Status: Active.

Be Happy.

t h r e e

Emily.

Summer was almost over, and nothing exciting had happened. Sure, I’d had some laughs, I’d hung out with Sarah, and done what I’d done every summer before that.

“I can’t believe we only have three weeks left.” Sarah moaned, burying her head in my pillow.

“I know. We should make the best of it.” I shrugged.

“Mini-golf?” she offered.

“Again?” I asked, skeptically.

“It’s a Friday night in Boston, and we’re sitting in your bedroom.” My best friend stood up, looking out my window.

“It’s nine o’ clock.” I pointed out.

“Let’s live on the edge, you wimp.” Sarah grinned, throwing a black jacket over her green striped dress, jeans underneath.

I stood up, and said, “I hate you, you’re so tiny.” I looked at her goddess-like figure.

“Curves are the new thing, Em.” She put her hands on her hips.

“I have curves in all the wrong places.” I stood up myself, going to my closet to look for a jacket.

“Shut up, you’re gorgeous. I’d fuck you, for sure. You know, if I was a guy.” She said it with such non-chalance that I had to laugh.

“Let’s not get into it.” I warned her, deciding on a plain white jacket to go over my blue plaid button-up.

She opened my window, so, naturally, I yelled, “What are you doing?”

“You’re dad’s not going to let you go anywhere, Emily.” She threw her foot over the window sill.

“Oh, fuck.” I said to myself, as I followed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, I kind of like this story.