Status: Active.

Be Happy.

f i v e

` When around a boy, I immediately become someone else.

I blush with every word I say, and instinctively cover my body. This, of course, made me not an expert conversationalist.

“So, what school do you go to?” he asked curiously.

He probably wishes that he was talking to Sarah right now. That he wasn’t stuck with the fat girl.

“I go to East Boston High school. Which you knew, because… um, never mind.” I laughed sheepishly.

“Same here!” his electrifying blue eyes shone, “I can’t believe I’ve never met you.”

“Well, it’s a big school.” I replied, with a laugh.

Not big enough. I thought, as an approaching Taylor Simmons caught my eye. I was sure she was coming to talk to Nick, because, well, we hated each other.

“Nicky!” she screeched, showing off her pearly whites. She was sporting a thin pink bikini, though her flawless makeup suggested that she hadn’t been swimming.

Taylor Simmons and I used to be friends. This was before she got her first nose job, and turned into a Boston Barbie. She targeted me from the very beginning, as if to make sure that everyone knew that we were no longer friends. She ruled East Boston High, though no one liked her. Honestly, Taylor Simmons was cliché.

“Taylor,” he smiled politely.

“What are you doing here?” she had apparently just seen me, and glared at me angrily.

“I, uh, we were just….” I stuttered, not knowing what exactly I was doing here.

“Emily and I were just hanging out.” Nick covered me, giving me a reassuring wink.

Sarah stood up, turning away from Alex, and to Taylor.

“Nick, sweetie, you could do a lot better than this… thin wannabe.” Taylor gestured toward me, obviously pissed that she hadn’t been Nick’s first choice to hang out.

“For god’s sake, she’s barely ten pounds bigger than you, Taylor. It’s so sad that you have to make up a flaw with her, because you’re so insecure. ” Sarah rolled her eyes.

“You know Taylor, I can lose those last ten pounds. But, they’ve yet to make a diet that cures bitchiness. So I guess you’re out of luck.” I smiled sweetly, and turned back
to Nick.

There was a moment of stunned silence.

“That’s you’re cue to stomp on out of here, Taylor.” I shooed her away.

Taylor, obviously left with nothing to say, stormed away.

Nick gave me devilish grin, “Now that she’s gone, what were you saying?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is a sucky filler.