Status: Complete

Without Me, You're Nothing

Complete me

As the final bell rang I sighed heavily wondering how the rest of Christine's afternoon went. I slid out of the classroom in a hurry then began searching the halls for Miranda. I couldn't spot her anymore and my eyes found their way to Christine's. She was staring at me and I shrugged my shoulders sympathetically, and walked over to her.

"How was the rest of your day?" I asked looking down at my feet. Christine groaned rolling her eyes then slammed the door to her locker. Her mood quickly shifted from depressed to piss of.

"It was just as bad as my morning. I tripped on my way to Calculus, then I got hit in the head with the volleyball in gym like five freaking times. You satisfied?" I chuckled shaking my head.

"Typical. I should have known you'd be this bitchy about things. Why can't you just get over the fact that here you need me."

"I don't need anyone."

"Your right." She glanced up at me surprised as I continued speaking. "You don't need anyone, you need me. But not as badly as I need you." She laughed angrily throwing her head back. Did she not listen to the last sentence I just stated? Must she be so arrogant? "Christine-"

"No. Devin just leave me alone OK." Then she walked away from me. Why can't she just understand the fact that in school she's a nobody without me? It's not like that hasn't happened to other people before. It's not as though she were frowned upon by her peers. She swears I've screwed her over or something.

I walked out to the parking lot and looked around for Miranda and caught sight of her sitting on the hood of my car. I rushed over to her and grabbed her arm. "Did you talk to Christine? She's still pissed off at me?" I said sadly my voice resembling a depressed little boy who just lost his teddy bear.

"I did. but she didn't listen to a thing I said. She's too big headed to believe she's wrong. Pff. Welcome to Casper High." I sighed groaning not in the mood for joking.

"Seriously Miranda. I miss her like hell."

"Then play your aspired role as the good guy and beg for her forgiveness." I shook my head now frustrated. Christine is my everything. She just doesn't seem to grasp that. I wanna tell her how much I love and care for her, but that's what she wants. Me to come crawling back to her.

"Maybe you should just tell her how you feel. Tell her your feelings and sprinkle in the fact that she needs you. Right now you look like a sad child." I rolled my eyes and staggered over to the drivers seat door. Miranda's right. I am a mess. I drove us home then hurried upstairs in to my room and began pacing back and forth.

Should I call her? I want to. So badly. Whenever Christine and I break up, I'm like a shipwreck. I can't focus on anything. I can't sleep. I barely eat. Being without her just won't do it for me. I've never felt this way about a girl before. Christine she's something special. To me, she's the one.

Maybe Miranda's right. I probably should call her. And at the though my phone vibrated in my pocket and I received a text message from Christine. Come to my house. That's my woman. She's so demanding.

When I got to Christine's house she was waiting for me on her front porch. I walked up to her silently and she reached for my hand and lead me inside and up to her room. Still not speaking I shoved my hands into my pockets glancing around her room. I smiled when I caught glimpse of her Hello Kitty poster. Christine adores Hello Kitty. On special occasions like her birthday I'd always get her something Hello Kitty and she'd love them.

"Here." She said holding out a box. My heart sank and my mouth hung open.

"What is this?"

"You know...your stuff." She said shrugging not looking me in the eye. I sighed taking the box from her and setting it down. Then I reached for her hand and guided her to her bed and sat down.

"Christine I don't want us to break up for good. I love you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Yeah well I need to be able to prove to myself that I can stand on my own two feet. I don't need you by my side." Ouch. That's a stab right threw my heart.

"Christine I know what you mean, but our relationship isn't like that. So what if in school it appears that people ignore you when you aren't with me. How and why should that affect a relationship that's only between the two of us." She was quiet for a moment. She squeezed my hand in hers then finally looked up at me.

"I donno I just...feel like everyone at school treats me like I'm your shadow." For the first time in a long time my eyes began to water and a tear formed in the corner of my eye. I don't cry often. I can't remember the last time a tear escaped my eye. But Christine means so much to me. I can't help but to cry.

"You're not my shadow. It may convey to other that you are but you're not. High school it's nothing. Out there." I said pointing to her window. "Out there is where it counts. You own me Christine." I said laughing. "You always have. I'm as much your as I hope you are mine." She smiled for the first time, and leaned on my shoulder.

"You're so making this up." I chuckled shaking my head.

"No I'm not. You're my everything babe. And I promise that from now on I'll be on my best behavior." I said kissing her forehead. She grinned then leveled her face with mine.

"OK. And I'm sorry for being so stubborn. You must think I'm arrogant."

"You have no idea." I said laughing kissing her cheek. She smiled then cupped my face in her hands then softly pressed her lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? <3