Status: Active.

Be Happy.

o n e

Emily.

“So,” her voice slowed as she slurped obnoxiously at her water. “Do you have a boyfriend?” she winked. She actually winked, like she thought she was cool.
“No, Aunt Jenny.” I rolled my eyes.
“You just turned fifteen.” She said, as if I didn’t know.
“And?”
“And I’ve never heard you mention a boyfriend. You’re getting a little old, honey.” She adjusted her large sunglasses, perched on her head.
Old? Aren’t you like, 40?
“It’s not like I’m looking, Aunt Jenny. I’m not some slut. If someone wants to go out with me, they’ll ask.”
The wrinkles on her forehead jumped, because, apparently, she’d never heard the word slut.
Before she could respond, a waiter approached our table. He was about sixteen, and his thick ebony hair covered his ice blue eyes. He had to keep pushing it out of the way, so he could see us.
“What’s your name, sweetie?” Aunt Jenny asked, because, again, she thinks she Miss Thing.
“Uhm, Nick.” He smiled slightly, amused.
“Nick.” She stretched out his name, as if making sure it tasted right. “Nick, do you think this girl is pretty? Or, uh, hot?” she motioned towards me.
My cheeks flushed, and I didn’t make any eye contact with the boy.
“She’s beautiful.” He wasn’t hesitant, causing my cheeks to flush further.
“See, Emily? You’re cute enough.” She looked up at Nick to place her order, but I put my head on the table.
I guess she answered the question of my life.

I’m cute enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
My name is Emily, but this story is not mine.

I like this;;;;;; comment?