Status: Complete

Without Me, You're Nothing

Listen up

I hurried towards Christine and reached out for her arm and spun her around. "Oh!" I squealed after taking in a glimpse of her face. Her eyes were red and full of tears waiting to make their escape. She sniffled looking down at her feet.

"A girl slipped on some milk and her lunch came down on me." I nodded reaching for her hand.

"Come one." I guided her to the girl's bathroom and set down the clean shirt away from the sink. "We should try and get some of that gunk out of your hair." She nodded removing the bows from her hair.

I tried my best to get the macaroni out of Christine hair. When I finished the sink was yellow and had little noddles inside. "Here you can barrow my shirt." She half smiled taking it from me.

'Thanks." I nodded and grabbed some paper towels and cleaned the surface around the sink.

"So what did you and Devin talk about after I left?" Christine shrugged her shoulder pulling her hair up into a pony tail.

"Nothing important. I'm so glad I'm not dating him anymore." I sighed shaking my head grinning at Christine's reflection in the mirror.

"Look at yourself!" I said pointing at her reflection. "Do you seriously think your better off without Devin here? You're a mess. Look at all the crap that's happened to you this morning." She rolled her eyes turning at me scowling.

"I don't need Devin OK! He swears he's my freaking savior! I'm not his fucking sidekick Miranda! I'm a person." I chuckled crossing my arms over my chest.

"You don't get it do you? Here Christine! At school it appears like that. But out there." I said pointing to the window. "Out there you're his savior. You need him and he needs you. You swear he doesn't treat you right and that he parades you around like a trophy? I only wish he would treat me his own sister as well as he treats you." She bursted into laughter throwing his head back.

"Oh please! I'm like his shadow."

"That's because you've made no attempts at being the actually figure! You put yourself in his shadow. I can't begin to count the amount of opportunities you've had to make yourself stand out. You assume that since he's your boyfriend that he should drag you out himself."

"Whatever Miranda you have no idea what your talking about!"

"No you have no idea what you're talking about!" I shouted stepping closer to her."I hate to be the barer of bad news, but wake up and smell the coffee. Without Devin you're nothing. You need him" She glared at me shaking her head in disgust

"You're just saying that because he's your brother." I laughed angrily shaking my head in disbelief .

"No. I'm saying it because its the truth. Look at yourself! You're falling apart Christine!" She shoved past me to the door then stopped and turned to face me.

"I don't need him." She sad her face expressionless. I shook my head putting one hand on my hip and the other near the sink.

"You believe what you want." Then she left. Can a person be anymore hard-headed. You explain to them that they're wrong and that they should just come to their senses, but no. They just have to be right all the time. They have to fall flat on their face before they can be proven wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Subscribe <3