Midnight

Faking It

As I have dinner with my dad, who has no clue I was involved in a battle today at school, I decide I will put Jacobus's plan straight into action. After dinner, I rush upstairs and run to my computer. Now, I know absolutely nothing on how to get a man to do your bidding so I decide to use the ever useful internet to help guide me. I figure there can't be a lot of difference between a human male and a vampire male, they're all animals at the end of the day, so I just type in "how to seduce a man" and a ton of sites pop up. I am amazed there is so much advice on this stuff! Seriously, they're taking feminism back about a zillion years with all this "advice".

Apparently, if you want to get a mans attention you have to do the following:

Use a seductive tone of voice
Learn how to walk like a model
Learn how to dance
Be flirty with your target
Touch him!
Offer him a massage
Be a little mysterious
Take it to the "next level"

After reading this advice I realize I am screwed. Knowing Gerard, I know if I do end up trying these things with him, there is a high chance I may end up pregnant, and there is no way in hell I'm bringing a vampire baby into this world!

I turn off my computer and decide to take matters into my own hands. I am aware Gerard is crazily in love with me, there's no doubt about that, but the problem is he just doesn't listen to me; in fact he tells me what to do. I need to change all that, and to achieve that I need to make him melt. I have a sudden brainwave, I travel downstairs and make myself a pot of coffee, I carefully take it upstairs and place it on my desk. Next I walk to my closet and open it, I rummage around until I find what I am looking for. I pull out the slim purple box and place it carefully on my bed, after a seconds consideration, I open it and take out the contents.

It is a lacy black babydoll negligee my mom got for me when I turned 17, at the time I was so disgusted by it I refused to even look at it, but now as I hold it up to inspect it I realize it is just what I need to grab Gerard's attention. It is practically see-through and has a criss-cross back, it also comes with matching black silk panties that look more like a piece of string. I try it on and gasp as I take a look at my reflection in the floor-length mirror which is fixed on the back of my bedroom door. I am practically naked! Honestly, it's like my mom wants me to get knocked up. I twirl around as I inspect myself, the negligee barely skims my thighs and you can see every curve of my body. For the final touch, I untie my hair and let it cascade over my shoulders. Now I look like a Victoria's Secret model and I want to make out with myself. I smile to myself, certain that when Gerard sees me, he will have a heart attack or something.

I walk over to my desk and proceed to drink the entire contents inside it. After I am done I hide the coffee pot under my bed. Now I know I will be awake the whole night and that is exactly what I want. I am aware Gerard will enter my bedroom at some point during the night when he thinks I'm asleep but I'll be ready for him. I am going to put on a little show for him.

*

It is past midnight and so far Gerard hasn't shown. My room is shrouded in darkness and there is barely any light shining through my window. Thanks to the coffee I am wide awake and feeling very hyper, but I force myself to lie completely still with my eyes shut as I wait for my vampire to arrive.

Half an hour later he still hasn't shown and I am beginning to get impatient. I sigh and roll over so my back is to the window and begin counting sheep, or in my case, vampires. When I get to a thousand I get bored. I turn over so I am lying on my back and that is when I hear my window open and slide shut. It happens so quickly and quietly I barely even register it has occurred but the temperature in the room drops a few degrees and the tiny hairs on the back of my arm stand up. I know I am no longer alone.

I force myself to remain calm and keep my breathing slow and muted so he doesn't get suspicious. After five minutes of fake sleeping I turn my body slightly so he can see me better. During the whole time I have been "sleeping" I have made sure my duvet is only covering my legs and the top half of my body is in plain view. It may be pitch black in my bedroom but I know he can see clearly in the dark. I suppress a smirk when I hear him suck in his breath. I know my devious plan is working.

Ten minutes pass and I decide to step it up a notch. I roll over completely so I am facing him and pull my leg up so he can get an eye-full of my thigh and place my arm just underneath my chest so it now looks like I am posing for Playboy. I hear his breath quickening and I want to giggle at the effect I am having on him. To distract myself, I wonder why on earth he is breathing in the first place. I mean, the dudes dead after all.

Ten minutes later I know I need to take it to the next level. I turn slowly and seductively, like I've seen actresses do in the movies so I am once again on my back. I let out a soft sigh and place my hand on my stomach. "Mmm...Gerard," I whisper passionately. I cannot believe it. I can act!

I feel something cool sweep past by the foot of my bed and I know Gerard is now standing beside me, I can sense his closeness. I remain in that position for a while, now and again I let out a sigh, you know, just for effect. After a while I decide to go in for the kill, I roll over so I am facing where he is now standing and gasp in what I hope he recognizes as pleasure. Not too loudly though, I don't want to wake the old man up.

"Uhh...Gerard," I moan and squirm around on the bed sensuously. I should be ashamed of myself but I'm actually enjoying it in a sick sort of way. I roll around and pretty soon the duvet is at my feet so my whole half-naked body is exposed. I pray Gerard doesn't jump on me. I arch my back a little and repeat his name a couple more times before falling still. That may have been the best performance of my life! I deserve an Oscar, dammit! The whole room is silent and I am tempted to open my eyes a little to see whether I can spot Gerard but I don't want to risk getting caught- not after what I just pulled.

I nearly scream when I feel cold fingers trailing softly up my leg. I try to remain serene as his fingers inch up my thigh, I cannot believe he is violating me this way. Just because I pretended to have a naughty dream about him does not give him the right to molest me in my pretend sleep! His fingers stop where my negligee ends but they remain there. After my outrage has passed somewhat, I realize grudgingly, I am enjoying the contact of his skin on mine. His skin may be cold, but it is as smooth as silk and his touch is gentle.

He traces little circles on my thigh and a small sigh escapes my lips, only this time it is very real. Suddenly he removes his hand and I feel annoyed and that makes me even more annoyed with myself. I am beginning to wonder where he has gone when I feel something tickling my face. It is his hair and I struggle to keep my eyes shut. He blows ever so softly over my eyes but I don't flinch, his breath is cool but it smells so fresh, it reminds me of the ocean.

Now he is blowing into my ear and I shift a tiny bit as it tickles. I hear him chuckle in the dark. For some bizarre reason I want to grab him, throw him on the bead and do bad things to him. It must be all that coffee I drank, which reminds me I seriously need to pee. Instead I lay perfectly still, I can feel him moving and the next thing I know his lips are on my neck. I hope he's not going to bite me and suck me dry, it would be just great if my dad discovered the body of his dead daughter tomorrow morning wearing nothing but a few pieces of lace, but Gerard has other ideas. His silky lips move from my neck, up my chin and stop next to my lips. I shiver but still act as if I'm asleep, though I do wonder if he's still buying it.

He presses his lips to mine and I am tempted to kiss him back but I know I can't, I remind myself I have a town to save. His lips remain on mine and the temptation to throw my arms around his neck and surrender to him grows. I need to act fast so I roll over onto my other side away from him, the situation is not helped by the fact that I really need to go to the toilet or I just might explode.

I decide to put my excellent acting skills into use once more and prepare to wake myself up dramatically. I toss and turn and generally behave as if I'm having a terrible nightmare, then, out of the blue, I jolt upwards to sit up straight in my bed. I look around the room groggily and rub my eyes (seriously, man, I want an Oscar for this shit). I let out a sigh and crawl off my bed. I stand in the middle of my room and know Gerard is still in here somewhere. Well, I hope he is getting a good look at me, which reminds me, I need to cover my half-naked ass up just in case my dad happens to wake up. I don't want to scar the poor guy for life.

I grope around in the dark blindly until I find my fluffy pink bathrobe and open the door, after I have closed it firmly behind me I walk-run to the bathroom and do my business. As I am washing my hands I suddenly remember vampires have ridiculously sharp hearing, I curse loudly then bite my lip. I seriously hope Gerard had the grace not to listen while I was relieving myself.

When I get back to my bedroom I shrug of my bathrobe and let it fall to the floor. I peer around in the blackness and realize I can no longer feel Gerard's presence, I turn on the light and squint as the bright glare hits my eyes. I scan my room quickly-he is gone. My heart sinks but I don't know why, I should be glad the bloodsucker has vanished. I switch the lights back off and jump back into bed to really fall asleep. My theatrics are officially over for the night and my eyelids are beginning to fell heavy. The last thought I have before I fall into a deep sleep is what kind of effect my naughty behavior will have on Gerard.