Strangers in the Rain

Chapter 18

We kissed for quite some time, but it never escalated from there. We just stood kissing, him holding my waist, me running my fingers through his hair. When we’d both run out of every last breath we broke apart. Neither of us spoke while we got our breath back though.

“Well, you certainly are a better kisser than your brother,” I smiled when I could speak again. Mikey chuckled.

“Thanks,” he moved the hair from my eyes and took my hand. “I can also win a girl over a lot better than my brother. Unlike him I actually know how to treat a girl.”

“Oh, so you’re the ladies man of the family.” I smiled. He nodded, proud of himself. I rolled my eyes and laughed as I pulled him into the other room, leaving the beers on the floor as they had now been deemed a health and safety hazard. “So, wanna watch a movie or something?”

I went into work the next day hoping beyond belief that it was Franks day off. I was having a little trouble hiding the mark Mikey had left on my neck during the movie, but I at the time I didn’t have the heart to tell him to stop and I was enjoying myself. But we didn’t sleep together or anything like that. I'm not that easy.

Unfortunately Frank seemed to be waiting for me. As soon as I sat at my desk he popped up.

“How have you been?” He asked my quietly, I shrugged and turned on my computer, any excuse not to look him in the eye. “Is that a good kind of shrug or a bad kind of shrug?” I shrugged again. Frank let out a sigh. “I wanna see you in my office in half and hour, I'll get the coffee and you can’t actually talk instead of shrugging. I am still your boss you know.” So now Frank was getting all tough boss on my ass. Just the day I could do without it. He wouldn’t be happy I had turned down Gerard and made out with Mikey on the same day. They’re his friends and I know he would stick up for Gerard, he’s the one who would be hurt if he found out about this. But then again I am a single girl and I can do what I want with who I want.

Half an hour passed way to fast for me. I walked into Franks office dragging my feet as I went.

“Take a seat, Lex,” Frank said, sliding my coffee to the edge of his desk. I picked it up and fiddled with the lid. “So you going to tell me why you are being so quiet, or are you just going to be mute for the rest of your life?”

“I'm fine, Frank, nothings happen. Honestly.” I said smiling. I can be a good liar but for some reason my lying skills were failing me today.

“No, you may be fine but you’re hiding something. And I bet it has something to do with the hickey you tried to hide on your neck.” Damn it. Why does that man have to have good eye sight? And why does he have to be so damn nice? “Well. Come on spill. What's going on?” Although he doesn’t seem to be able to piece together the mark and the fact Mikey came over last night.

“No one,” I shrugged.

“It’s a bit fishy that on the same day you decide to never give it a try with Gee that you find a guy willing enough to give you that. There is something really important you’re not telling me.” He said. I took a long sip from my coffee to avoid the questioning.

“Well, just mind your own business Frank, you may be my boss but this doesn’t concern you.” Well it does but he doesn’t need to know that.

“Seeing as it was the same day and Gee is one of my best friends I think it does concern me, Alexis.” I bit my lip not sure of what to say. I couldn’t tell him the truth. He would hate me. Gee would hate me. He would hate his own little brother. “And it’s the same night that Mikey disappears.” I gulped, please say he hadn’t joined the dots, please let it be that he thinks that’s a coincidence. “Hold on.” Damn. “Mikey left at the same time as you. Did he stay around you apartment? Did he give you that?”

“It has nothing to do with you!” I said a little loudly.

“Sorry, Lex, but when it comes to both of the Way’s I'm afraid it has more to do with me than ever. So you turn down the oldest to get in the little ones pants. Is that it? You wanted a piece of both of them? Thought you could have the best of both? Well? This is messing around with peoples emotions Lex and I think it’s about time you realised that. I know you can’t work things out with Gerard and I understand why, but just to go and jump on Mikey the same day? Surely you see that’s not right, don’t you?”

“Look, I didn’t sleep with him. We just kissed. But I didn’t mean for any of this to happen. Mikey was the one who kissed me first. And I am single even if he’s Gerards brother I can kiss who I want.” I held my own pretty well.

“Does Gerard even know?”

“I haven’t spoken to him since yesterday. Unless Mikey told him then I would have to say no.” Frank told me to leave and go back to work, he had my mess to start clearing up. Sure I saw that the hole brother thing was an issue but it’s not like I had said there was hope for Gerard and I. He knew nothing would happen with me and him so why can’t stuff happen with me and Mikey. It’s not like we slept together and it’s not like we’re getting married!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been a while. But this may be it for about a month, it's my birthday tomorrow then my party (and i'm meeting John Green!!) Then I go on holiday get back for 4 days then go to Disney land florida for another holiday, August is a packed month. So I wrote this to fill the time. Something will be along in September by the latest!