Status: Active, but slow

Chase This Light

With The Girl at the Rock Show.

Five women. Three weeks.

Reid sighed a little as he got out of the SUV. Hotch took this case harder than before, but better than the team ever could hope for.

The women were picked up during their favorite concerts, in clubs all over Chicago. Unable to cancel the tour and losing the only thing connecting the victims, Reid and Morgan were sent to study the crowd tonight.

For Morgan, being home in Chicago was bittersweet. While he loved seeing his family, Reid knew he hated the violence hitting so close to home. Tonight though, Morgan was more relax than he had been in a while. He fed off the energy of the crowd, a smile broad on his face.

Reid was the total opposite. He liked the idea of concerts, with everything so new to him. It excited the genius in him to see everything work, to study the crowd. On the other hand, he hated crowds. Just so many opportunities for him to feel like an awkward little teenage boy all over again.

So here little anti-crowd Reid stood, at his first rock concert.

"Who's ready for the classic of all classics?!" the singer yelled into the mic, and the crowd roared back. For a second, Reid expected classical music, something he knew. But as the drums and guitar picked up, he knew he was terribly wrong.

'Hangin' out behind the club on the weekend. Actin' stupid, gettin' drunk with my best friend'. The singer fell into the crowd.

"Where do we start?" Reid asked, pulling his eyes away. Even though they were standing in the back of the club, circle pits formed around them, causing him to become nervous.

"Merch tables", Morgan said, nodding to the table swamped with preteen girls, "then security, the 'street teams' Garcia talked about and some fans. The band will probably have to wait in the morning. I'll get crowd and security, you want merch and street?"

The idea of having to defend himself in the crowd sent Reid's head spinning, so he quickly grabbed the list of members and merch guys Garcia had sent them, and ran off before Morgan could rethink his decision.

'I fell in love with the girl at the rock show. She said "What?" and I told her that I didn't know. She's so cool, gonna sneak in through her window'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Can you tell me any particular customers? Someone who thinks they are the band's only true fan, and would fight either men or women to prove it to them". Spencer asked, putting his badge back in his back pocket. Next to him, a young girl stared at his gun, a shocked expression on her face. Spencer quickly pulled him sweater over it.

"I see more than 250 kids a night", the merch guy was around 34-35 years old, his beard big and bushy. He was the type that focused only on what was directly in front of him. Even while talking to Spencer, he was still selling shirts. "Some nights, I confuse the band with fans. After seven, they all just seem to blend in". He said with a shrug. "Sorry dude- I wish I could help. I hope you get the mother fucker".

"I understand. Thank you". Reid sighed, making his way through the crowd of girls. He didn't expect much from someone surrounded by people, but still. He hoped to avoid the street team, consisting of fans from all over Chicago, by all means.

"You know who you should ask", one girl told him, leaning behind him to pass out the flyers, "Jasey. She's the band's tour manager, but she has her hands in everything. She makes the flyers", she held the stack in her hand up, and Spencer quickly read the tour dates. The band was staying in Chicago for the next three nights, "does ticket checking, sounds and lights, and fills in for anyone who can't show up. She even deals with security issues, if she's free. She'd have a better memory than the guys pulling out kids from the pit".

Reid's excitement shot. The idea of finally catching a break in the case was better than he could hope. "Jasey? Can you point her out to me..?"

"She doesn't really have time to talk once the show starts. This one's over at... 11:30? Honestly though, your best bet is calling her tonight, and just leaving her a message. I guarantee she'll call you back before tomorrow morning. I think I have a copy of her card...." she mumbled, digging through her back. "Yep. Her cell will be off, so make sure you leave her your number."

Reid was so happy, he thought he could kiss the girl. Instead, he thanked her profoundly, and took the card. On his way out of the club, he called Morgan.

"Where are you kid?" Morgan yelled into the receiver. The next band started up, and Reid winced at the feedback of Morgan's phone.

"I'll meet you outside", he repeated a couple of times, before heading towards the front door.

He walked past the ticket counter, where the lines where down to only a couple of kids. The women at the front of the line, (40 years old, fanny pack, daughter, hostile standing), stomped her foot with anguish.

"What do you mean you're sold out!"

"Um...." the 17 year old behind the podium stuttered. "W-we umm..... "

Spencer felt bad, watching the mother scream at the poor boy. The entry was mostly empty outside of the kids waiting to get in, with no other tour guys there to help him. Just as he was about to step in and help the stumbling boy that reminded him so much of himself, Spencer watched the oak door in the corner fly open.

"I've got it Jacob". Spencer turned, his eyes adjusting to the bright light from the backstage area. A women came walking towards them, causing Jacob to visibly relax. The women was dressed for work, from her efficient tank top, to her cargo pants wrapped with all different colored chords, down to the Converse on her feet, covered with measurements, names and numbers. "What can I do for you ma'am?"

"You can sell me a god-damn ticket!"

The young lady was the focus of Reid's attention. He watched her sigh, checking her back pocket, as if to pull out extra tickets. Once she discovered it was empty, she pulled her hair back, ready for battle.

"I'm sorry. This show has been sold out for three weeks-"

"I paid to have my daughter part of that fan club-". The girls eyebrows sent. Reid noticed that behind her thick rimmed glasses, her eyes were big and bold. The deepest green he had ever seen. They went well with her brown/blond hair that down, framed her face with the sideways bangs. Up though, Spencer could notice the red steaks on her under layers.

"Which means", the girl cut her off, "you got a letter in the mail notifying you about the tour. Plus, two additional emails warning you about the tickets selling quickly. Two emails, I wrote up. Addition to all of these warning, you had two week longer than all the other fans to buy your tickets. Was this not enough for you?"

The teenage girl standing behind her mother turned bright red, "I told you Mom!"

The mother turned and glared to shut up her daughter. "Jessica- you are not going along into the concert without me. Not with all these murders going on. You're not safe!"

Reid looked between the two of them, seeing his chance. "Excuse me ma'am. I think I could help". He got slightly nervous when he felt the women's green eyes on him, "I'm part of the FBI. We're here tonight, asking questions about the-"

"Look Mom!", Jessica cut him off, waving her hand in the air, "The FBI is here! How could I possibly be any safer?!"

Jessica's mother looked at Spencer, judging him based of his nerdy built. "Are you going to be here all night?"

"He did have a long list of people he has to question", Jessica pointed out the 'street team' member list in his hand.

Jessica's mother couldn't seem to think of another reason to stay by Jessica's side. She warned her daughter to be careful, before finally leaving.

Spencer smiled at Jessica's excitement, turning away from his good deed. Before he could get too far though, the women grabbed his arm.

"Hey. Thanks for saving me from the mother's wrath". Spencer turned, and the women smiled at him. "She was the fifth tonight."

They shared a laugh. "It's okay. Jessica doesn't fit the unsub's type anyway, so she'll be fine."

Before the women could answer him, the radio on her hip went off. "Jasey!", called a panicked man's voice, "Code orange! Code orange! Emergency code orange-"

Jasey took her hand off Spencer's arm. "Honestly Alex? I'll be there in two minutes with the soda. Calm down". She put the radio back with a slight sigh. "Thanks again. Maybe I'll see you after the show?"

Spencer tried to think of a witty Garcia-like response to tell her he was on his way out, but by that time she was too far-gone. He just waved at her and continued outside.

"Kid!", Morgan yelled, running up towards him. "Did you find someone?"

Spencer opened his mouth to answer, but the realization hit him.

Jasey
♠ ♠ ♠
abbyROMANCE, I've thanked you a thousand times for editing, and I'll thank you a thousand more :)

'Rock Show', Blink 182.