Swing Into My Heart

Save

I jump to the next liana. We're almost there, and though I love having Gerard's arms around me, I'm kinda relieved we're almost there, because he's digging his nails into my bare back and it kinda hurts.

I let go of the last liana and fly freely through the air. I hear Gerard whine and I have to focus to land safely, and not look down at him to see how cute he looks.

And, as always, I land perfectly.

And thankfully, Gerard lets go. Well, he pulls his nails out of my back, but he keeps his arms around my neck. I smile up at him. I don't really like how he's taller than me, but then again, I feel protected and able to protect him. I feel equal with him.

Without thought, I tip-toe up and bump the tip of my nose against his. I couldn't help it. It's just, it looked so cute.

Gerard smiles, though, so I guess it's not an insult where he's from either.

He suddenly leans down, looking more serious, and I stare at him as he closes his eyes and continue closing his face in on me. His lips are in collision course with mine. What is he doing?

And then, they meet: our lips meet. And. And. And I like it. I-

I close my eyes and enjoy it. I can feel it all over my body. My feet tickle and my stomach tingles and my ears prickle.

I've never tried this. I've never even thought of it. I never felt like this.

“Gerard!” someone screams at the top of their lungs, forcing Gerard to pull away from me. I quickly turn my head towards the sound and look viciously at the guy who screamed. How dare he stop Gerard from doing such a wonderful thing to me?
“Gerard!” he screams again. Yes! That is his name! Now, go away!

“Bert,” Gerard whispers under his breath. Bert? What does that mean? Run, or something? Should I be afraid of this guy?

Ha! I'm scared of nothing!

“Gerard, don't worry! I'll save you!” he screams again. I'm starting to get tired of all this screaming and less of this thing Gerard was doing to me. I take a step towards the guy, staring evilly at him.

Suddenly, he pulls something out of his pocket. It's a black stick of some sort. Or a black rock.

“Gerard, run!” he says and point the stick-rock at me. What?

“No!” Gerard says and pushes me away. When I hit the ground, a very loud bang resonates through the jungle and I almost jump right back up. But I don't. I just look up.

The stick-rock is smoking. Did he set it on fire?

I can hear Gerard breathe heavily and I look up at him to make sure he's okay, but as soon as I do, he falls to the ground, sleeping. I frown.

Again?

“Gerard!” the guy screams. I look stunned up at him, and he stops his run towards us. I frown.

He looks troubled. Like he can't decide whether to run away or towards Gerard. I scowl at him. Gerard is mine.

I give the guy an evil look, and surely, he runs away. I smile.

I crawl over to Gerard and brush a strand of hair away from his pretty face. He looks so beautiful. And his lips are just...perfect.

I sigh deeply.

Gerard grunts.

“Gerard?” I ask, hoping he's waking up. He opens his eyes and I feel like jumping around and screaming. But I've had enough screaming for today. Instead, I laugh quickly.
“Hi,” I say. Gerard looks into my eyes, frowns, but then smiles.

“Hi,” he whispers.

Suddenly, his smile disappears. He sits up abruptly.

“You need to leave!” he says harshly.

Why?

I look at him sad. Why does he want me to leave?

“He's gonna hurt you. He'll come back with more guns. Please, just run,” he begs. Guns? Was that the odd black stick-rock? What does it do?
“He'll kill you. Please, you need to run!” Gerard begs again. He's saving me. He cares about me. He doesn't want me to get hurt. Die? I never die. But hurt? That I do get.

I'm about to get up, but I stop. I look down at Gerard. I smile.

Quickly, I lean down and connect our lips the way Gerard did.

Then, I get up, crawl up into a tree and swing myself away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Here's an update on a very special day. =D