Strangers in the Rain

Strangers In The Rain

"Great! Cos thats exactly what I need right now! Rain! Fucking rain! Stupid percipitation coming down in fucking buckets just so I can then walk into an electic fence and die! I'm going to die! Fantastic!" I screamed at the top of my lungs in the middle of the park arms in the air on my knees sobbing slightly. I got a few strange looks from those passing by on their way to get out of the new unleash of unpouring rain. I sat on the ground right next to the statue of an army solider holding his gun by his side made from a maxiture of granite and some kind of metal alloy. I held my hands to my face clawing it ever so slightly. My hair was flat against my head and my pathetic jacket I could feel the dye I had used a few days ago beginning to seep from the roots and tips. I could feel my canvas converse shoes beginning to come apart. I could feel my jeans splitting along the westest tightest parts making my skin become extremely cold. I could feel all the blocks on everything in my brain beginning to be faulted and broken apart. I could feel myself loose control even more than before. I could also feel every single persons eyes watching me as though I was a crazed lunatic. I backed myself away so I had my back against the base of the statue. I bought my knees to my chin and encircled my arms around my knees burrying my face into my soaked knees. I wasn't going to move from the exact spot I sat in. Not until it stopped raining or I got struck by lightening or got hit by a bus or something like that.

"I know this is sort of a stupid weird question from a stranger but have you conisdered a break down inside?" I looked to the side ever so slightly to see a black haired stranger sitting next to me not seemingly being at all bovered at all my the unleashing clouds. He seemed extremely comfortable. "It would involve a lot less water and a lot less washing when you get home. But then again then I wouldn't be able to take you to coffee." The stranger stood up and held his hand out to help me up, his hand was pale and wet and continued to drip while rain poured onto his hand. I looked at his pale hand a little supiously. "Its ok it won't bite," he smiled still waiting for me to except his 'helping hand.' "Free caffine," he taunted, I didn't even know his name and he knew my one strongest weakness. Maybe he was pshyic. Or maybe it was obvious on my face. Or maybe the rain hadn't washed the smell of caffine from my prescene. Or maybe everyone in the state of New Jersey loves coffee. Or maybe it was just a genuine guess. "Soooo, come on whats the worst that could happen. I suppose it would be me being an axe murderer in which case at least me chopping your head off might make your day that tiny bit better. And maybe the thing I actually want to do, take a pretty wet girl out to coffee, might make your day that tiny bit better." I blinked up at him and he waved his hand around a little. It was now or never. And he was right. What was the very worst thing that could happen? I placed my hand in his and he helped me to my feet. He shot me a brief smile before turning towards the wet grey pavement and ran towards the Starbucks across the street. As we ran we crossed crack after crack, there was even an extremely smugged chalk drawing some extremely upset kids were looking at sadly. Looks like no one was exactly enjoying the rain. Except the black haired stranger pulling me at a run across the street. We ran past other people running, quick walking and holding items above their heads heading for shelter. I even saw one guy holding a piece of cardboard above his head. Soon it would turn to moolch and collapse onto him, just like my entire life.

We were soon inside the steadily heated Starbucks with a few people drinking coffee some of them were dry and had obviously either been here before the downpour or had made an extreme escape. We were members of the 'wet' group of the customers. The guy pulled me to the counter. He placed his order and then looked at me to tell the robot worker what heavily caffinated beverage I wanted.

"Black two sugars," simple yet extremely effective. The guy smiled at me as he realised it was the first time I had spoken in his prescene. Our coffee was made robot fast. The guy grabbed the cardboard holder and took my hand leading me over to a empty booth next to the window on the quietest side of the shop. He helped me to slide into the booth and then took his seat opposite placing our coffee between us. I took my large cup at took a sip immediately feeling my shivering body warm to the liquid in my throat.

"Now do I have to go all physcologist on you or are you going to cooperate and tell me whats wrong?" He asked smiling ever so slightly, I could tell this guy was dead serious though. I looked him the eyes which were slightly hidden underneathe his dripping black hair some pieces stuck to his forehead. His eyes were a light hazel which in the light may be mistaken for a green. I placed my chin on my fist. Should I spill my guts to the most gorgeous stranger I had ever met in my entire life? When I didn't even know his name?

"I don't even know your name?" I stated simply shrugging slightly, I fidled with the heat protector on my cup before taking a long mouthfull. He chuckled slightly as he placed his cup on the table again.

"The names Gerard Way, yours?" He asked holding my gaze his eyes were a tiny bit of a marvel.

"Alexis King, not related to Stephen King just got the same last name, but man I wish I was that guy is an amazing writer," I smiled slightly.

"Lexi, i'm gunna call you Lexi," Gerard smiled.

"Then i'm calling you Gee," I nodded to him determind that if I got a nickname so would he. He chuckled again and took another drink from his cup.

"So now I gather that you haven't had the best day ever, so what happened? Lets start with whatever dream or nightmare that you had last night, or the night before, or where ever it began." Gerard smiled leaning his head on his fist and tilting his head slightly to the left.

"The beginning of everything? So I have to go back to the day I was born when my dad 'accidently' dropped me," I made it obvious that I thought it in no way an accident. Gerard shook his head to clear his eyes and splatter me with water slightly, he ran one of his hands through his wet matted hair.

"Well then was the slight breakdown from brain damage?" He smiled slightly trying to make light of the situation. I shook my head and couldn't help but smile.

"Well I can be slightly bonkers but not clinically. Its mainly just things in my life have been falling apart, I lost my job, my boyfriend, I got kicked out today and have yet to find a new place, my car doesn't work and I don't have the money to fix it and just as I was going for a tiny walk it started to pour down. Oh and a bunch of my stuff got ruined and I don't have the money to replace it with my huge debut."

"Well I see the cause for your breakdown Miss King, so your single?" He asked.

"Extremely," I sighed lightly. "And theres just no chances of anything getting better so all of that out there was be holding up my hands and giving up."

"Well heres a crazy idea," Gerard sat upright and spoke with an extremely enthusastic tone, "lets not give up and try. Cause I know a couple of issues that I can help out with."

"Which would be?" I didn't need to be in debut with some guy I met in the middle of the rain today. What else could he really help with. Like he said he might be an axe murderer so I wasn't about to move in with him. And what could he really do to get me a decent enough job to get rid of my bills and get me a place to live.

"Well maybe," Gerard trailed off as he gently caressed my cheek with the back of his hand which now seemed to burn my cheek with just that simple touch. He leaned forwards across the table and gently placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Oh, that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, should I make this into a full story?