How I Cope With Losing You

How I Cope With Losing You

So here Caden sat at some old bar downing the last of his drink, half wasted, thinking about what just happened to him, about how he could let something that meant so much to him go like that. Thinking of how stupid he was letting the love of his life just walk out without saying a word to her or even trying to stop her. He ordered another drink knowing that he didn’t need it but that’s how he was coping with losing her.
He thought back to the day they met:

He was just got home from a party one night and surprisingly he wasn’t drunk and he also didn’t bring a girl home with him this time. He walked upstairs to his room and he just happened to glance out of his window and there she was, the girl who just moved in about a week ago. She was sitting on the roof of the house next door. Caden thought she was so beautiful. He walked over to his window, opened it, and stuck his head out and said:
“Why are you sitting on your roof?” He asked looking at her. She looked up and gave him an odd look like it was normal for a girl to be sitting on her roof at two in the morning.
“Thinking?” She said with a small smile.
“Oh,…. Mind if I join?” He asked. She shrugged and he stepped out of his window and walked towards the edge of his roof. She slid closer to the edge of hers as well.
“I’m Caden” He said smiling at her.
“Storm” She said returning the smile.
“How are you liking it here?” he asked her.
“It’s really different than where I’m from. I’m not use to seeing the stars at night.” Strom said looking up at the night sky.
“Where are you from?”
“New York.” She stated simply.
“New York? What is a girl from New York doing here in South Carolina?” Caden asked shocked that someone from New York would actually want to live in a place so different.
“I needed a change in scenery. I was sick of the city and the people in it so I left.” She said

They sat there that night and talked until morning. That was the first time that Storm had ever opened up to someone that much. Caden didn’t want to admit it but he kinda liked this girl… a lot. Their ‘meetings’ on their roofs become regular. They would go out there every night and talk.


Caden sat at the bar looking down at his drink thinking back at the time he first went over to her house. Which was also the first time he kissed her.

It had been about five months since the first night they talked while sitting on their roofs.
They knew absolutely everything about each other. Favorite colors, favorite movies, foods, etc. etc.
“So, what are you doing tomorrow?” Caden asked Strom. They have known each other for five months and the only time they talk or see each other is when they sit on their roofs.
“I have to paint my bathroom.” Storm said playing with a leaf that had fallen out of a tree.
“You’ve been here for five months and you aren’t done painting?” Caden asked.
“I’m a busy woman.”
“Could you use some help?” he asked hopefully.
“As a matter of fact I could.” She said smiling at him. “Be at my house around one?”
“I’ll be there at 12:59.” Caden replied while standing up walking back towards his window. “Night Strom.”
“Goodnight Caden.” Storm said going back through her window.
The next day came and Caden walked over to Storm’s and rang the doorbell.
“Hello beautiful.” Caden said when Storm opened the door and let him in.
“Hi there. Ready to get to work?” She asked.
“Lead the way.” he said and Storm headed for the stairs. “So what color are we painting it?”
“Purple.” she said smiling.
“Purple?”
“Yes, purple. Do you have a problem with purple Mr. Smith?”
“No ma’am.” Caden said causing Strom to giggle. They walked through her room and to a door on the other side. She opened it to reveal a pretty big bathroom.
A hour later Storm and Caden were working on the second wall. Caden noticed how Storm bit down on her bottom lip in concentration while she painted. He noticed all the little things she did and he thought they were so cute.
Caden bent down to dip his paint roller into the paint and got a idea. He stuck his finger into the paint and leaned back up.
“Hey, Storm?”
“Huh?”
“um.. You gotta little something right there,” Caden said taking his paint covered finger and ran it over Storm’s cheek. She looked at Caden wide eyes and mouth agape. Caden smirked at her. She then took her paint roller and ran it down his nose. And smiled innocently at him. That smile alone could make him melt.
“You’re gonna pay for that.” Caden said laughing. Storm then took off running. She ran downstairs and into the kitchen. Caden was close behind and then suddenly Storm stopped running and turned around quickly which caused Caden to run into her causing both of them to fall onto the floor. Caden then rubbed his paint covered nose against hers, covering her face with even more paint.
“Stop Caden!” She yelled while laughing.
He did as he was told and just looked her in her beautiful green eyes.
Then he did something unexpected…. He kissed her. It wasn’t a kiss full of lust but I was a soft kiss but very passionate.
He pulled away to see a very wide eyed Storm.
“Be mine.” He whispered looking down at her.
She only smiled and kissed him again.


Thinking back to that night almost brought Caden to tears. He really couldn’t believe himself right now. He’s here sitting at a bar drinking away his pain, when that’s the reason he lost her in the first place. He drank to much and he partied waaaay to much. Storm begged him to cut it down a bit. He always said he would but of course he never did.

“I don’t have a fucking problem, Storm!” Caden yelled after Storm told him that he needed to get his act together and fix his problem.
“Yes, you do, Caden! You go out almost every night and get wasted and then come stumbling over here expecting me not to get mad! You know what Caden I don’t want to see you anymore. Well not until you fix yourself anyway.” Storm said walking out of Caden’s front door, running over to her house and locking the door behind her. He didn’t try to run after her because he knew she was really upset and she doesn’t joke around when she’s upset.


Caden looked down at his drink and shook his head. He was done with this, he was done with partying every night and getting wasted. He was gonna go get Storm back. He got up from the bar stool and wobbled drunkenly towards the door. He got into his car and headed back towards Storm’s house.

After driving about five miles down the road Caden saw red and blue lights flash in the rearview mirror. Caden sighed loudly knowing what was coming next. He pulled to the side of the road and the cop car followed. The cop walked up the Caden’s window and tapped on it with his flash light. Caden rolled the window down not looking at the cop.

“Can you please step out of the car sir.” The cop said with a thick southern accent. Caden did as he was told. “I want you to walk this straight line right here.” The cop said pointing to the line on the edge of the road. Caden did as he was told once more. But started to walk the line and wobbled all over the place. The cop walked over to Caden and shown his flash light in his eyes to see his blood shot and dilated eyes.
“How much have you had to drink tonight son?” The officer asked.
“um.. I- I don’t know.” Caden said shamefully looking down at the ground.
"well i'm gonna ask you to please get in the back of the patrol car. Can't have you out here driving in this condition." The officer said opening the door to the backseat.

They arrived at the jail. By now he was sobered up. The officer put Caden in a holding cell. Caden sat on the little bench in it and placed his face in his hands tears coming to his eyes. ‘how could I be so stupid. Storm will never forgive me for this’ he thought to himself. About five minutes later a police officer opened the cell and told Caden he could make his one call.
The officer walked Caden over to the phone. Caden called the first person that came to mind. After a few rings it went to voicemail.
“Storm, baby, its me….. Um, I know you’re really pissed with me right now and I’m so so sorry about everything. But please just do me this one huge favor and come… bail me out of jail. I will explain everything to you later, just please come…. I love you.” and with that said Caden hung up the phone and the officer escorted him back to the cell. Caden sat down once again. ‘I shouldn’t have called her. My mom would have came got me before she would.’ he thought to himself.

For the next hour or so Caden sat there in the holding cell staring at the wall thinking about nothing other than Storm. He was head over heels for this girl. He never thought that he would love someone as much as he loved her. She was his world and without her he’d be nothing. He’d still be that guy going out and getting smashed and sleeping with random girls. Storm was the most amazing thing to ever happen to him. Caden just knew she was the one.

Caden had been there for six hours when the officer came and opened the cell door.
“Caden Smith you are free to go.” he said unemotionally.
A smile spread across Caden’s face.
He walked out the door to see Storm standing there her arms folded across her chest. He ran over to her and leaned in to kiss her. She pulled back and a frown spread across his face.
“What makes you think that I have forgiven you, Caden?” Storm asked. “I should be even more pissed right now for getting your ass locked up!”
“I know, I know. You have every right to be mad with me. I cant even begin to explain how sorry I am. But please just forgive me. I cant go on having you mad at me. I promise you that I’ll stop. I’ll stop drinking, I’ll stop everything just so we can happily be together.” Caden said tears running down his face. “Storm I love you so much and I will do anything to make you happy.”

Seeing Caden cry broke Storm’s heart. Caden wasn’t one to cry so she knew that he was serious. Tears started to run down her face as well. She grabbed Caden’s hand and wiped the tears from his face with her free hand.
“You promise?” she asked.
Caden nodded his head and placed his forehead against hers.
“I’ll do absolutely anything you want.’ Caden whispered.
Storm smiled and kissed Caden with all the passion she had inside her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Storm
Caden

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!