Status: Active, but slow

Chase This Light

Should Have Shown Up

Reid sat back in his seat, expecting the worst mocking that Morgan could deliver. They drove out of the complex, when Reid realized Morgan must have been waiting to see if he would look back. Or around the corner, where Reid thought he wanted to surprise attack him. It wasn't until they pulled into the Chicago Police's Office that he realized it really wasn't coming.

"Morgan?" Reid asked, slightly worried. It was completely un-Morgan like to leave the subject alone. Morgan had walked ahead of him though, bursting through the doors of the meeting room.

Inside, Hotch was finishing sharing all the information he knew with the rest of the police department. Morgan cut over him though. "Hotch, we can't go into this guys home. He's too smart. He won't confess to killing anyone."

"I know Morgan", Hotch said calmly, "Rossi brought that up. He hasn't tried to contact the band, or post anything on the blogs-"

"I don't understand", the chief cut in, running a hand through his hair, "You just said he was obsessed. Trying to prove that he's their biggest fan. Why would he not tell anyone else about it?"

"He knows how other's will judge him. He thinks that no one but the band will understand why he did the things he did. He knows that between the band and the fans, there's management in between." Reid said, taking a seat next to Emily, pulling Facet's file towards him.

"He's organized- stalks at night, leaves no evidence, charismatic to pick up girls even when they know there's a murderer around", Emily explained, "He's educated- he went to college and graduated in Business. It was probably in college he was exposed to the band, and became connected. He thought they understood everything he was going through, having these thoughts that he can't control."

"We're going to have to lure him in", Rossi sighed, "Expose him to the band, and try to get him to confess what he did for them." Reid snapped up, looking to Hotch. In the beginning of the case, Hotch and JJ had handled talking to the band. They explained why the tour had to go on, leaving out that the killer was killing for the band, knowing that the band wouldn't want to continue playing. The band believed he picked a band at random, for the fan group. They had a hard time continuing the band to finish off the tour- convincing them that the connections that the fans were at the club before being found in areas all around the city, would be the only way they would really ever find the killer.

"Dave, we can't do that", Hotch turned away, looking at the board. "We haven't told the band that the unsub is a fan-"

"Well, they're gonna have to face it at some point Hotch-"

"No". The 'final answer' tone Hotch delivered shocked the team, "I'm not letting them carry around the guilt of knowing the killings was caused by them. Find another way." The team looked around at each other, trying to come up with an answer.

"Well..." JJ started slowly. "We found him through a contest entry. Why don't we tell him he won a separate contest? The 'greatest fan' contest. That way, we can bring him to the club before any of the fans get there tonight."

"Tell him he won a meet with the band.", Emily picked up, smiling at JJ, "We can have the band playing in the background, but tell him he can't see them until he really proves he's a fan. Have Dave there, delivering simple questions and asking the big one, 'What do you deserve to see them?', and then we'll crack him!" They looked towards Hotch, who was still staring straight at the board. He took some time, balancing out the pros and cons, before nodding cuntly.

"Chief, we'll need to have the place surrounded. Call in your best men. JJ, call the manager and see if she's okay with us taking over the club. And the club owner. Make sure Garcia gets a response when she posts the contest." He turned, walking out of the room. As soon at the door shut behind him, the room busted into movement.

"Can I get that number from you Reid?" JJ asked as officers left the room. Emily followed after, talking Garcia through what they needed on a web site. JJ stood over the speaker phone in the center of the table, hand over the numbers, waiting.

"Yea, it's um.." He rambled off the numbers from his memory of the card, not looking up from the file. JJ turned to Morgan with raised eyebrows, but Morgan just smiled. She dialed the number, but by the time there was an answer, all who were left in the room was Morgan, Reid and JJ.

"Yo", JJ took a step back, shocked to hear a man's voice.

Her professional side took over almost instantly, "I'm looking for Jasey Summers. This is Jennifer from the FBI-"

"Uh, yea. One sec", the man pulled the phone away, but the team had no problem hearing him. "Jasey- it's the feds. They're looking for you. Yea, I've got it. Just some duct tape and it'll be fine. Thanks sweet."

"Hey Spencer", Jasey's voice came onto the phone, slightly breathless. Spencer smiled down at the file, blushing at Morgan and JJ's stare.

"Actually, this is Jennifer-"

"Oh! Sorry hun!" Jasey practically shouted into the phone. JJ laughed.

"It's perfectly normal. I'm calling for the team. We're gonna need your help tonight..."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Thanks again Jasey", JJ said, leaning back in her chair. She had planned the night with the chief on Chicago Police, Hotch and Jasey. Reid spent his time in the corner of the room, listening to the group.

"Totally JJ. Like I said, I just need to ensure that, obviously, my crew is safe. And that the time doesn't cut too close- if the show is gonna have to go on, I will need to have a sound check."

Hotch nodded. "Of course. The contest tells him to arrive at the club at a certain time, allowing you enough time afterwards to do everything needed." He nodded to JJ, who began wrapping up the conversation.

"I need to get my men ready", the chief sighed.

"I'll come with you chief. Reid, JJ- grab a vest. I'll meet you outside in 10". Both agents nodded, and soon Hotch was following the chief to round up the men.

Reid stood up, stretching and cleaning to files he had gone through. JJ gave him a sideways glance, "She's sweet." Reid blushed. Of course he knew who she was talking about, but that didn't mean he was going to let her know. "She seems like one of those mother like women- where they have no problem with anyone until they effect one of her own."

Reid had to smile at that- it was the same thought he had when he watched her defend Jeremy against the crazed mother. "She's really easy to talk to, too", JJ tried again, "She didn't mind defending her point, but she heard Hotch out more than a usually owner would."

Reid opened his mouth, but Morgan cut him off. He busted into the room, throwing a vest to both of them. "C'mon guys- Rossi wants to stop for a milkshake.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Emily had been trying to talk to Reid all night, but his mind couldn't have been any farther away. Now, they stood at the bar area of the club the band was performing tonight, watching the crew set up the stage. Jasey had been unseen to Reid before this point, but here she was on stage, arguing with Hotch.

"He should have been here by now", Reid mumbled, cutting Emily off from what she was saying. She quickly followed his eyes.

"Yea, he should have. But Reid, come on. There's so many factors in this plan, he could have totally missed our message too." Reid knew the doubt in Emily's voice. With so much tension, her and JJ's makeshift plan seemed more like a joke to the police officers around them.

"It's a good plan Emily", he ripped his eyes away from Jasey to smile at her. "It plays up to everything needed for him to fall for it. There's got to be another reason he's not here." On stage, Hotch nodded somberly, turning away from Jasey. As he walked up the two, Jasey started calling out names on stage.

"She's got to get her sound check in", Hotch answered Emily's opened mouth.

"Wh-"

"It's understandable. We don't want the band to cancel shows, and this has to be done. Plus, there's the added bonus the unsub is two hours late." Emily kept her mouth shut this time, glaring off to no one. Reid took this opportunity to join Morgan on the floor of the club.

"Check one, two", Jasey spoke into the mic. The police officers in the building all turned to her. She ignored them. "Check, two three. Mike, give me some mic." The group laughed and Jasey smiled.

"Morgan, it's okay she's doing this, right?" Reid asked. Morgan looked around the room at the police officers.

"I think we should welcome it, frankly. Eyes are all around us, miles away. I don't think he'll be able to get near without us knowing. And even if we can't end it in time, we can always just use it to lure him in more." Reid nodded, feeling better.

"Hey guys!" Alex screamed into the mic Jasey finished testing. "This goes out to all the unknown subjects that are late to their own bust!" The whole room laughed at that. "Oh- and Jasey. Who won the coin toss tonight, and picked this song before knowing how well it would fit!" The crew on stage clapped, and Jasey gave them a dramatic bow.

'I took a step back as the room was filling up- I was packed against some people who were tossing up a strong vibe' The lead singer fell onto the mic, smiling over at Jasey. She stayed on stage, mouthing the lyrics back to him. 'And I realize I don't recognize anyone, but I don't mind' .

The lead singer, still unknown to Spencer, grabbed Jasey's hand, but she wouldn't come anywhere near the mic. The room laughed as she ducked under his arm, shaking her finger at him. She turned away from him to the bassist, pointing to his bass. He nodded at whatever she mouth, and she turned to adjust an amp. 'You shoulda shown up, Shoulda shown up by now' .

Morgan's laughed boomed over the other, as they all realized how the song really connected to the night. Reid was all smiles, watching Jasey as she went to every member of the band but the lead singer. At Alex, she danced with him as he played. 'And you know why, Because that knock at the door, Calls the crowd to quiet'

Jasey turned to the lead singer, who stopped dancing with the mic stand to sing to her. She shook her head at him, but he threw himself to her knees and she laughed, messing up his hair. As he got back up, the slow part of the song made it look as though he was serenading her. 'There's no one left lying on the second story floorboards, And I'm sure they heard next door, But the bottles are hollow now, And there's room at the bottom, And I would take it back'. Jasey smiled widely as he sang, ‘If I could, but I won't!’

She laughed, allowing him to grab her hand and dance with him on stage to the final end of the song. The band all bowed, taking Jasey down with them, while the room clapped. Jasey pulled away from them, shaking her head and heading to the back of the stage.

"Target approaching!" the walkie-talkie on Morgan's shoulder screamed, "Facet- turning the corner in a gray SUV, the plates match".

"Come on guys!", Morgan called out, and the room broke out into action. Jasey came onto the stage again, ushering the crew and band members all into the side room that the SWAT team cleared out. Everyone took their places around the club, Dave relaxing as he sat on the edge of the stage.

"He's coming", Reid heard Hotch mumble. Together, they took a place behind one of the poles closet to the stage, Hotch facing the stage, Reid facing the door. He watched as Facet ran into the club, shouting.

"I'm here, I'm here!", he stumbled in, looking around. The confusion hit his face, obviously from the lack of people.

"Hello Andrew", Dave spoke from the stage, causing Andrew to jump back a bit.

"Hello?" he spoke with caution, taking a step forward, "There's a band here- I'm suppose to be meeting them?"

Dave nodded, moving to adjust himself on the stage. "Yes Andrew, you won the chance to meet the band. But to get there, you're going to have to prove your worth to me."

"My worth?"

"Tell me exactly why you deserve this chance. I mean, there's millions of fans out there- most of whom probably want this more than you."

Facet smiled. "Now that sir, that I doubt."

"Really?", Dave said, grabbing a file beside him. "From our records here, you've not even involved in the band's 'street team'. You're a member of the fan club, but you don't post on any of their forums, attend any of the meet and greets. From the looks of it, you've done the bare minimum to show the band how much they mean to you."

Facet dropped his smile. "That's stuff for preteen girls and the sluts that want to bag the rockstar. That's it- no self respecting fan will be seen in the scene-"

"Really? Cause the band can name off a couple of those girls- but with you, they're lost."

Facet looked pretty angry now. “Of course they wouldn’t tell you- they’re not going to turn in their true fans.”

David laughed a sound that bounced off the walls. Reid turned for a moment, to calculate once more the amount of man power they had hidden in the shadows. At least 30 men had their back pressed against doors, walls or poles. “Why can’t you just admit it Facet- you’re as insignificant as you’ve been your whole life.”

Facet took a step closer, causing the room to flinch. But he just continue to glare at Rossi. “You don’t understand- you’d never understand.”

“I understand that the band will care more about the girls that fill the stadium than they ever will about you-“

The last thing Reid saw was Facet jump to Rossi, right before all hell broke loose.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
I love Reid, even if he's not mine.

Thanks for edit- and beautiful review with text evidence!- Abbycus Forensicus!!
Quick question guys-
Can anyone tell me how I get a picture next to my story title?
I feel like I should know this...

'Neighbors'- The Academy Is...
Listen. Love.