Status: Thank you subscribers and commenters! I thank you...

Kidnapped by Someone Close

Lost

There was beeping sound all around. It smelled like some kind of cleaning solution. I couldn’t focus. It was too quiet and I wanted noise to happen so that I knew that I was alive. All I could see was darkness all around. I couldn’t even focus on the darkness it was that quiet.

Then, I heard it. It was small but small enough for me to fight the darkness and try to concentrate on what is going on around me. It was a small cough or clearing of the throat. Whatever it was it was pulling me through the scary quiet darkness.

Even though I still couldn’t move or speak I listened to the other little noises besides the breathing. There was only one person in the room and their hot breath was on my arm. I couldn’t hear other breathing so I was at least 99.9% sure of no one else being in the room. That hot breath was followed by hair tickling my arm. It was soft but had gel or something in it because it was sort of rough.

That’s when I heard his voice whispering to me. He must be asleep because his head was laying down on the bed. “Baby, please wake up…please…Meag don’t sleep forever.” That was all I could out because I knew tears where welling up thickly in my eyes. Even though I couldn’t move I still had emotions and they were thickening my breath. The heart rate machine started to speed up and I knew it sensed my over whelming need to comfort Blaise. Not only now but forever.

I felt him stirring and his head lift. His hand went to stroke my face on my heart slowed down instantly. I wanted him to comfort me and be comforted by me. “Meag…are you here?” I could hear the shed and unshed tears tearing at his voice.

More tears welled up and my heart began to speed up. I didn’t want him to be sad. They saved me. Got me away from a monster. It didn’t matter now.

As I became more aware to the things around me everything became aware to me. My body was sore, and not just the regular kind of sore. I thought that I would die from pain and that was saying something since I had suffered unyielding abuse for months now.

Blaise still talked to me and his thumbs stroked the side of my face. He was saying that my parents had left for the night but Tanner ran out to get us some coffee. He said that I will be fine that Jas will never get me ever again. I believed him too.

It was about an hour later and my heart was back to its normal pace. I just try to think about Blaise’s voice and not how much pain I was in. I could deal with it as long as I could wake up and say I survived. I didn’t think about anything else and eventually I heard the door open and close and small footsteps on the ground.

“How has she been since I left dude?” My breath hitched a little and I hear my heart rate accelerate as I try forcing myself to awaken. It wasn’t working and I heard the small footsteps rushing over to me.

“Much like that the whole time. It’s like she knows we’re here or something when the doctor said she isn’t supposed to be up for another day or so after her last wake up.” I wonder what happened last time. Trying again to move my numb fingertips, this causes pain to shoot though my spin. I try not tear up but finally my fingers got the message that I wanted to move them and they moved slightly.

“Well if she’s supposed to still be unconscious, why the fuck did her left hand just move in mine?” Tan asked and it takes me aback. My hand is in his? When did it get there?

“Meag…are you up sweetie?” Blaise touched my cheek again and I try turning my face into the caress. I wish my body would work with me.

“Move your fingers again sissy if you are aware of what we’re saying.” Tan says get close enough to my face that I can smell his coffee coated breath. Focusing on the simple task of moving my had was easy, making them was completely different. I hear them sigh when nothing happens and I force my frozen limbs to move.

“They just moved again Blaise.” He almost yelled because he was so excited.

“Can you do it once more for us?” Blaise asked quickly his hand stroking my sore eye lids. The fingers of my left hand are obeying me now and I try working on my other hand. I can tell they were getting excited because I moved my fingers in TanTan’s hand.

“Are you able to move your other hand? Move your left again if you can and don’t if you can’t.” I still my jumpy muscles in my hand and keep still.

There was a silence as I continued to move my other hand. “Blaise go get the doctor and I’ll call my parents.” A pause, they must be glaring at each other. “Just go fucking get the doctor for her please,” the hand gently stroking my cheek removed itself and soft lips kiss mine.

There was a growl when the lips didn’t instantly pull back from mine and eventually there was a smacking sound which I assumed was Blaise getting hit. “Get off her you son of a bitch and get the doctor.”

There was a throaty chuckle then footsteps followed by the door. “I don’t know what you see in him you know.” I wish I could laugh at that with Tanner. I hear beeping other then the machine and know that he is calling my calling our parents.

Tuning him out, I start to work on my right hand and toes. I can worry about my eyes and all that later as long as my body parts are all there and functioning. Once the door reopens and I hear Blaise and someone I don’t know talking I know that doctor is back. Still I tune them out and finally get my right hand in full operation. That’s when I heard them talking to me.

“I do see what you’re talking about Mr. Adams but she isn’t supposed to be up so we are going to have to give her more pain meds.”

I fought deep down to use my voice. My throat seemed closed off and I forced myself to try and no my head or lift my heavy blinding eye lids. Tanner squeezed my hand and tried to sooth me. “Please just let her try to open her eyes. Or try talking to us. My parents want to see her while she’s up. They are on their way right now and they haven’t seen her in as long as me. Please just let her try.”

“Ok Mr. Jackson but I’ll be here in half an hour to give her the medicine.” That was it and then the door opened and closed so obviously he left the room.

I felt my eye lids fluttering and it was painful to fight of the growing pain and drowsiness. “Look Tan her eyes.” Blaise’s hand went back to my cheek.

Within ten minutes my eyes were open and my parents were surrounding me and waiting until my struggle to reclaim my sore, worn out body was over. When they finally opened, I blinked constantly against the lights for about half a minute. When my blurry sight clears I look at all the faces of those who love me and tears well up thickly in my eyes. They were all here.

I was free, my battle against life was won and I was free. My appointed doctor walks in shocked to see me fully alert and awake. With this alertness comes the full pain of my body. My thighs hurt and the spot where my cervix and womb are located felt like they had been shocked to death.

“Well it’s nice to actually get to meet you Miss Jackson.”

“Back at you doc.” My hands rub my sore stomach and I see everyone looking at me. “How is the baby?” I ask skeptically.

“Well why don’t we give you your pain medication and when you wake up later we talk about all that’s happened?” He stands at the foot of my bed and jots stuff down on my chart.

“No! I want to know what happened. How is the baby?” I screech as everyone shed tucks. “NO! This can’t be happening. NO! NO! NO! Not my baby!”

The doctor calls for a nurse and two hurry in. Blaise just holds my hand and mom is holding my other and rubbing my forehead trying to calm me. It doesn’t work and one nurse holds my arm down that is flailing around and the other sticks me with a needle.

My struggling lessens and I cry thinking about my lost child. It was all that bastards fault. If he just would’ve let me go. I could’ve protected my baby but I’m a horrible mother and that was that.

About three hours or so later I wake up with Blaise, whose thumb stroke mine and head look at our joined hands, being the only one in the room again. “Where are they?”

He snaps his head up to look at me. “They left. Tanner said he needed a break that he was going to go crazy here so mom and pops took him to their house. They said that I should go to but I couldn’t convince myself to.” Nodding I look at my flat stomach and tears break loose and Blaise wraps his arms around my laying form and holds me.

He presses the call button on the side of the bed and tells the doctor I’m up. Soon the head nurse and the doctor enter the room. “Feeling better?”

“If you call losing a month old fetus to a monster good then yeah I’m better I guess.” My tone was dead and I just let Blaise comfort me.

“We have to talk to you about that also.” I look at m him as the nurse changes the IV bag. “We are very sorry for you lose Miss Jackson--”

“It’s Meagan.” Interrupting, I state dully. Tears stain in rivers down my cheek.

“Meagan then. We just want you to know that during all this we tried to keep the fetus alive. It lasted maybe two days after we got you stitched up and cleaned. We think it’s because most of your ribs were cracked so it punctured the baby’s embryonic sack and that we couldn’t fix.” He stops as a sob breaks loose from my throat.

That little baby fought to stay alive and almost did. It’s all my fault I didn’t do this sooner. “Go on please if there’s more.” It’s like Blaise read my mind.

“There is. We ran test while you were asleep, by consent of your guardian, after the miscarriage.” The word added to the never ending tears. “And we just got the test results back in.” He paused as the nurse opened and shut the door quietly as she left. “I am sorry to inform you but there is a 97.9% chance you won’t ever be able to conceive again.”

Through my steadily pouring tears I try to speak. “Wh-wh-what?”

“What do you mean she won’t be able to conceive again?” Blaise practically yells at the doctor.

“We ran a test that took pictures off the ovaries and womb. And it showed that the person who did this to you messed up your reproductive system. We ran the rape kit and saw that fluids were still present after me cleaned you and before you miscarried. We figure with the constant abuse and the constant rape and mutilation that he messed it up.” He paused as I try to clam my racing heart that everybody could hear down the hall and beyond.

“There still is that small chance that you can, and still have natural birth too but it would be a high risk pregnancy. I believe that if you did get pregnant again then it would be God’s way of showing you that whoever you’re with is who you’re supposed to be with.”

“Yeah well thanks for that.” Sarcasm seeped out of my voice and I nearly growled at him.

“I am truly sorry ma’am.” He gets ready to leave after jotting stuff down. When he reaches the door he stops. “Look the police will be here in about ten minutes to talk with you. Jason Markum’s trial is in a few weeks and they want to talk to you about it.” With that he was gone.

“So what do you think?” I asked quietly. Tears stopped and his name I was filled with anger for everything he took from me.

“About what love?”

“About my reproduction problems.” I stated simply and push him away slightly. He only holds tighter.

“I don’t give a shit about that. It’s not the reason I love you and it doesn’t affect me.”

“Yes it does. I know how much you want babies. You want them a lot. You always wanted to be a father and I can’t give you little tiny Blaises and Maeagans! I am a fucking failure to you and you will never be able to get over the fact that I can’t have kids and you’ll leave me!” Tears well up thickly in my eyes and I try to push them away.

“You’re wrong. I will be with you as long as you want me to be with you…Well whenever it’s legal for us to be together then I’ll be with you as long as you want me to. If we ever want kids we can adopt.”

“Sure, that’s what you say now.” Before he can say anything two investigative police walk into the room.

“We’ll finish talking about this later.” He stands and I quickly grab his arm. The heart monitor starts to record my erratic heartbeat. My body was throbbing and in pain but I didn’t care. If he left now I would have a heart attack.

When he sat back down, the monitor slowed down slowly. “Umm…Miss Jackson?”

“It’s Meagan.” I say lamely.

“Of course it is.” The female officer said as she smiled and sat in a chair next to the bed. “We just wanted to know if we could ask you a few questions.”

“Of course, what do you officers need to know?”

“Oh just where he took you when he kidnapped you?” the male officer asked as he stood next to the woman who looked like she was four months pregnant. I quickly looked at Blaise who cupped my face and supported me.

“He took me to his house and then some apartment about five hours away. But I stayed at his house for the first two months.”

“Your brother said he’d visited frequently and never saw any sign of you living there, why is that?”

“I was locked in the basement when anyone came over. If I made noise he would make and excuse and go to the basement and beat me.”

“Has he ever broken anything during his beatings?” The lady officer asked.

“Only once did he ever come close. Other than that it’s just bruise and bones out of place.”

“I heard that you were pregnant, and I’m sorry about your lose but how did you know for sure you were pregnant?” The lady asked quietly. Something in my mind snapped.

“Why the fuck would you ask? You can fucking talk to the doctor. He can confirm that I was, look what if you lost that baby because some punk you tried to arrest came at you and beat the shit out of you. You not only lose your baby but the fucking opportunity to have others?” I hear the heart monitor going crazy and a nurse comes in to check on me.

“No we just want to know how you found out. Was there anyone he took you to?” She raised her hand in defense.

“His aunt or somebody in the family. He took me their when something looked like it was broken. She never knew I was a missing kid because she didn’t live in town.” I paused as the nurse quietly left the room. “She was a regular person. I mean she didn’t know anything but she was curious as to why I would always come in with new bruises or things like that.”

They were taking notes of my every word. “If we asked you to testify against him, would you be able to?” The male asked.

“The district attorney would be there and helping you through it. All you would have to do is answer questions much like these.” The woman put in.

“Sure if it puts that scum bag behind bars and away from me forever, I’ll do anything.”

Blaise kisses my noise and grabs my hand. The officers say that they’ll come back tomorrow when I’m feeling a little better and the D.A. with be with them so that we can talk. As they were leaving the woman turns and looks at me.

“I was told to inform you that Mr. Markum is pleading insanity. He’ll have a regular trial but it will be more like to prove he’s sane and then if he loses he will be retried against the crimes against you. So you’ll have to testify twice. We think though if he loses his insanity case that he will in fact lose the regular case so just be ready.” The man turns also and speaks up.

“If this trial has enough evidence against him, it’ll only take one and he won’t get another trial against you. They think the lowest amount of years he’ll serve is twenty to life. Just be ready when the D.A. comes tomorrow, she’ll explain better than we can.”

Nodding I say good night and ask if they can send in my nurse. They nod also and head out. Turning my face towards Blaise, I look deep in his eyes. This was so much stress and it’s killing me.

“Ma’am you wanted me?” The nurse asked as she walked in.

“Can I have me pain meds?” Blaise smirked, the nurse said she’ll be right back, and I put my fingers up to his mouth. “What can I do?”

“Testify against a maniac. Put his ass in jail. But most importantly, don’t worry about not being able to have our babies.” With that he kissed me and I laid back and closed my eyes. I was always going to worry about it but for now I would take one step at a time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know guys I SUCK but get over it. Just please don't hate me! Anyways so just saying thanks to my loyal fans you guys rock. Ok so the last chapter (sad face) is already typed and it's way way way long. So just to let you know I won't be updating until Thrusday or Friday depending on you guys. If i get more subscribers and comments then I'll update sooner! =)