Lunch

David's POV

Both art and computer classes got out really late and Kat and I didn't get time to talk between our classes. So now I'm sitting in art class and she's in computer class. Ugh! I can't wait till next period when we're together. But, I only want to be in her class because she's my new friend, nothing more. I hope.

Damn,I think the teacher just called on me. Whatever. I'll just ignore her and I'm sure she'll eventually come over her and then will repeat the question.

"Matthew?" she said and I ignore.

"Matthew?" she said again.

"DAVID MATHEWS?!?" she screams and this gets my attention. I hate it when people use my real name.

I look at her and have a look on my face that says 'what do you want bitch?' and she just glares at me for a while and I glare back.

Eventfully she says, "Matthew stay after class."

"Why?"

"Because I said so, that's why. But, if you must know, I have something to talk to you about."

"Why can't you say whatever it is now, it's not like I care if the class hears you insult me and tell me I'm a 'waste of human intelligence'."

She huffed a sigh and said, "Never mind."

After class I walked into the hall to find Kat already there.

She noticed my confusion and said, "Class got out 2 minutes early."

"Oh. Well come on, we need to get to math." I say and we head off to math. We are stared at the whole way there. We were also stared at on the way to language arts and lunch.

While we were in line to get food at lunch, Claire was glaring at Kat. This really bothered me. But only because Kat is my friend. There is no more emotion behind that.................I think.

When Kat and I got our food and finished paying she looked around with a confused look on her face and said, "Where are Abbie and James?"

I laughed and said, "They eat 4th period lunch. Come on, you can sit with me and my few of my other semi-friends."

"Why would they eat 4th period? That's really early."

"It's how the school works. Oh, shit!"

"What's wrong?"

"Cassy. She's this girl who use to be my friend, then she tried to kiss me and I told her I didn't like her that way. Now she doesn't talk to me."

"That doesn't answer my question. What's wrong?"

"Well, she's sitting with the guys and we don't have anywhere else to sit. Oh well." I said.

Then I asked, "If she glares at you, just ignore her. And if she asked me out, can I pretend to be your boyfriend?" Then I gave a little smile.

She laugh a little and said, "Sure, anything for my 'boyfriend'." She said and 3 girls passing by turned to glare a little. All she did was turn to them and smile. With that they continued walking.

We got to the table and I sat down and saw there wasn't a seat next to me, so I said to Jared, the dude next to me, to move to the other open seat. Then I said to Kat, "You can sit here," and I signaled to the seat next to me. She sat down and I said, "Kat this Jared, Trace, (cough) fucker (cough, cough)......... I mean, Zack, and...................Cassy." I looked down at the last name. "Everyone this is Kat."

Then Kat said, "Hi," in a shy tone. Then she looked down.

When I looked away I saw Cassy looking at me, and she said, "Matt, you go from me to her?"

I look at her with fake confusion an say, "What are you implying?"

"I'm saying, are you free this Saturday?" She asked and I cough.

Kat looks up and in a harsh tone says, "I'm sorry, he isn't." Then she looks at me and winks.

Cassy looks at her and says, "How would you know if he's free or not."

Then Kat laughs and says, "Well, I think I'd know if my own boyfriend is free or not. And considering we'rrrrrre..........umm..........going to...........the movies Saturday, I'm pretty sure he's not free."

Cassy looks at her in shock and then looks at me with shock still on her face. "I can't believe you. You, you, you bastard!!!!" She yells at me, then gets up and walks away.

All the guys look at me and talk at the same time. All I could make out was 'you have a girlfriend', 'she's hot!', and 'FINALLY!'

I really don't like it when they do this. "GUYS!" They shut up. "Speak one at a time."

Just as they were about to talk again, the bell rang.

With that I took Kat's hand, got up and we walked, no, tried to walk to science, but Claire came up to us and stopped us. She said, "Kat, that's your name right, whatever. I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight?"

I answered for her, "Sorry, but she's busy tonight."

Kat looked at me and said, "I am?"

I looked at her and said, "Yeah, with me." Then I smiled.

I pushed past a confused Claire and took Kat with me. We walked to science and she sat next to me just like she has in all our other classes just as class started.

I whispered over to her and asked, "Are you coming to Buddy's tonight? Abbie, James, an I work there."

"Sure."

*
*

Claire's POV

Lunch didn't go as planned but I'll get her. I don't know when but I'll get her. I just have to befriend her first.

Why would Matt like her anyways?

Whatever, I'm sill going to get her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got 4 comments, but 2 were from the same person, but that's fine.

2 comments for the next chapter!

So far-
6 comments, 27 reader, 6 subscribers, 1 star

--bookidiot