Status: Hiatus until I finish my other story.... Sorry guys

The Game - Put on Your Pokerface and Don't Lose Your Mind

Chapter 7

When the countdown finally reached its destination, the tension around the clearing was oppressing. Everyone was waiting for what might come next. How will the Away Team enter the house? Will they use the door, or will they use one of the windows - as they had pointed towards then a couple of times? What will happen in the house? Was their speculation about the weapons correct? Could the people of the game really allow the students here to get hurt?
Everyone held their breath when the laser clock above the house blinked
0:10 ...
0:09 ...
0:08 ...
0:07 ...
0:06 ...
0:05 ...
0:04 ...
0:03 ...
0:02 ...
0:01 ...
0:00


The Away Team stormed the house. With Military precision the three boys entered from three different point. One from the front door, another from the back door and another had climbed an tree and entered through a window on the upper floor.
Everything was quiet as the groups outside the house anticipated what would happen next.
Above the house the countdown had started again. But other then that, nothing interesting seemed to happen. Frustrated Jossy tried to loosen up again by turning on her earplug computer and searching through the gimmicks again. Suddenly she saw a small red light blink in the lower right corner of her screen which see concentrated on to activate it.
She gasped at what she saw next. In front of her eyes the inside of the house appeared and showed one of the Virginia boys silently tip-toeing through an corridor.
Quickly she turned to the other girls and told them to start their screen and concentrate at the blinking light. They also gasped when they saw the inside of the house.

They followed the Virginia-boy (VA-boy) for a few more seconds, but soon the perspective changed and showed the head of one of the boys from Ontario (ON-girl / ON-boy). The boy noticed the VA-boy and got ready to defend himself. As if on que the VA-boy saw the ON-boy and jumped him.
“Where’s the disk?” the VA-boy hissed, holding the ON-boy down. He just glared at the boy on top of him and pushed him away, taking the opportunity to get on top of the military boy and blowing a couple of punches at him. However, the military boy was stronger then the canadian and soon threw him of too attack himself. A full out fist fight exploded.

All of a sudden the camera jumped away from the fighting-scene and showed another, seemingly empty room. The door beneath the camera flew open and the other ON-boy came running in, banging the door shut behind him. Swiftly he let himself fall on the floor and vanished under the bed that stood in the middle of the room.
Slowly the door underneath the camera opened again and this time revealed another of the VA-boys.
“Come out, come out where ever you are” he cooed and closed the door behind him, turning the lock that was in the key-hole. “I know your in here. You can’t hide yourself from me.
“Come on, we can do it the hard and the easy was. Just tell me where the disk is and I just leave you here - unharmed.” The boy waited for a few seconds before continuing, “or off course we can do it the hard way. Meaning I’ll have to beat it out of you.” He now stood in front of the bed.
Again the camera perspective changed and showed the boy under the bed. There was fear in his eyes, but he kept quiet. Jossy saw him glance at his watch. Which made her look up at the countdown above the house. 24:56
The boys face scrunched up. ‘He’s in for a lot of pain‘ she thought to herself when she saw the resolve in his eyes gain on strength.
The VA-boy picked up the bed and threw it to the side, revealing the other boy. With finesse the boy pulled the other one up and pushed him against the wall. “Now tell me!” he ordered.
The other just glared at him and spat in his face. “Never”
“Then you leave me no choice.” VA-boy said while pulling back his arm.
Before Jossy saw the fist connecting the picture changed again. This time it showed the girl who had hidden herself in an cupboard. Everything was dark around her, only a small light showed through a slit in the cupboard door. Outside of the cupboard one could hear footsteps nearing.
All of a sudden the doors of the cupboard were ripped open, showing the last of the VA-boys, with an shocked expression. When the camera perspective changed the onlookers could also see why he had an shocked look on his face.
The girl was holding something and pointing it at her opponent...
Jossy’s jaw slacked when she identified the weapon in the girls hands. “Oh my god, she’s got a gun” she whispered and felt her team mates stiffen.
Nimbly Jossy grabbed their travel bag and hugged it tightly to her body, while watching the scene in front of her eyes unfold.

The girl sat in the cupboard facing the boy, while pointing the glistening gun at him. Shocked the boy backed away. Jossy could see the girl trembling terribly.
“Where did you get that?” the boy asked backing away even more.
“It was in our bag.” she answered truthfully and stood up from her place in the cupboard, her eyes never leaving the boy.
“That thing is dangerous.” he stated carefully.
“I know. So best you make no wrong moves. Now turn around and start leading me to your team mates.” she said, voice shaking a bit. She carefully watched as the boy anxiously turned around and started walking. At a safe distance she followed him. Soon the two of them reached the room with the fighting boys that they had seen at the start.
“Stop it” she yelled and pointed her gun at the ceiling for a second to give up a shot.
All three males froze in place - as did all of the people outside of the house that heard the shot being fired. Immediately the two fighting boys separated and the canadian boy joint his team mate with the gun.
“What are you doing!” he whispered fearfully.
“Winning.” the girl stated and waved at the boys to lead the way to their third. Anxiously the two boys stiffly made their way to search for the last pair.

For a minute the picture changed and showed the two other boys frozen in the room they had been in beforehand.
“What was that?” the american boy hissed at the other who looked dumbstruck.
“A -a -a gunshot?”
“Why do you guys have a gun?” the boy ordered and choked the weaker boy a bit more.
Trying to catch some air the weaker boy answered. “I- i- it was in our b- b- bag.”
“Fuck!” the american boy shouted, pushing the canadian away from him and started pacing the room. “Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!”

Again the camera changed the picture and showed the group of four walking through the hallways. Soon they reached the locked door.
“Open it” the girl ordered and made her opponents break down the door with their shoulders.
The picture changed again as soon as the door was thrown open and the two americans stumbled into the bedroom. Now it seemed to be filming from the doorframe and showed both the girl with the gun looking into the room - except for right behind the door and the third boy who had found himself a lamp that he hovered over his head, ready to hit. As soon as the girl entered the room the american boy let his hands fall down, striking the girl over her head. For a second the screen went black and all you could hear was a shot ringing through the house and out into the forest...

When the picture came back up the whole scene seemed to be frozen. The girl was laying on the ground - face first, gun still in her hands, still pointing at the one of the american boys - who was now wearing a shocked face and was clutching his stomach, slowl sinking towards the floor. The other four boys were frozen in shock...

0:10 ... the groups out side of the house started chanting when the countdown reached the last ten seconds. Inside nobody moved - also the New Jersey Team stayed frozen in place.
0:09 ...
0:08 ... One of the VA-boys ran over to the girl and started searching her.
0:07 ...
0:06 ...
0:05 ...
0:04 ... One of the ON-boys shook of the shock and tried to pull the other boy away from the girl
0:03 ... The VA-boy found what he had searched for: The disk.
0:02 ... Quickly he ripped the gun from the girls hand and clutched the disk against his ribcage, holding the other boy in check with the gun.
0:01 ...
0:00 ...

GAME OVER
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
So this is the first game that was played on Spades Island.
Did you like it?
Just for your information: The idea of this Home and Away game came from the manga "Bus Gamer" by Kazuya Minekura.
Please Comment!
(I want at least one new comment before I'll post the next chapter! (Sorry... but I'm desperate...) Please tell me what you think so far!!!)