Status: Active.

Be Happy.

t w o

Nick.

Fuck, I hate my job.
“No, son, I asked for yellow mustard.” An old, heavyset man glared at me.
“That is yellow mustard, sir.” I hate how I had to be fucking polite to these assholes.
“It’s, like, got red mixed in it, or, like, something.” A twelve year old girl across from the man lifted his hamburger bun.
“That’d be the catsup.” I retrained myself.
“Then I want more catsup!” the old man snarled, shoving the plate towards me.
I managed a tight smile, though the only thing I wanted to do was tell him to fuck off. Taking the plate from the table, I walked back into the kitchen, where my friend Alex sat atop the counter. He took a drag from his cigarette, and smirked at me.
“Nick, dude, some hot chick is staring at you.” Alex peeked through the small window through the door that led into the dining area of Sarah’s Diner.
“Who?” I asked, looking through the window to see the beautiful girl who was, according to her aunt, ‘cute enough’.
“Fuck, that girl is bangin’.” He bit his lip. “I’d tap that.” He nodded.
“Alex, if my pencil sharpener had a skirt, you’d tap it.”
He shrugged, “What can I say?”
“Not much.” I mumbled.
“Dude, that lady with her just went to the bathroom! Man, go talk to her.” Alex grabbed my shoulders, and pushed them out the kitchen door. He followed me to the girl’s table.
“Uh, hi.” She offered, her cheeks turning a slight pink.
“Hey, baby, what’s your name?”Alex asked.
“Emily, baby.” she rolled her eyes.
“This is Nick.” He shoved me closer to her.
“Hey.” I smiled, glaring at Alex.
“Hello, Nick.” She took a drink of her water.
“Hey, uh, what are you doing?” I asked stupidly.
“Not much.” She laughed skeptically.
“Uhm, we’re going to go now.” I tried to turn, but Alex stopped me.
“Babe, can I have your number?” he asked her.
“I’m not anyone’s babe.” She looked at Alex. “But thanks. I’m flattered.” She said sarcastically.
“You should be, I’m pretty notorious in this town.” Alex adjusted his apron.
“I’ve never heard of you.” She said.
“Anyway, bye.” I tore Alex away from her.
“She’s totally into me.” He grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and suscribe.

Check out my story Contagious if you get bored. :)